Search results

1. Tour2ma

Any Southwest Technical Products Builders/ Owners Out There?

I'd forgotten all about this old thread 'til the "new post" e-mail popped up this morning. Read the entire thread... Felt like I was visiting an old friend... Sorry to say I lost the Tigersaurus kits to Hurricane Ike a couple years ago when they (and my house) spent a night in Galveston...
  2. Tour2ma

Wednesday Tunes

I love those guys... most versitile group I've ever heard and seems like they've been around forever. Me... A "new to me" garage sale find: Soulhat - Good to Be Gone. Not all golden, but bats about 0.800... Borderline vocals (but you like them), quirkly lyrics, fine-ass guitar... Feels...
  3. Tour2ma

Wednesday Tunes

^ Well I'll be a Monkee's uncle... ^^ Chris Hillman put out a great deal of underappreciated stuff after his Byrds and Burritos days. In addition to his solo work the Souther-Hillman-Furay Band was a nice collaboration while it lasted.
  4. Tour2ma

Wednesday Tunes

Warren Zevon - "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (An Anthology)" One of those bad voices you just love. Always enjoyed "Werewolves...",. etc., but I'd never owned him until his passing. Now I know there was a hole in my music. What really grabs me is the outstanding SQ and musicianship of this...
  5. Tour2ma

Thursday Tunes

Paula Cole: This Fire Used CD shop purchase for "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone". Just threw it in expecting full disk of pleasant, background fluff in the same vein... But no-o-o-o-o-o... In the opening of the first track, "Tiger", she reached out, grabbed me by the balls and said, "Sit...
  6. Tour2ma

Vintage Koss Pro4AA or New Pro4AAT?

And don't even think about wearing your glasses... :nono:
  7. Tour2ma

Name I'd Almost Forgotten - Rectilinear

Well, I'd say they achieved their goal... I remember the Lowboys as being very bass heavy.
  8. Tour2ma

What TT's do you folks have

A Dolby Turntable?
  9. Tour2ma

Ebay..Where Do You Stand?

Ditto... but I'm not laughing...
  10. Tour2ma

Tips on using AK's Software

These two were lost in the etherspace?
  11. Tour2ma

Sunday Tunes

Still strickly Christmas fare here... Bing, Deano, Francis Albert, The Velvet Fog... I do have a new James Taylor Christmas CD in the mix...
  12. Tour2ma

Thorens 160 help needed in Houston TX

What's the site and contact info, Luther? I might be able to lend a hand.
  13. Tour2ma

Name I'd Almost Forgotten - Rectilinear

These popped up in an ebay search. I remembered the Model III Lowboys, but not these. Except for the Lowboy, I did not have much luck finding info on the net. Here's the auction which closed at $600... more than I thought they'd fetch...
  14. Tour2ma

Vintage Koss Pro4AA or New Pro4AAT?

One thing the Koss Pro 4AA's do have going for them is their lifetime warranty. So buy the cheapest, rattiest pair you can find, send them to Koss with a small check ($6 per pair if memory serves) and in about a month or so you've essentially got a new pair in your hands. I was shocked that...
  15. Tour2ma

Ancient Record Changer...

Pffft... Probably all it would have taken is an Erector Set and an old Hoover to fix... :D
  16. Tour2ma

need AR-4X spkrs info

Classicspeakerpages is a good link, but not a wealth of info on the 4x there. 4x's are late 60's vintage. Came between the 4's and the 4ax's (most often seen). I've seen 2 pairs of 4x's on ebay. Both were in nice shape, one pair sold for $50 and change, and the other for $75. They're...
  17. Tour2ma

AR 1W's and 3t's

Clearly rare offerings in nice condition, and likely worth a lot more as a complete set. Have seen one pair of 1W's before, and they went pretty high as well... around $1000 as I remember. It almost looks as if the 3t's are vented... slots along the top front. I'll see if I can dig up...
  18. Tour2ma

Fd, Your ebay name wouldn't happen to be c######7, would it? Thanks for the video link, Grumpy...
  19. Tour2ma

Favorite Classical Album?

I have this as well. Gorgeous recording of a gorgeous performance...
  20. Tour2ma

AR 1W's and 3t's

Interesting old AR's that just sold in separate auctions on ebay. Both went for BIN prices of $1500 for the W's and $500 for the 3t's. Have seen 1W's, but had not ever come across the 3t's before.
  21. Tour2ma

What got you started/addicted to Hi-Fi

Sounds like a fellow Buckeye transplant to Tejas... Cuyahoga County born and raised here.. We now return you to your previously scheduled discussion...
  22. Tour2ma

What got you started/addicted to Hi-Fi

When I was 12 or 13 I was given a Sears Silvertone Stereo Record Player for Christmas. It was the old suitcase style with the turntable that swiveled down out of the case and the speakers swiveled out to the sides. The breakthrough came months later when I realized that the speakers could be...
  23. Tour2ma

YES....my 15 year search for The Grail

Will need to look into the yahoo group. Sizable YES fan here as well... From "Time and a Word" through "Tales..." anyway. Wore out two copies of "Close to the Edge". Was dissappointed in "90125"... I mean the lyrics actually seemed to mean something. What was up with that? Saw them a couple...
  24. Tour2ma

Sunday Tunes

Well, it was Sunday when I spun this. Very nice indeed...
  25. Tour2ma

Makes me want to holler "Mousetrap".... Full ebay listing here.
Back
Top Bottom