Search results

1. S

My dream car......what's yours?

1973 satellite/ roadrunner nose is my favorite too!
  2. S

My Klipsch Belle inspired "clone" build w/pictures. In the house!

avguy,thank you for this.I have wanted Belles for years and now I have plans!!
  3. S

My Klipsch Belle inspired "clone" build w/pictures. In the house!

avguy ,beautiful speakers.Where can a person find plans for these?
  4. S

mx 117 dial lamp replace

Thanks c dk
  5. S

mx 117 dial lamp replace

Caddy,if that's as deep as I must go ,that is great.I will order them up.Thank you .
  6. S

mx 117 dial lamp replace

Thankyou for all replies.Yes ,the dial lamps.I do not have a picture .I have not taken it apart yet.Want to know what I am in for.Thanks again,Scott
  7. S

mx 117 dial lamp replace

Could anyone tell me about lamp replacement ?Will the glass need removal?Difficult?Pitfalls? Thanks,Scott
  8. S

Best 200w power amp for around $400?

Another vote for Acurus. A150 and M7si's here.Very nice since 1994.
  9. S

Rogue system complete!

Very nice,I can dig it!The System Audio speakers are it too. Heard them years ago at High Fidelity House in Shrewsbury Mass.Left a lasting impression on me. SA speakers and a Vincent integrated is my holy grail.
  10. S

Tone Controls?

I use the mid and treble on bright / harsh cds.Most of my listening is done with tone at flat and without use of the loudness control.But I do find Sonic Temple and Metalica Black grating at flat. There is no harm,no foul in using the tone,that's what they're for.
  11. S

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Heresys in an 13x15 room.Powered with Sansui 717 amp. My first serious system,1978. Mirage M7si.Same 13x15 room .Acurus A150 and L10 for power.Wonderful! Last is Usher Audio UA721 book shelf.11x17 room.Sansui Au717 power.Excellent sounding sealed speakers,good bass. No special order,all sound...
  12. S

Tears For Fears"...What's your take on this band?

Alobar thanks for this,I can dig it! Scott
  13. S

How to get audio from new cable box?

Thanks Don.What you described is what I planned on.Will get the cable and try.
  14. S

I looked at the back of tv and there is toslink audio out . I think that would work?Any toslink cable suggestions?
  15. S

thank you for replies. there is not an optical out only cable out .Will the cable out get me there somehow ,maybe an adapter?.
  16. S

Hi folks.Have a new box without rca outs like old box.Hdmi goes to to tv.Av receiver is old,no hdmi.Cable box back has coaxial cable out,usb and a square hole with a 3 blocks symbol above it.So how do I send audio to my receiver? Thanks, Scott
  17. S

Travlin' Lite or Heavy?

Audioengine A2.Ipod withFM and small Sony disc player for sources.Headphones/buds.Goes to the beach rental in Maine.Covers all bases for me.Sounds good too.Fits in a small box. Scott.
  18. S

Finally got my system looking irganized

Nice setup,Fred.Those Madisound speaker kits always intrigue me.How are they sounding and do you have any speakers you have compared them to?Thanks,Scott.
  19. S

Speakers in the wild: What have you come across?edit: can be the ‘wilds’ of your own collection.

In Middlebury vt.,in about 1976 ,the Fire&Ice pub had Heresys hanging from the ceiling.The barkeep said they replaced Belles that were up there that the owner took home.He said they really cranked those Belles after hours. I believe Fire and Ice is still there,I wonder if the Heresys are?
  20. S

What Vintage Speakers Would You Buy If Money Were No Object?

Always wanted to give Belles a go.Beautiful speakers.With a sub of course.
  21. S

Onkyo A-9555

I paid $384.00 shipped about 4-5 years ago for black.Really wanted silver but not in stock,so.They are nice amps.I'd go that if lightly used with box ,papers ,remote and all. Scott
  22. S

Balance control, why?

I have had balance controls on all my systems save one.My only use of balance has been like others here,to check if 2 speakers were functioning.The piece without is an Onkyo a9555 integrated .Scott
  23. S

Your FIVE Favorites?

4-2-7,'66 &'67 fairlanes do it for me.Now the five: Stereos , Seafood, Rifles , '78 F150 and Abby, my dog. Honorable mention: Rolling Rock. Scott
Back
Top Bottom