Search results

1. roseskunk

Looking for a tube amp around 1K, 40 watts or so.

You won't get anything good new at that pricepoint. But you can get a restored Fisher or Dynaco...
  2. roseskunk

Which entry-level DSLR?

imo canon kicks everyone's butt. get the latest rebel and instead of the zoom that comes with the kit, get the 50mm 1.8 or 1.4.
  3. roseskunk

Just missed buying a boat by $1

you know what they say, a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw money into... but i'm like you, i like old stuff too. that's a sweet looking boat.
  4. roseskunk

Ultimate road toy...take your train on the road!

man i am so glad that i didn't see it first...
  5. roseskunk

Largest stock hi-fi console made?

good christ am i glad i don't collect those.
  6. roseskunk

Looking to get something tube, but where to start?

i started with (and, well, it's all i have tube-wise, so far...) a fisher 400. they're inexpensive but sound great. i got mine from a guy that restores them. about 35wpc which is plenty to power my dynacos. in my opinion, it's a combination that hard to beat. i've listened to music more often...
  7. roseskunk

Heresy II Signature Edition info needed

probably a lil' fisher 400 or dynaco st-70 would fit the bill nicely!
  8. roseskunk

dynaco st-70 by will vincent anyone?

hi guys- i've been on a-gon recently and have seen what looks to be really nicely done st-70's by will vincent. i don't know him nor much about dynacos, but i'm trying to learn. anyone have any experience with his amps? my only point of reference with tubes is my restored fisher 400. i just...
  9. roseskunk

shows how little i know... mac4100 and ar-3's

thanks! one set is all i need, and yeah, i'll search for ohm stuff. oooooohm...
  10. roseskunk

shows how little i know... mac4100 and ar-3's

higuys- can i hook my ar-3's to my mac4100 even though the 3's are 4ohm and there's no speaker output for 4ohm? will the receiver run hotter? what the heck does it mean that they're 4 ohm? thanks...i don't get this whole "electricity thing"... :scratch2:
  11. roseskunk

McIntosh Receiver

sometimes there's value in simplicity and elegance. (he says, writing from the library, a room with a thousand books and six amplifiers...) the mac4100 is nothing to sneeze at, with efficient speakers it'll fill a room with sound. and until i got my fisher 400 my 4100 was the best sounding...
  12. roseskunk

New Upgrade Path "aka" Weakest Link

my speakers sound great but they just don't move enough air. maybe i just need a fan... i'm really putting time into my music collection, and have more than 5000 cd's at this point. i've always wanted a huge library of books and music, and i think i'm finally getting there...
  13. roseskunk

am i harming my ma-6900?

:music: what?! what?? yeah, my girlfriend would suggest the hearing aids...
  14. roseskunk

am i harming my ma-6900?

hi guys- i got my ma-6900 hooked up in my living room. :yes: it's powering two nsm monitors and i also have a powered sub (100watts) hooked up as well. the nsm's are wonderful sounding little speakers, but are horribly inefficient- 82.5 db. :no: the amp is peaking at 20 watts (from watching the...
  15. roseskunk

What Are The Odds? Dynaco A25

those are some nice speakers too!
  16. roseskunk

McIntosh Receiver

get the mac4100. it sounds great, probably the best receiver that mc made. equalizer, great tuner. no complaints. got mine used for $500.00. can't beat it, imo.
  17. roseskunk

Went to the drug store And got quite a shock

i bought a canon 1DS mark2 when they first came out. haven't picked up any of my hasselblads since. don't miss it at all, though i do love the old cameras...
  18. roseskunk

McIntosh Glass Record!

god knows if i bought it, it would be broken in shipping.
  19. roseskunk

Importance Of CD Source In HIFI

i rip every cd (5000 and counting) to a hard drive and use a benchmark DAC. the sound is better than cd quality and all my cd's are stored out of the house. you can't beat convenience and better sound...
  20. roseskunk

A house literally FULL of electronics

man, i gotta sell some shit. that looks a hell of a lot like my place...
  21. roseskunk

Which would you give up first; Radio or TeeVee?

i got rid of my tv years ago, best move i ever made. it may be time to get rid of the computer next as i spend way too much time on it as well. i do get netflix and often when i'm on the computer i'll have a movie playing on a small side screen. i also watch some shows on the computer, but...
  22. roseskunk

A round of applause for DeWick!

terry is the best. a true treasure! :banana::banana::banana:
  23. roseskunk

Bookshelf speakers: total confusion!

the other thing to consider (or rather another) is what kind of music do you listen to, how loud do you play it, how big is your room- is it carpeted, have glass windows, brick walls- and how far from your speakers are you? any salesman that says they have the perfect speakers for you without...
  24. roseskunk

Bookshelf speakers: total confusion!

you'll go crazy trying to find the perfect speaker, and in my opinion it's nearly pointless to listen to speakers in a store- for all the reasons that you mentioned- that and of course their never going to tell you that the perfect speaker is at another store... i bought a pair of small NSM...
Back
Top Bottom