Search results

1. O

What camera(s) do you own?

Wow. Well, I don't totally disagree with you here. I am talking about drum scanned images and those made through an enlarger. I have friends who are pros, journalists, who use digital on the job, but prefer not to in their personal work. I'm sure some of that is the lack of desire to change, but...
  2. O

True enough, sorry for the hijack. But, thanks for the info systemerror, good stuff. Hopefully everyone can make good use of it. Back to the camera's at this point, I suppose.
  3. O

Well, we can agree to disagree, to an extent. I've seen very large images from the high end Canon digital, it yes, they look really good. But, you can easily tell they are digial images. Same effect you'd get scanning a transparency on a crappy scanner, or at too low of a resolution. For the...
  4. O

Those are nice, some early morning trekking. What lens are you using? I had the 17-35 / 2.8, which was an amaing lens, but just too much to carry around. Ended up going with primes and I'm really happy with those. I guess I'm just not enamored with zooms.
  5. O

Nice! How do you like the D200? I've got the D70s and I think it'll be a while before I upgrade. I picked up an F3 to shoot slides with and play with black and white. Anyway, would love to hear how you like it. Anything to compare it to? Thanks.
  6. O

Mike You're correct that digital is still growing and in it's infancy. And yes, Hasselblad just released a 22 megapixel camera. Why film? I'd bet that body is at least $25 grand. (I'm guessing, but know a high-end back alone is around $20 grand) Many pros have changed to digital, but not...
  7. O

Thorens / Shure / Grado Query

Thanks...it should be correct according to the information I have and the protractor and scale. But, that's a good thought, I should check it all again.
  8. O

Thorens / Shure / Grado Query

It's been quite a while since I've posted here. Been visiting from time to time, but things have been fairly quiet in my end of the world, as I've been too busy to do much with audio, just listen here and there. Anyway, last night I was listening to some Jack Johnson, (male acoustic with some...
  9. O

Is the Pioneer PL-12D audiophile?

This is an older thread, you may want to post a new one to get more feedback. Oh, and welcome to AK!!
  10. O

Thanks! I'll take a look next time I'm up there. Cheers!
  11. O

My mom has an old Canonet rangefinder that I've been trying to work out of her hands. She never uses it and I think it's a really cool old camera. Something I'd love to play around with. Some day soon. If you're into medium format, I've noticed the Mimaya C330 Pro going to dirt cheap on the...
  12. O

My first speaker project finished

very nice!! amazing for a first speaker project.
  13. O

Well, I made the switch to a digital SLR. I'm working on selling off my Leica stuff, etc. Went with the updated Nikon D70s with a 60mm 2.8/macro and the mighty 17-35 2.8. Not sure I'm going to keep the zoom, as it's a bit of a beast. May get a series of primes to replace it. Just getting to...
  14. O

Oh Oh,here we go again!I've just purchased Altec 604Cs.

jealous... would love to be able to get ahold of some of those, but right now, $$ is the issue.
  15. O

My new DIY passive pre - BlueBeam

just gorgeous, wonderful job. so simple, i'll be it sounds wonderful. i'm also impressed you got the bearing isolators to work so well. i tried them under something but had a HELL of a time getting them lined up properly.
  16. O

Info on Altec Model 3??

I pulled one of the woofers and it does look like a replacement. A simple stamped frame, magnet is of a decent size actually. I'll have to give them a listen when I can. The cabinet is nice and beefy, well put together. I'll keep you posted...
  17. O

Info on Altec Model 3??

Thanks much! I really appreciate it. Now I have to wonder if the woofers are original or not, as they are black instead of, what appears here, white. Looks like I may have to pull them and see what's in there.
  18. O

Info on Altec Model 3??

Thanks bolly. Did some measuring, looks like a 10" woofer actually. I'll post some quick picts a little later as I have time.
  19. O

Info on Altec Model 3??

Been a while since I've been here, really busy the past month or so. Anyway, stopped by a thrift today as I had about 10 minutes to spare. I've never scored in a thrift, so I was pretty thrilled when I spotted a pair of Altec Model Threes in decent shape. Not too beat up, but they're used. Still...
  20. O

That's a good looker! I don't have any of the additional bits, but the camera works well.
  21. O

Very nice collection! I've always wanted an M system. I have (had) and R system, but I've always felt the M system was the pinnacle. I have decided to sell my R system to move more heavily into digital. I still feel film is king, but digital is the way right now and will fit my needs quite...
  22. O

Me soooo horny

I think you hit all the points pretty well. For interesting rear loaded horns, check out speakers built with Lowther and Fostex drivers. While speakers that do load the front of a driver and the rear are, in theoretical terms, the way to go, they're pretty rare. What this does is effectively...
  23. O

My Sonic T modded amp

Here's a link that's interesting. I've exchanged some emails with this guy, he seems have done some experimenting with these, has a pretty cool chassis for sale... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ampbox/page2.html
  24. O

fuji(screw)to nikon(bayonet)adapter

Check here... http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm I've also seen a few adapters on eBay from time to time. Good luck.
  25. O

New guy and the "B" word

Welcome! Good luck with your quest...
Back
Top Bottom