Search results

1. sunvalleylaw

Amazon is prepping a high-fidelity TIDAL competitor

I am still in Tidal world. And have HQ spotify through a family membership too. I have Tidal in my car, and like that I have all my playlists and saved albums and such in my interface when I log in. Never did get into the Amazon thing much beyond a trial I did once. though we do have...
  2. sunvalleylaw

Dahlquist history

I still love my DQM-5's, that I have had since the mid 80's. I will not say they are better than my box style 3 way Dahlquists (DQM-9 and M907), but they are very good, and an interesting way to mix things up with their two way approach as compared to the three drivers in the larger speakers.
  3. sunvalleylaw

Dahlquist DQM-907 vs. DQM-9

So needing to re-foam the DQM-9’s, and am wondering about the caps. Will need to get in there and look. As I said before, the tweeters were rebuilt a few years ago. But not sure about caps/crossovers. I understand from other threads the good sealed film caps do not necessarily need to be...
  4. sunvalleylaw

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Hey there, Boise!
  5. sunvalleylaw

Hey, been away from this place. Dipping my toe back in. Listening to this lady tonight. Coming to Boise in a few months, and I have tix.
  6. sunvalleylaw

Hafler DH 110 Issue and Questions

Watching. I have a DH-110 previously modded a long time ago by Musical Concepts and John, that I found cheap, used for a bit and sounded great, and now it has a hum. So thinking I will go through it and update caps and make sure all grounds are in good shape, etc.
  7. sunvalleylaw

Turn On Hafler Amp After Sitting for 3 Years?

Thanks for this thread. I am researching and learning to start going through my P225 which I have loved, and want to refresh, a bit at a time, and possibly mod with boards also at some point. Just marking the thread for reference. Will also go look for your (@milanomike ) DH500 thread as I...
  8. sunvalleylaw

Hafler DH-220, my latest project, help appreciated!

Hopping in here with my project(s) as well. My current goal is to learn to go through my P225, my first “good” separate that I was using when I started getting back into audio in about 2017-18, and started hanging out here more, as it started popping speaker fuses. Now it is on injured reserve...
  9. sunvalleylaw

Mission Owners’ Thread

Tagging this thread as I just snagged 4 Mission 70’s that i pick up in a couple days for ten bucks each. 40 for 4! Presuming they work and are in decent shape as advertised. The guy sounds legit, local in our small valley and selling them for a widow who downsized out of her and her husband’s...
  10. sunvalleylaw

Hafler Cordell/Savas DH-220C kit

Would the different output stage pcb(ops) as the P230 and DH-500 work for the XL-280? I also have one of those. Also, am very interested in pre-populated and/or built pieces, as that would be closer to what I could handle. Are those in the works?
  11. sunvalleylaw

Here is the second installation article/instructions/run through. https://audioxpress.com/article/you-can-diy-the-dh-220c-mosfet-power-amplifier-part-2-construction-and-testing-instructions
  12. sunvalleylaw

Anyone install or use on yet? A couple articles came out in AudioXPress last summer, and it appears they are selling kits at least for the 220C, and have designs and mods for other units. I am considering it for my P225. Here is a link to the first article. The second talks about...
  13. sunvalleylaw

Old Musical Concepts Modded Hafler DH-110 with issue

The P-225. It has a stout "pig-tail" cord. The XL-280. It has just a standard cord. Not sure if either was modded, though there is some thought the P-225 had some work done. Not Musical Concepts, but at least the Pig-tail three prong cord. The XL-280 was gone through by a tech, but I...
  14. sunvalleylaw

Cosmetically, the paint is tired on a few of the knobs and a few scratches here and there. Nothing I worry about too much. I like the old Hafler, slightly beat up Millennium Falcon look.
  15. sunvalleylaw

Could consider some jack upgrades. This all looks nice and clean in here. This connection is getting sketchy, or at least the insulation is, and perhaps this is the noise issue?
  16. sunvalleylaw

Not sure what the sharpie markings are. Wonder if they are in John Hillig's handwriting? :)
  17. sunvalleylaw

I received this at a nice price and used it for a while, but then it started to develop a hum. I am wondering if there is a bad ground somewhere. Thinking of sending it back in to John, but also was thinking I could potentially just try to fix whatever is causing the noise. I would use this...
  18. sunvalleylaw

Dual/United Audio...heritage?

Ok. Does the 10 inch vs 12 inch platter or anything else in the large vs. smaller chassis make a significant difference in sound?
  19. sunvalleylaw

Any chance you might share a pic of your Dual built pyramid base? Curious. I am also wondering, and looking at vinyl engine, to see what bases fit which models. Particularly the 1219 and 1229. Just in case I need to mix and match to get a good looking, working set up. Thinking on this as a...
  20. sunvalleylaw

I am interested in adding a Dual as a another table to my stable of decks which now include my Kenwood KD-550, and Technics SL-1600, to add to the rotation. Currently, I am still using the Pickering carts we have discussed before. Part of the appeal is that upside down pyramid angled United...
  21. sunvalleylaw

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Continental. Such great playing. So much touch.
  22. sunvalleylaw

This cooks. So continental.
  23. sunvalleylaw

Source for Re-foam kits 11” Dahlquist DQM-9 Magnat woofer

OK, cool. Simply speakers it is!
Back
Top Bottom