Search results

1. texlle

2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

Eh, I may be looking at Sunday now. As my 2/20 schedule dictates, I am working until noon and wouldn't likely make it down until 4PM from Jacksonville. Let me know if you guys are still doing Sunday, or if anyone is staying through late afternoon/early evening.
  2. texlle

2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

I'm looking for a nice cheap turntable for the bedroom. I have sold most of my excess gear this past year, but I'm not sure if I want to unload my Sony XDR-F1HD or not. I went to school at the Harriet Wilkes FAU campus near Abacoa so it will be nice to return to my old stomping ground for a day...
  3. texlle

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Volta Cab - Go Time On my JVC FS-5000 minisystem from '99 via Dell PC.
  4. texlle

2015 - can you hear me knocking....

:( I would haul my gear from Florida at least once to participate in an AK Fest. It's like an exotic/classiccar show, but you can actually drive (or be driven).
  5. texlle

New living space, new listening space, new system

Very nice! I would have gone with the same configuration.
  6. texlle

Luxman T-240 issues

Thanks for the recommendation, I may make a few of these. So based on everyone's feedback, signs are pointing toward poor reception. It makes sense considering the issue disappears in mono mode. I am a total newb at the analog tuner game, in case it wasn't grossly apparent.
  7. texlle

Luxman T-240 issues

I had considered that, even with the minimal ac draw when the tv is off. The tv does share a power strip with the stereo and I tried unplugging it but to no avail. The problem persisted. I need to move the table out. It's strange that the tuner did not become problematic until I rearranged.
  8. texlle

SoundStageDirect $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway HERE!

SoundStageDirect (420 posts ftw)
  9. texlle

Luxman T-240 issues

FM. I don't have an AM antenna connected at the moment. I am using a Terk that was included with the tuner. It is similar but not identical to the one below, and is likely an older unit. However, I had equally stellar reception when I used just a 3-foot section of coax cable with half an...
  10. texlle

Luxman T-240 issues

Hey guys. Lately I've been experiencing some reception issues with a secondhand Luxman I picked up earlier this year after making some minor changes to my listening room. The stereo is in a small and less than adequate 5-walled office. I recently added an Oppo DV-981HD for digital playback and...
  11. texlle

Humble setup

Nice score. A friend and I used to go fishing for gear behind our local cash converters before they shut down. That chain seems to take in some of the better gear I see for whatever reason. Still have the KEFs? Impressions? I've been running the K120's in the bedroom for a couple of years with...
  12. texlle

What Is The Most Underrated Piece of Audio You Ever Owned?

My Onkyo DV-S555 DVD player. Picked it for $15 at a flea market. Turns out, the audio section is far better rated than the video playback capability. I believe it has a nice 24 bit crystal or burr brown dac. Sounds fantastic and quite underrated. Then again, most of my gear has great bang for...
  13. texlle

My vintage B&O system - the proper B&O stuff!

What a beautiful recreation of a Copenhagen flat circa late 60's. A simple Ikea floorlamp and a round rug will round it out nicely. Too cool. This reminds me of that Beogram 3000 sitting in my closet in need of a restoration.
  14. texlle

Little River Band

I wanted to revive this thread to suggest their Backstage Pass live album. The live version of Light of Day in transition to Reminiscing is excellent.
  15. texlle

Life's little victories

Wow, there's a name for the distinctive chrysler v8 start up sound? I always thought they just sounded like heavy smokers trying to laugh. Hwa wa hwa... Never owned a dodge, but I'd take a '73 340 Duster in a heartbeat.
  16. texlle

Totem Hawks: review

Daunting indeed. Even if the perfect speaker exists, I'll probably never find it. I'm enjoying my hawks, but I'd probably avoid running them on anything less than 100 watts per channel. They are 6 ohms/88dB sensitive but are still much, much harder to drive than my previous Dynaudios. They...
  17. texlle

Sea Foam users?

When it comes to cars, what duct tape and wd40 won't fix, marvel mystery oil, seafoam, and berryman's b12 will. I've heard horror stories about lucas oil additive (though they say the transmission additives are worthwhile) so I stay away. I felt I've never really needed to add protection beyond...
  18. texlle

Sea Foam users?

^^Sure, before it completely erodes your paint. I've been using seafoam for years with great success. I typically see a small increase in fuel economy and throttle response. Smoother idle, too.
  19. texlle

Pure i20 iPhone and iPod Dock Opinions Please

I cannot comment on the Pure i20's DAC as I have only run coax out to my MuFi X-DAC v3 with impressive results. I know the internal DAC on the iphone 4 and 4S are very respectable- made either Wolfson or Crystal, I cannot remember at the moment. I was, however, under the impression that the...
  20. texlle

IKEA has discontinued the Expedit line?

Makes sense. I guess it's cheaper to ship something slightly heavier than dimensionally larger.
  21. texlle

Radioactive tires

Tires lighted by bulbs? Talk about impractical and for show purposes only. That must be expensive to repair everytime you hit a pothole. Sure looks neat, though. Cool site as well. I like the story about the son finding his father's Porsche 911 993 years later.
  22. texlle

Grado SR80

Bartram Park. If you're ever interested, myself, Dynamic73 (Mike), and another mutual friend of ours who is not registered on AK, gather regularly on weekends to compare new vinyl, system upgrades and such. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.
  23. texlle

Grado SR80

Mine started breaking in after around 25 hours, if even. Small transducers like those in any headphones have a much quicker break-in time than conventional speakers. After 100 hours, they should be fully broken-in. I noticed the treble became smoother, the mids fleshed out, and the bass fuller...
  24. texlle

How Is This For An Estate Sale?

Why must all good deals/ads be exactly 50 bazillion miles away from where I live?
  25. texlle

Collectible Classic

P1800's are always hot because good examples are so rare. Lots of cool cars on that list.
Back
Top Bottom