Search results

1. yurka77

Should I replace op amps in my MA6200 ?

Do you guys think it would be beneficial to replace the original op amps with something newer and hopefully better ? And which ones ? Thanks in advance
  2. yurka77

What’s the best amplification option for my tube CJ gear

Here is my dilemma. I have a CJ PV-15 tube line stage to which I connect my CJ EV-1 tube phono stage with turntable. I have several solid state amplifiers: McIntosh MA6200 and Accuphase E-202. What would be the best possible option for the hookup : 1) using just CJ phono stage directly into one...
  3. yurka77

Hilarious - One and only Onkyo TX-4500MK2 with REMOTE

no affiliation, but if you are looking for one with remote, this is your chance.....LOL https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/ele/d/riverside-onkyo-tx-4500mk2-receiver/7290599338.html
  4. yurka77

Should I upgrade the cable/wire on my REGA RB300 arm?

the arm has original thin cable/wire from the 80s. Would it make sense to upgrade it, will it give better sound ? which one would you recommend ? thanks in advance everyone
  5. yurka77

Do you believe this, can it actually change the sound ?

Is this true ? My initial thought is no......no affiliation of course...
  6. yurka77

Which cartridge to keep ? Stanton or AudioTechnica

I have these 2 brand new carts and want to only keep one for my use. Which one you feel would be better for my Technics SL-1210 MK5 table with CJ phono stage. Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III or Stanton 881S ? thanks
  7. yurka77

Which interconnects for CJ gear ?

Any CJ tube gear owners can recommend which interconnects to use between all tube CJ phono stage , preamp and amp ? I’m currently using Mogami Neglex 2534 rca cables made by a member here but wonder if I should upgrade . Thanks in advance
  8. yurka77

Should i upgrade MA6200 bulbs to LEDs or just replace with incandescent ?

please let me know what you think, i wonder if leds would make the face letters come through brighter or not really ? if yes, which leds to order. thanks in advance
  9. yurka77

Penthode vs Triode and Feedback LF/NF

There are 4 toggle switches on my tube amp: 2 for Pentode/ Triode and 2 for Feedback LF/NF What do they do and what positions should be used and why ? would love to hear your thoughts
  10. yurka77

Preamps : C34V or C42 which is better ?

Curious if C42 be an upgrade from a C34V ?
  11. yurka77

Weird one channel out issue with stereo/mono push switch involved

Hoping someone can help me here. My G series receiver has almost no sound/very faint sound on left channel on all line in selector inputs but both channels come in fine on FM and AM. I was pushing all the square push switches and noticed that when I push in the "stereo/mono" switch in the mono...
  12. yurka77

Which phono stage for Conrad Johnson PV15 tube preamp ?

This one has no phono stage, but besides my line stage needs i also need to listen to LPs also......so I have 2 options ? 1) have CJ install one for god knows how much money ? or 2) external phono stage possibly a 3rd opttion : use my Mcintosh C34V phono section and send that signal to Conrad...
  13. yurka77

How to fix/replace this broken dial pointer ?

Is there a way to fix or replace this ? Please help
  14. yurka77

What wold you pay for Mcintosh C48 preamp ?

I was thinking about getting one of these, but for a good price, what would that be ? thanks
  15. yurka77

What do you think about this amp ? can it be good ?

Curious to know what you guys think about this, built quality, sonic performance.....can it be good ? no affiliation https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nobsound-HiFi-Pure-Power-Amplifier-Class-A-AB-200W-Inspired-by-Accuphase-Black/253993718997?epid=18026262024&hash=item3b233494d5:g:Rx0AAOSwnWpb9hob
  16. yurka77

Should I replace power cord on Marantz 2230

The current power cord is in good condition , works well but I was wondering if there is anything to gain if I replace it with the polarized one ?
  17. yurka77

Where can I get these screws for Marantz 2230

Was hoping someone could tell me where I can get the little screws for Marantz 2230 front face. Not the big hex bolts but the small round cap screws . Thanks
  18. yurka77

Crazy good deal on Macbook PRO at Best buy....best price ive ever seen

NO AFFILIATION: crazy sale at Best Buy today... $400-$500 off https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=macbook+pro&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys
  19. yurka77

Is this burnt or just glue ?

Can someone please tell me if this is bad or normal. Is this board burnt or is it just some kind of glue ? Thank you
  20. yurka77

Has anyone replaced acrylic dial window for the receiver with real glass ?

i was thinking about doing that to one of my receivers. Looks like the acrylic window is fat enough and could be replaced with real glass. Haas anyone actually done this ? will it illuminate better and whats the cost and who can make it ? Does it make sense to do it ? Curious to hear opinions
  21. yurka77

Preamp to 2 amps connected possible?

My preamp has two outputs labeled one and two does that mean I can hook up 2 power amps to that preamp at the same time and they will produce sound ? can the preamp play both amps at the same time. Is that called bi-amping ? My preamp has two outputs in the back but no output selector in the...
  22. yurka77

Best way to feed these Speakers

What’s the best thing to use to feed and wax these ? They are real oak veneer . Is anything better than Howard’s for my purpose? Thanks
  23. yurka77

Where can I get this bulb for Kenwood receiver

One of these bulbs are out and I need to replace it . Can someone please help me locate where I can buy one from . Thank you
  24. yurka77

Need instructions to delete balance pot in C2 preamp

hi folks, I would like to disable/bypass that evil balance pot in my C2. Could someone provide instructions on how to do it properly . I’m not a technician but would like to try to do it myself. If it’s too much for me, I will take it to my tech. Thanks in advance.
  25. yurka77

Smoke from Sony STR-7065A, is this bad ?

I replaced dial lights on each end of the glass with LEDs, and when I turned it on, the new lights did not come on and one of the pieces on the board started to smoke. I turned off immediately and realized that the the foil tape/tinned paper that goes around the bulbs to prevent light leakage...
Back
Top Bottom