Search results

1. A

Are reel to reel tapes still being made?

Just as a clarification; I read over the RMGI list and noticed one error. I work for the Guitar Center/Musicians Friend conglom and unfortunately we do not sell any reel tape at this time. Wish we did..
  2. A

teac A3340S

put...the hammer...down. ;-)
  3. A

Teac A-6010

I've also ascertained that the heads are a bit misaligned; forward play has a bit of backwards bleedthrough on one channel, and on reverse one channel is quieter than the forward playback and the other is almost non-existent. I hope this is a fairly simple process; will have to break down and...
  4. A

Teac A-6010

Yeah, I was looking at the remotes online last night..any of those would at least triple my investment! Any idea what the on/off switch between the 'repeat' and 'pause' plug-ins is for? Thanks.
  5. A

Teac A-6010

Well it all looks pretty clean in there, and not having any electrical problems but if it does I'll know one place to look. Thanks.
  6. A

Teac A-6010

Couple of relays in there with clear plastic casings, couple of multi-leaf switches are wide open.
  7. A

Teac A-6010

THAT'S what I hoped to hear, long-term reliability. Not sure what the signal record button does, nor the on/off switch between the 'pause' and 'repeat' plug-ins on the back...but then I'm not sure what would plug into those anyway. And it seems to me Teac could have incorporated a splice block...
  8. A

Teac A-6010

As I've been getting back into this hobby I've re-evaluated the machines I had in storage with a little more knowledge. Have had a Sony TC645 RTR in the rack for several years but one channel's gone completely dead. Best candidate I've got for its replacement is a Teac A-6010 I picked up at a...
  9. A

Harman Kardon CD291 Cassette Deck

I have one in the morgue with logic problems if you need any hard parts.
  10. A

Panasonic RS-296US-20 Tapes

That is completely bad-ass. I can't believe it actually works.
  11. A

tc-645

I've had one of those in my rack for several years and have usually been very pleased with it BUT one channel's gone dead. The brakes on mine used to get 'confused' once in a while and make a mess but then work fine the next 25 times. When both channels were working it sounded great.
  12. A

TEAC A-2340 RTR - Looks can be deceiving !!!

Awesome. That's one of the ones you can overdub on, isn't it?
  13. A

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

super super blues band Hit big on blues cassettes at thrift store last night; in addition to Muddy, BB, Big Joe Williams, John Lee and Bloomfield there was one of the 'Super Super Blues Band', which was Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf in a studio somewhere having quite a good time...
  14. A

Honda/Matsushita tape deck

Thanks for the reply. I've swabbed out the head area and have come to the conclusion that the problem only exists with certain tapes..which happened to be the first two I'd grabbed. Both happened to be Type 1...hmmm. The others I've had like this have played anything you threw at them..this...
  15. A

Honda/Matsushita tape deck

My old beater Accord has a great factory tape player whose RW/FF began to glitch out when it got warm; kachunk, kachunk..it would also at other times emit a horrible screech which I hope was coming through the speakers. If it wasn't it was just incredibly loud. I found another one just like it...
  16. A

Fender Deluxe Reverb restoration questions

May have to get in the tube socket from inside and bend the contacts so that they grip the tube pin tighter. They lose their tension. Our amp tech has to do this a lot, especially on Fenders.
  17. A

Thoughts on short scale guitars?

Fender's Jaguar and Mustang are 24" scale although I really couldn't recommend a Jag because of their built-in bridge issues. I think there is a Jag variant with hardtail bridge and humbuckers. If you can find one try out an old Peavey T-15 or T-30; they were 23.5" scale. I used one for therapy...
  18. A

Hitachi D-RV7

That's the same one I've been working on. Fairly easy to re-belt, mine worked fine with 9" x 1/8" drive belts. One of mine has a loud motor too. None of my three auto-reverse, so count yourself lucky. The original belts turned to tar, beware..
  19. A

Realistic SCT-42/Hitachi DRV7

Long story short, I wound up buying three of these from the local SA store over the last couple weeks, obviously came in together. None of them ran except FF & REW. Drive belts in various states of goo. Initially bought the cleanest one, a junker Pioneer double deck donated exactly the right...
  20. A

Teac 450 Deck

Very worthwhile. I have a 450 and it tickles me every time I fire it up. Sounds very good to my blasted ears too.
  21. A

Belt question please about Pioneer CT-F750

ever get this straightened out?
  22. A

Sansui ?

I believe Guitar Center carries DeOxit, if there's one near you..
  23. A

tangled up in tape again

Thanks!
  24. A

Realistic SCT-42

Thanks, jegor. I was having no luck figuring that one out! Should make finding belts easier.
Back
Top Bottom