Search results

1. Ths364

Rec-O-kut Rondine 2questions

I'd check with Esoteric sound. If you have the old belt, measure the length and ideally the width and thickness.
  2. Ths364

Happy Birthday to Punker X

Happy birthday, PunkerX!
  3. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Shanty towns in Michigan were still in use in the eighth decade of the century previous.
  4. Ths364

Need suggestion for jig saw that makes plumb scroll cuts

Router and template is a much cleaner way to go. Even the best jigsaws are not going to cut square to the face if the blade is dull, inappropriate for the material (not-enough/too many teeth) or under heavy feed pressure. If you can be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish...
  5. Ths364

Grooveshark Facing a $736M Hammer

A) Broadcast radio stations PAY royalties to ASCAP and BMI. Musicians sign with these companies granting them license to accept and calculate payment. This is how musicians get paid (or used to...). As far as the "let them make money touring" argument I find it humorous that nobody suggests that...
  6. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Sleeps like a baby.
  7. Ths364

What affects damping factor?

From Wikipedia: In an audio system, the damping factor gives the ratio of the rated impedance of the loudspeaker to the source impedance. Only the resistive part of the loudspeaker impedance is used. The amplifier output impedance is also assumed to be totally resistive. The source impedance...
  8. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Rested a bit, then right back at it.
  9. Ths364

Sx-1010 information

Here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=512847 Post #9 (Larry Derouin) is a good place to start. Rebuild power supply board and get rid of the 725,726 and 2SC1451 transistors. Good modern subs are available.
  10. Ths364

New lights killed my work radio

That's messed up. If you're in SE MI, downriver there are (or used to be) several transmitters right downtown in Detroit (I seem to remember working on one in the top of the Fisher building)... You should have screaming hot signal for miles.
  11. Ths364

Fisher 800C?

If it's all hooked up, it might be working. If that showed up around here, I would be on my way there already.
  12. Ths364

Marantz 4 Stereo Integrated Amplifiers.

Marantz does seem to have found something akin the their "house sound" of late. I agree that these are decent sounding modern gear. My experience seems to be that higher powered amplifiers seem to retain the ability to produce audible low frequency material at low volume settings better than...
  13. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Ward Bond played Beaver Cleaver's father on the tube.
  14. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Tinnitus seems also to increase with elevated blood pressure.
  15. Ths364

How to remove volume knob?

If it's Sansui, it'll be metric. Perhaps 1 or 1.5mm?
  16. Ths364

This is the Birthday of mulester7!

Happy birthday!
  17. Ths364

Do people actually pay these prices??

Attrition will raise the price of anything desirable. Lots of good gear has been damaged by imbeciles attempting to ship things they know nothing about, so the price of the remaining pieces goes up. That said, I do try whenever possible to get stuff into caring hands.
  18. Ths364

Happy Birthday to jblmar

Happy birthday jblmar!
  19. Ths364

Happy Birthday to Nosirrah

Happy birthday from me!
  20. Ths364

Happy Birthday to kcollins4

Happy birthday!
  21. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Milestones over millstones!
  22. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

Quality over quantity, but in OG's case, we get both! { DNU- Congratulations! DNU}
  23. Ths364

You Get The Last Word!

One may piss-off the regulars by such carrying-on, but we shall, as the show must!
  24. Ths364

Happy Birthday to Dewickt

Happy birthday, Terry! Be well!
  25. Ths364

Talk me out of the Marantz SLT12u

I have an SLT-12u and when I had it set up it sounded extremely good. It can be finicky, so perhaps not ideal for impatient or less than technically inclined users. I would steer well clear of the aforementioned B&O tables- plastic/nylon gears and service manual is intractable (imo). No one...
Back
Top Bottom