Search results

1. S

Help with Ampex 6973 monos

Rechecked the power supply. All filter caps are brand new Nichicon caps, all negative leads go to ground, all positive leads seem to be correctly wired, small resistor does not over heat, just the 33k 1w resistor is over heating. For some reason, I can not download pics or schematic, not sure...
  2. S

Only rewired one amp, the other amp is unmolested. Tried to post pics but can't figure out how.
  3. S

Obtained some Ampex 6973 mono amps, thought to transfer them to new chassis, while installing new caps, resistors, wiring, everything except the transformers. I am somewhat of a novice but thought I could use one amp as a guide to rewire the other one. Rewired amp has a loud hum, maybe 60...
  4. S

Searchin' for info on a Ampex console with Tube Monoblocs

Dswankey, I have some ampex 6973 mono amps, I am planning to restore. Any chance you could send me the schematics? Sorry for the multi posts, still trying to figure how this site works.
  5. S

Searchin' for info on a Ampex console with Tube Monoblocs

I have the ampex 6973 mono amps
  6. S

MR 71 - Need Help

Thank you so much, I will certainly try it.
  7. S

MR 71 - Need Help

Just got a MR71 tuner. Seller got it at an estate sale, all he knew was it powered up. Powered it up slowly on a variac. All tubes light up, I do not have a tube tester. Hooked it up, tried both fixed & variable outputs, but only getting music out of left channel. Turned volume almost all the...
  8. S

Bozak 302, need some info

Markman, obviously nobody has seen Bozaks like you & I own. All the other 302's have backs that screw off, I had some years ago that did. Anyway, to get yours in world class condition, get some aluminum Mids #B-209B off ebay, check to see if you have the B-200Y or B-200Z Tweeters, those are...
  9. S

Thanks Andy, just wanted someone to double check, in case I missed something. Weird about the backs not being screwed on, never seen ones with the holes either, going to have to seal that up.
  10. S

Little off the subject but since we are talking about Bozaks... I have just modified my crossovers using the Tobin 104T mod. I am hoping they are correct. Does anyone see anything I forgot? Last two pics are of the completed crossover. Don't like these terminal strips but it's all parts...
  11. S

Pics of my Bozak 302A Century, dated April of 1967. The backs do not screw off, don't come off at all that I can find. No control on the backs of mine, just the label, speaker terminals & a hole under the label covered up with a small piece of wood with 2 screws. My crossover is an N-10102...
  12. S

I have a pair exactly like yours, no way to take the back off. They are Bozaak 302A Century models. The back is NOT screwed on, at the bottom is the speaker terminals, near the top is a hole with a piece of wood with 2 screws to cover the hole. Correct? I am in the process of modifying the...
  13. S

Bozak B-302A Century Speaker Project!!

Could use some help with (Tobin 104T mod) I have a pair of Bozak 302A Century speakers that I want to modify the crossovers with the Tobin 104T mod. Bought caps & resistors, but do not read a schematic well. Tried looking at others' pics but most are of the 101T mod, not the 104T...
  14. S

If you've got Bozaks, TOBIN-IZE THEM!

Need help!! I have a pair of Bozak 302A Century speakers, I want to modify the crossovers using the Tobin 104T mod. I do not read schematics well. Could someone please give me step by step instructions? (50 uf cap connects here & here, etc.) Also where do the jumpers connect? Finally, which tap...
  15. S

Help. Issue with a CR 2020

I have a new to me CR 2020, mint cosmetic condition, worked fine until yesterday. I am having a problem with (don't know the correct name of the part) the relay or circuit breaker or whatever it is, that when powering up, delays the sound to the speakers for a few seconds. On a cold power up...
  16. S

Help with a Kenwood Eleven III

Thank you for the info, aileenamegan. Never tried it counter clockwise. Will attempt it. Thanks again.
  17. S

Help with a Kenwood Eleven III

Have a mint Kenwood Eleven III receiver. Timer works, but can not get it back to the reset position. Have it bypassed at the moment. Unless it is in the reset position, it will only work while timer is actually running. Can not rotate dial to the reset position. Plastic parts inside are not...
  18. S

100-130 wpc receivers, Akai-Yamaha

Might add the Kenwood Eleven III (Military issue) same as the Kenwood 10000 III. From 1977-79, 120 to 125 watts depending on what you read. Big beautiful looking & sounding receiver.
Back
Top Bottom