Search results

1. Dr. Morbius

Schiit Fans ?

Just bought a Schiit Modi 2 Uber for just under $60 shipped. :thumbsup: A friend of mine has one and I tried it out. It doesn't have the clicking relays like my Bifrost. :thumbsup:
  2. Dr. Morbius

Marantz CD6006 Skipping. Please help.

I replaced the laser assembly with one I bought on ebay and it's no longer skipping. All is well and there is World peace now.
  3. Dr. Morbius

Affordable Belts for Denon DVD-2900

I managed to get the Denon DVD-2900 up and running today using generic belts purchased through Amazon. Tested it several times and it's flawless. :banana::banana::banana: Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a DVD-2800 that has a slight tray issue and it won't read CDs at all. Neither burned...
  4. Dr. Morbius

Schiit Fans ?

Yes I usually use the optical Toslink. I'll try the coax. Thank you!
  5. Dr. Morbius

Schiit Fans ?

Sony DVP-S7000 Marantz CD6006 Onkyo C7030 All cause the relays to click.
  6. Dr. Morbius

Schiit Fans ?

Would that upgrade stop the relays from clicking?
  7. Dr. Morbius

Schiit Fans ?

I have an older Bifrost with an Uber upgrade. I have stopped using it in my main system as the relays click quite a bit and I find that annoying. It's now serving duty connected to an old computer via optical in a back bedroom that doesn't get used much. For a number of years it spent time...
  8. Dr. Morbius

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:
  9. Dr. Morbius

Thank you, Blue Shadow. :thumbsup: I've taken the front panel off of the unit and looked at the pulleys and belt to make double sure it is the belt that is causing the trouble. It is. The little wheel spun like crazy, but because the belt was slipping, the larger wheel didn't spin at all. The...
  10. Dr. Morbius

Thank you for the link. I'll remove the belt and measure it in the next couple of days.
  11. Dr. Morbius

I'm not 100% sure, but from everything I've seen on the web about the DVD-2900 not opening properly, it's been linked to a belt. That's what I plan to do first to see if I can DIY repair this thing. I may be a misalignment of the mechanism and I'll check that also. But most suggestions seem to...
  12. Dr. Morbius

Not that I'm aware of, but it may be a "square" belt.
  13. Dr. Morbius

Thank you.
  14. Dr. Morbius

I have an older DVD-2900 that works flawlessly except the tray doesn't want to open. I have to pry it open with a small screwdriver or box cutter blade. Once the tray starts to open, it's fine and opens the rest of the way on its own. It also closes fine on its own. Any recommendations for an...
  15. Dr. Morbius

I bought a used Marantz CD6006 a few weeks back. The player looks absolutely mint and the seller claims he hadn't used it much. For the first two weeks it worked flawlessly. However, it started skipping about a week ago. I opened it up to clean the laser lens and am VERY impressed with how well...
  16. Dr. Morbius

Re purpose that dead cassette deck!

That's a pretty slick idea! :thumbsup:
  17. Dr. Morbius

Your last record/album

I purchased my last album in 1981 or '82. I believe it was Sammy Hagar's Standing Hampton.
  18. Dr. Morbius

OK, What's The Wierdest Thing You Found...

I'm not really allowed to discuss it because of an NDA :deal:, but let's just say it may involve memory metal from around mid-1947.
  19. Dr. Morbius

Pro amps crown??

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a man of good taste. :thumbsup:
  20. Dr. Morbius

Pro amps crown??

Only by the snobbish. I've been running Crown XLS Drivecore amps for a while now. Whisper quiet, clean, plenty of power, built-in high or low pass and a great value. What's not to like?
  21. Dr. Morbius

If I die, what happens to my gear?

Yep. That's exactly what my brother and I did with my mom's stuff when she died. We didn't want or need anything she valued and neither did the auction house.
  22. Dr. Morbius

Do you change your listening chair depending on the music?

I like the picture in the first post. That's exactly what I think of classic rock ... retirement home music. :D No, I don't change my listening chair depending on what type of music I listen to. I change my listening chair depending on which room I'm in as 3 rooms in my house (and the garage)...
  23. Dr. Morbius

I'm retiring today -- what song would you play as you walk out the door?

I assume someone has already mentioned Take This Job And Shove It? :D
  24. Dr. Morbius

Best-Looking Knobs

I'm partial to these knobs. :D
  25. Dr. Morbius

DO YOU USE EAR PLUGS AT ROCK CONCERTS?

I've never used them, but wish I would have. Why? Tinnitus. I've been to see local bands that were much louder than big rock concerts due to them being in a smaller venue.
Back
Top Bottom