Search results

1. avionic

Hafler DH500 burnt components

That charring is due to a bad solder connection on the collector connection of that transistor socket.
  2. avionic

Yamaha C-70 - Help to fix some issues

I work on C-4's and C-70's the most.. Recommend you think about the SW503 Upgraded switch. :thumbsup: SW503 quite frequently fouls a slide switch contact. Resulting in channel drop outs when switching from TONE OFF/ON. It is a solenoid operated slide switch. With 8 tiny slides. To do it...
  3. avionic

CR-2020, Main Circuit Board reading: Meaningless or a clue?

-2.7mv is a better number than + 7mv ... It's a lot closer to zero than 7mv is. Ideal voltage on the ( O ) output is zero volts.
  4. avionic

Greetings From Vancouver Canada

Welcome aboard.. Sorry for your loss..
  5. avionic

Using 6 Ω speakers in bridged mode the M-4 amplifiers will see a 3 Ω load. So.... If the speakers drop to a 4Ω load. The amplifiers will see a 2Ω load. Flirting with disaster.. I would be finding some 8 Ω speakers..
  6. avionic

Yamaha HP-1find

https://akdatabase.com/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Yamaha%20HP-1%20Service%20Manual.pdf HFE or Elektrotanya may have a owners manual posted.
  7. avionic

Happy Birthday similost!

Happy Birthday Simi..
  8. avionic

Yamaha CR820 recap blown transistor?

Not necessarily a bad thing. Those are 2 watt resistors for a reason.
  9. avionic

What is your location ?
  10. avionic

RY504 ----> small yellowish /orange relay.. Or a bad solder connection on the same relay and/or the RCA jack for the inverted output. When I refurb these pieces . I replace all eight of these HB2E relays with new pieces. Try tapping on that relay ( RY504 ) to see it the missing channel...
  11. avionic

Voltage regulator circuit for the MM phono pre-amp.
  12. avionic

Recommend you get a good H-Q service manual. They don't get any better than this.. This is the manual I'm using.. https://www.analogalley.com/osccart/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=55&products_id=2657&osCsid=87904abb7deb479f8022263fc89039d7 The free scans online all suck really bad.
  13. avionic

I replace all the parts with corroded leads -- to include jumper wires , resistors ,capacitors , diodes etc.
  14. avionic

D127 zener diode HZ 27 same as the zener diode right beside it D126 .8 Watt 27v zener diode https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/onsemi-Fairchild/1N4750A-T50A?qs=0lQeLiL1qyZTeSFGUVFlrA%3D%3D
  15. avionic

Soften up the stubborn bits with either isopropyl or acetone on a Q-tip.
  16. avionic

I use and narrow exacto - chisel blade to chip off the bulk of it.
  17. avionic

CA 2010 service

Have fun.... :biggrin:
  18. avionic

Thoroughly remove the glue and inspect the leads to the components that were in direct contact with the glue for oxidation/corrosion.
  19. avionic

As Nashou said.. That is old glue holding that braided nylon sleeve around transistors. The glue has possibly corroded the transistor leads..
  20. avionic

Non-Conductive Board for Binding posts and Speaker Terminals? Delrin??

I used a milling machine. :thumbsup:
  21. avionic

You will find Delrin difficult when trying to cinch down the binding posts. Especially with the cheap Chinese posts.
  22. avionic

I use it for Yamaha binding posts. Machines nice and clean. :thumbsup:
  23. avionic

McMaster - carr------> garolite ( a black type of phenolic )
  24. avionic

Hi from Guatemala

Welcome aboard Alejandro
  25. avionic

FM Antenna with CR440

Welcome aboard. For FM most likely yes and external antenna is required... For AM depending on distance away from AM station . And AM loop antenna. Something like this...
Back
Top Bottom