Search results

1. Ski

Big Heathkit speakers?

Howdy. I kinda remember seeing some pictures of some very large Heathkit speakers but can't remember the model. There's a pair of Heathkit speakers for sale near me that appear to be about 5' tall and have a 15" woofer. I've tried to find an image on google but can't. I almost remember @djnagle...
  2. Ski

TD 125 motor problems

Good afternoon everybody. I recently got a Thorens TD-125 MK1 in need of some help. The motor hesitates. If I get it spinning the speed is jumpy and will eventually stop. I'm believing it's either the motor or control board. Is there an easy way to determine which one it is? What should my next...
  3. Ski

MRJBQ packs a punch

I don't often post feedback since I guess I'm spoiled by smooth transactions across the board. However, mrjbq packed and shipped me a pair of Polk Audio LSi9 speakers. As I was unpacking them, I realized that I wish I had taken photos of the process. These gorgeous and heavy speakers arrived...
  4. Ski

2018 VOA auction - Sealed Goblin - Dawn of the Dead 180g

Up for auction is a true collector's item that I picked up. After some research, I found out how much this album goes for in good condition and could never bring myself to open it. It's an Italian pressing on 180g (clear?) vinyl. Let's start the bidding at $20 and get it as high as possible...
  5. Ski

Free - Magnepan MG IIa projects

I picked up a pair of these that were not working. I hoped for the best and found the worst. They will need total rewiring. I will post this in the AK Barter Town soon. I just wanted to give you guys first chance and am still having problems navigating the Google group. Admins - I am sorry if...
  6. Ski

Canton Ohio to Detroit?

It's worth a try. If anybody happens to be making this trip, there is an amp that i really want from to purchase from another AK member. If anybody happens to run this route, I would appreciate it and work out any logistics that I can. Thanks, Ski
  7. Ski

ADS C2000 vs MiniDSP for bi-amping various ADS speakers

I have been thinking about replicating the results of the C2000 crossover with a MiniDSP 2x4. I've heard there is some phasing issues that the C2000 corrects compared to using a standard 2-way electronic xo. There are also questions as to the slope and any +/- to be had at any given freq. (ie...
  8. Ski

Amp for low end?

I am currently bi-amping a pair of speakers with an external crossover. I'm using an ST-70 on the top and a Luxman M-02 (150 wpc) on the bottom. I also use a powered sub XO's @ 40Hz. The speakers are sealed and so is the sub. The speakers are pretty efficient, but 6 ohm nominal when not...
  9. Ski

2017 member of the year nominations?

Maybe I missed it but is there a member of the year nomination post already in play or upcoming? I'm seldom decided, but this year I am.
  10. Ski

DQ-1W specs or opinions?

Does anybody know the specs for a DQ-1w subwoofer? I have one and liked it while teamed up with DQ-10s that I no longer have. My main speakers go lower than many subwoofers and I'm wondering if it would be worth investing in an amp and/or another DQ-1w. Would I be better off investing the...
  11. Ski

Got me some Stax.

This is my first time posting in this forum. My main headphones were a pair of AKG K-240. I absolutely loved them. I've always seen and read about Stax earspeakers. I've always wanted to try a pair and have gotten outbid on their electrets a few times. Well, I've worked some overtime and a...
  12. Ski

Got Wilsons?

Does anybody have a way; via member, store, cousin, etc., that I would be able to hear a pair of Wilson Sophias? I would also love to hear any other Wilson speaker. I am happy with my current ADS speakers, but am always looking to improve and found a pair at a reasonable price that I can't...
  13. Ski

Using an AVR for the amps with a pre/pro?

I recently picked up a nice pre/pro but my amps I plan to use are needing service. I have a variety of AVRs, but they all have pre-outs, but no main-ins. My question is - Can I use the multi-channel inputs for the DVD to use the rear amps. I have a few power amps and integrated amps (with...
  14. Ski

Bostown rawks

I bought an integrated amp and matching tuner that I didn't need, but at the price had to have. They were packed in a way deserving of equipment much more fragile and expensive. I am very happy indeed.
  15. Ski

Allen Park swap

Would this be an appropriate place to talk about possible gear to be offered at the meet? I have some things and look forward to a preview of other persons' offerings.
  16. Ski

Audio Alchemy Powerstation One

I have an Audio Alchemy DDE v1.1 and a DTI. Both power supplies have gone missing over the years. I was wondering if anybody has found a readily available replacement for these. They use a stereo mini-plug to supply 12-15VDC +, -, and negative (or something like that). I wouldn't mind having...
  17. Ski

Variac question

I have a tube amp that hasn't been used in a couple of years and want to slow ramp it up. I've seen the ones on ebay and have thought about building a dim bulb rig. I would rather not have to spend the money on a new one and a diy bulb project would most likely end up not getting built. I was...
  18. Ski

Justrideit must have rode all night

Somehow this guy got a package delivered here in about 72 hours from payment. During the middle of December? Great guy to know and deal with. I can't wait for Christmas Morning.
  19. Ski

JBL 4612-OK needing two woofers

I picked up a pr. of thes JBLs the other day. One is complete but the other has a single eminence 8ohm woofer. I can get a pr of 2118j woofers for around $150. Would they be worth it? Could I get a pair of decent non JBL replacements? Maybe something to help with the lows. Each cab having...
  20. Ski

Variac local to downriver?

Howdy members. I have not been a participant lately due to life priorities. These priorities have recently been adjusted to where I will acknowledge that my 5.1 rcvr sounds like ass and that I have an ST-70 collecting dust. I don't ask for forgiveness of my sins, only a helping hand. My back...
  21. Ski

What do you call a guy that has 2 cars stolen on the same day?

Around here he's called Ski. Yep. I had my truck and my minivan stolen from my driveway yesterday. Neither one was running so they towed them. The truck didn't have insurance and the minivan only had liability coverage. I must've been a real jerk in a previous life or something.
  22. Ski

Ski ain't so great.

Having had a number of dealings with this character I must say that while he's not an ass, he's not nearly as responsive as most would like and he's very slow to ship. To the best of my knowledge he's never lied to anybody or tried to rip them off. He just promises what he can't deliver within...
  23. Ski

PS1 as transport only?

With all the talk about using a PS1 as a cdp, I was wondering if anybody has tried to get the digital audio out of one?
  24. Ski

What about a DIO (do it ourselves) AKfest

AKFest has become part of my life over the years. I look forward to it more than any holiday. The main thing I go for is to meet new members, introduce myself to people that remember me but I forgot having already met them, and talk to friends while we enjoy well reproduced music. Sure I...
  25. Ski

Projection TV repair?

Does anybody know about these behemoths? I have one that loses the red intermittantly. I don't think it's the bulb because when I bring up the TV's menu there is an icon that shows very red. I have another TV that is the same size and manufacturer but with what I believe is a bad power...
Back
Top Bottom