Search results

1. Grooverider

Solutions for dust free stereo, vinyl setup

The dog is not allowed in the room I use as my workspace, but I would prefer to have my main stereo setup in the living room. Thanks.
  2. Grooverider

Thanks for the reply. I do own an old Discwasher brush, and my cleaning fluid is running low. I'll look for some of the Pfan-Stat fluid and give that a try. All my records are in plastic sleeves, so it's mainly the idea of dust getting onto the tops of the rows of records on my open shelves that...
  3. Grooverider

Never heard of this before. Interesting concept, but if I found something I liked that was sealed enough for this to work, I would probably be ok without the fans. I forgot to mention that I'm not a big fan of glass front stereo racks, but only because the ones that I've seen didn't appeal to...
  4. Grooverider

Help me out AK'ers. I moved in with my SO and her dog. Nice dog, Australian cattle dog mix. Apparently these dogs have two coats of fur, an outside coat and a undercoat. This dog sheds fur constantly. He also has a routine of rolling around in the dirt every time he's in the yard. I vacuum the...
  5. Grooverider

Sony walkmans - mid 90's versions

My favorite that I had in high school was the Sony Walkman WM-EX808. Barely bigger than the size of a cassette due to the fact that it uses a gumstick rechargeable battery and has no extruding control buttons. I remember being amazed at the sensitivity of the buttons. That metal plate with the...
  6. Grooverider

Nakamichi MR-1 stuck transport?

I got the cassette deck back into STOP mode by applying a small amount of force to the cam while the deck was powered on. It sounds like the motor needs to be replaced or rebuilt, I'm reading up on the latter now. So far I have found a thread in the DIY section about rebuilding Pioneer reel...
  7. Grooverider

Nakamichi MR-1 stuck transport?

I have a MR-1 with issues. The transport seems to be stuck and there is a cassette in the deck that will not eject. When powered on, the PLAY and PAUSE buttons blink back and forth. Since the cassette is stuck, I cannot remove the cassette well door and the transport. If the control motor has...
  8. Grooverider

Some tips if you are servicing a Yamaha M80-85

amr2, thank you for this detailed post. Do you know of any similar specifics related to the M-45?
  9. Grooverider

Time to make my CR-2020 look a but more nicer

in the link posted he says Beautiful work. I could stare at that receiver for days.
  10. Grooverider

Has anyone hung a 100 cassette shelf on a wall?

Six of them! That's quite a collection you have. Care to share a picture of them on your wall? Did you stack them or place them all side by side?
  11. Grooverider

Thanks for the suggestions! :thmbsp: I should have mentioned that I already removed the particle board and tacks and re-installed with wood glue. Cabinetry is not one of my strong skills, but with your advice I think I can figure it out now. Thanks a lot!
  12. Grooverider

I want to hang my napa valley 100 cassette shelfs on my wall. There are two holes in the thin particle wood backing, but I don't think that will support the weight. How should I go about it?
  13. Grooverider

Restoring/Rebuilding/Repairing a NAD 7240PE Reciever

Subscribed! I have one of these units that I would like to donate to a friend in need. The problem is that I smoked it by shorting something with my meter leads while attempting to adjust the bias(probably Q427 next to R471). Anyway, looking forward to your updates and progress on the...
  14. Grooverider

Kenwood KA-60 Integrated

If you're willing to ship, I know someone who can put it to good use. :D
  15. Grooverider

Picked up a Nakamichi BX-150

In that order, Normal, Chrome and Metal bias. Pre-recorded tapes are usually normal 120us unless marked otherwise.
  16. Grooverider

My first Kenwood

That's a beautiful receiver that looks really good in a dim lit room. It's the military version of the KR-10000 II, 80 wpc. We seem to have similar tastes, I also have one of these that I picked up from another AKer.
  17. Grooverider

Can you identify this Technics receiver?

No wonder I couldn't find a picture of it on HFE, they don't list the 600.
  18. Grooverider

Can you identify this Technics receiver?

It looks like the SA-500, but the lights under the dial are a bit different. Multiple lights instead of just one FM Stereo indicator. :scratch2: A local seller is offering it to me for $20. Says that it works and all the lamps work as well. I will probably pick it up expecting it to have...
  19. Grooverider

Sansui AU-555a + TU-666

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag3nqAZB7Pr_dHBJdlBKSkZxRzB4SncxeUlrNV9oaGc&usp=sharing If that link doesn't work, let me know. I think I set it up to be a public document. Of course, you will want to verify my work with your unit but it should be correct.
  20. Grooverider

Smallest low-wpc vintage receivers

I know they are not vintage, but the Tivoli Audio units are small and have a nice vintage look based on the old KLH radios. Not sure about Wifi, but I know they make a bluetooth version. Very nice tuners as well.
  21. Grooverider

Sansui AU-555a + TU-666

I feel the same way about the AU-555a. It was my first little integrated that I brought back to life. If you ever decide you want to recap the unit, let me know. I have a parts list from Mouser saved for all the caps and for the resistors on the eq board.
  22. Grooverider

Speaker Cable?

Sounds like a nice first vintage system. There is a sticky in the DIY section on how to build your own speaker cables using the wire everyone is mentioning here.
  23. Grooverider

BX-150 idler tire replacement

Yes, you can replace the idler tire without having to disassemble the deck. Are you using these instructions? http://www.eslabs.com/idler.htm The nail clipper technique works because you can get both sides of the clippers under the washer and pull up. It takes a steady hand and can be...
  24. Grooverider

Any of you guys use loudness at low volumes?

I prefer to listen with the tone controls at zero and no loudness or filters on. That being said, I do use the loudness switch on my little Kenwood integrated when listening at low volumes.
Back
Top Bottom