Search results

1. J

Looking for a Tube Amp to add to the solid states

Generaly Tube amp have 2 designs; PushPull and SET (Single Ended Triode). Pushpull (like amp on your list) has bigger output than SET. Push power tube use: EL34, KT88, 6550, KT66, KT120 which produce big bass,fast, almost like SS amp. For SET amp people like tube: 300B, 45 peoduce more "mellow"...
  2. J

Please recommend 0,22uf 630V caps, budget $25/pcs

I'm back to give my impression caps rolling in 300B SET amp Stage 1: Replaced existing signal caps (Siemen PIO) to Mundorf Silver Gold Oil. Burn in around 50 hours to have close to real sound of this caps. This caps open the sound, sound stage wider, transparant, very nice treble dan solid...
  3. J

Repairing/Upgrading Maverick TubeMagic D2 DAC

I'm thinking to replace those WIMA 2.2uF with PIO caps (Russian perhaps if any).
  4. J

Good sounding buds for iPhone?

It's depend what kind music you listen. I have Shure 215, RHA 750,Xiaomi Piston V2 (nice cheap buds), TDK200. I'm listening mostly jazz , sometime pop and R&B.My fav is TDK200, enjoyable for long hour listening. Cost around $150
  5. J

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Smooth Jazz (Radio streaming and Foobar): Jeffery Smith, Peter White DELL - eSabre DAC - Amp - Sennheiser HD600...:thmbsp: ~ron~
  6. J

I picked up a pair of Grado sr80s!

SR80 is 32Ohm cans,mostly laptop, DAP can drive this cans loudly. So, adding amp is not must. What I did when listening music from my DELL laptop, I add small DAC (AudioEngine D3 or HifimeDIY or Dragonfly). This DAC will improve SQ from your computer or DAP.You will amaze with sound from...
  7. J

my first DIY CROSSOVER for klipsch RF3?

The manufactur has designed the x-over and parts value and tested, therefore I prefer to change parts like capacitor with other (with similiar value) but different brand.You will find good/match caps by googling. This changes will impact to speaker sound, good/match caps will deliver well...
  8. J

My Cayin KT88 amp almost reach 10 years old, I think need some refreshing touch.I'm done with tube roll, so replace caps is one of many way to improve the sound. BadassBob, I also ordered Jensen copper foil paper tube (oil?) from partsconnexion. The plan is to install in my SET 300B amp...
  9. J

I bought 4 pcs Mundorf Supreme M-Cap $12 each from amplifiersurgery.com. Let's see and listen what the impact of this caps rolling.....wish me luck..:D ~ron~
  10. J

Last nite I think to buy Ampohms :scratch2: Good to hear that Clarity cap has better sound, so Ampohms will be out from my list. I consider produce : black background, good bass,midrange (thick male vocal)
  11. J

I'm planning to roll capacitor in my Cayin A70 (KT88) integrated amp. Please recommend me good (sound) capacitor to replace stock 0.22uf 630VDC, with budget under $25 each . I need 4 pieces . ~Ron~
  12. J

Need some advice on media servers and interfaces

For music try SqueezeBox Touch, add external good DAC to get best sound. You can connect to server/computer , wifi enable.
  13. J

List of DACs Under $450

Another budget DAC China made, with eSabre chip inside $89. You need to choose USB or SPDIF input, RCA and headphone output. It uses the CS8416 digital receiver and accepts up to 192k/24bit on all inputs. http://hifimediy.com/DACs/spdif-dac-110V
  14. J

The New Cans (DT770s)

I bought DT770 250 Ohm two month ago, i like the sound but need to add good amp for my iPod and Dell laptop. The 80 ohm version more easy to drive, on iPod touch gen 5th the 80 ohm singing loudly without amp. Usually I hear Grado SR60, so its fun hear DT770 250ohm sound..little bit laid back...
  15. J

Good sounding cheap Chinese tube amps?

Cayin I prefer Cayin, little bit costly but very good product. :thmbsp: http://www.cayinusa.com/product_list.asp?Category_1=26
  16. J

6L6 vs 5881 vs KT66

I have SET amp, replaced 6L6 by Gold Lion Re-Issue KT66. I'm happy now, GL RI KT66 produce nice mid, and good bass as well. Sound charateristic almost similiar for both tubes, but KT66 do better in my system.
  17. J

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

I just received MK3 with Shunguang EL34 and 6J8P hook to mains conditioner. No hum problem, silent...good news.Thanks Gary... After listening 2 hours, I tried to change mains cable because I hear not good sound of saxophone (not release). The improvement due to cable change is sound stage...
  18. J

Finally making the switch. What do you think will happen tomorrow?

EL34 or KT88? Any opinion rolling the 6L6 tube to EL34 or KT88? From their website said MP301 MK3 can pair with 6L6, EL34, KT88 as well ( auto bias).
Back
Top Bottom