Search results

1. T

Songs About Dogs

Thought I would revive this thread with a couple of my favorite dog-related songs: Block Dog - David Wilcox Block Dog - YouTube Like My Dog - Billy Carrington Like My Dog - YouTube
  2. T

Anyone using a High Def TV as a computer monitor?

Well, I guess there isn't much interest around here in 43" monitors, but since I took the plunge and bought a 43" 4K TV to give it a try, thought I would at least post some of my impressions. I ended up buying a LG 43UN7300AUD 4K TV from Costco ($309). Used my new Costco credit card (Citi...
  3. T

Anyone using a High Def TV as a computer monitor?

I've been considering buying a 40" or maybe 43" TV to use as a computer monitor, but am not sure how well it would work for use as a main computer monitor for work-from-home 8 hours/day. Does anyone have first-hand experience doing this? I see that the price of a 43" 4K high-resolution TV at...
  4. T

Any recommendations for BBQ Grill Covers? (that can take full sun)

As the original poster, I'm happy to report that my grill cover from National Patio Covers has survived it's first Phoenix summer. And what a summer it was! We set new records for most days over 100F (145) and most days over 110F (53, shattering the old record of 33). The cover started to fade...
  5. T

What were your first set of headphones, and let's hear the story behind them.

My first set of headphones were by Murata (Korean) and were purchased sometime in the late 60's. I still have them, and they still sound OK after all these years. The reason I got them was to play drums along with the new stereo system my mom finally agreed to buy for me. Prior to that, my...
  6. T

Our dog has enlarged spleen - surgery in a few days

Update: Cubbie had surgery last Monday and is so far doing great, but we're not out of the woods yet. The surgeon reported seeing several masses on his spleen, which may or may not be cancer. They also took out a small piece of his liver for biopsy, as it's common for cancer to find it's way...
  7. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Found my favorite pic of Rocky as a puppy (about 10 weeks old). I love how he has the same pose as the stuffed toy! LOL
  8. T

Our dog has enlarged spleen - surgery in a few days

We found out yesterday that our little buddy (Cubbie) has an enlarged spleen. He wasn't eating much and had lost weight over the last few weeks (went from 12lbs to 10lbs), so we took him to the vet. Turned out his spleen was about 3X normal size. Vet suspected lymphoma, but small sample taken...
  9. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Here's Rocky (front) and Cubbie (my wife's a Cubs fan). Rocky is 15 years old, Cubbie is 8. I'll have to dig up pics of them as puppies … their coloring was quite a bit different.
  10. T

FM Stereo Alignment

This thread may be helpul: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/what-equipment-do-i-need-to-align-fm-tuners.594158/
  11. T

Roadside America (or elsewhere)

And my favorite David Wilcox song always comes to mind whenever I think of roadside Americana ...
  12. T

Roadside America (or elsewhere)

Thanks to the Eagles ... Don't know where this is from, but mmmmm … I'm getting hungry :)
  13. T

Three Dog Night

I was looking through a pile of CD's the other day that I had collected from various thrift stores when I came across a TDN greatest hits CD and thought I would give it spin. Forgot how many good songs they had. :-) Funny story … I went to Laughlin Nevada ("little Vegas") one weekend with my...
  14. T

Drummers ... your favorite "easy, but fun" songs to play?

I didn't mean to imply that it was easy to duplicate the efforts of professional drummers, but many songs are easy enough to play along with that even a beginning-intermediate drummer can sound pretty good. For me, the main thing was having fun playing. (BTW, I've only ever played "for fun")...
  15. T

I first learned to play (by ear) by playing along with songs from 60's. Most have a pretty straightforward drum track (i.e., nothing too fancy), so it was a good way to learn.. As I progressed, I started to get a feel for the way different drummers played, and later on attempted to play more...
  16. T

Even though I don't actually play the drums anymore, I was listening to some classic rock the last few days and got to thinking about how some songs are just fun to play the drums to, even though they aren't very difficult to play. Thought it might be "fun" to see what other drummers consider...
  17. T

Since I said I would report back after I received my new grill covers, here goes: Material is pretty lightweight. Doubtful it will hold up to very much mechanical stress, but we shall see. It is not completely waterproof. We had 3/4" of rain last night, and though it didn't leak per se, I...
  18. T

We lost our dog this week.

Sorry to hear about Ginger. Had to go through the same thing a few years ago with my first "best buddy"… it was difficult. I tell my two "boys" all the time that that they're the "best dogs in the whole wide world" even if they don't always deserve it, cause you just never know how long...
  19. T

Well, I finally got around to buying a new grill cover. Actually, I bought three! I found a company (National Patio Covers) that seems to make decent products and they had a closeout on a couple grill covers that just happened to be the size I needed. Got 3 of them for $40, plus free shipping...
  20. T

These would make cool desk top speakers

I kinda got started in this whole vintage audio stuff because of a goofy idea I had to gut a Reel to Reel machine and make a computer case out of it! I was going to take the motherboard etc out of my old computer and stuff it in somehow. Complete with a pop out floppy drive. So, I say have...
  21. T

I. Neil Peart of Rush passes Away at 67

Only the good, or in this case, phenomenal, die young. What a bummer. Even though i wasn't a huge Rush fan, he was my drumming idol. A true musician on the drums. RIP. :-(
  22. T

Santa brought me AKG K240Studio (but getting mixed results)

I'm happy to report that the K240Studios are now sounding better to me. :thumbsup: Can't help but wonder if they just needed a little break-in time. The mid-bass boominess is gone, and they are sounding clearer as well, with the mids not sounding as recessed as before. After some back and...
  23. T

Thanks Oerets. I'll try 'em on one of my other receivers and see if they sound better. Maybe my SX-780 needs some refurbishing. (I think it's pretty close to original). Did you also find that the sound was somewhat woolly when connected to smaller battery powered device? I did like the sound...
  24. T

So, I got the pair of AKG K240Studio that I asked Santa for this year, but am not yet sure what to think of them. I seem to be getting mixed results depending on what equipment I'm using to drive them. Was hoping to get some advice/feedback to help me decide if these were a good choice for my...
Back
Top Bottom