Search results

1. DogsPart2

DAC - Balanced and RCA outs - running simultaneoulsy

I recently elected to add a stand alone headphone amp to my system. At present my DAC fixed Balanced outs are connected to my integrated. I plan to run the fixed RCA outs to my headphone amp. When the headphone amp is on, the integrated will be off and vice versa. Question is, could this...
  2. DogsPart2

senn HD800 owners only..best cable?

I understand cables are highly subjective and a very hot topic. That said, for HD800 owners, what is the best cable you have enjoyed with these cans? Curious, as I believe the stock cable sounds pretty good and not sure I need to upgrade. I do own a pair HD650 and the Cardas upgrade was a...
  3. DogsPart2

Should I sell my DAT deck

My Sony PCM-R500 has served me well for many years in my home recording studio, it later served as the "tape deck" in my main home system after I dismantled my studio. It rarely gets any use these days, as most of my listening is CDs and Flac files. I love this machine and it has preformed...
  4. DogsPart2

Soundbar 101 - elementary question

I am new to all this new fangaled sound bar stuff and have a few, probably basic, questions. Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sound-bars/ht-z9f This is the soundbar one I am considering My major question is about wireless NAS capability. I am not...
  5. DogsPart2

Schitt vs Woo...what say you

In the area of say US$1K, I am looking at DAC/AMP Combos from primarily Schitt and Woo. Naturally, Schitt has the most combo offerings. With Woo I am limited to the WA7 w/ dac or the WA3 + a DAC. Anyone care to comment about sound and reliability of either brand? I like the idea of future...
  6. DogsPart2

Attack of the Geezers

The new releases from David Crosby, Stills and Collins, Chris Hillman and Rusty Young have blown me away! This is good music from folks getting up in age, skillfully performed and beautifully sung. I continue to be amazed by Crosby's voice and Judy Collins vocals on the Stills/Collins album...
  7. DogsPart2

Aurender N100H vs Sony HapZ1ES

Looking to make the plunge and add digital playback to my main system. I have heard good things about the Sony, however I already have an excellent DAC (McIntosh)so the Dac in the Sony is redundant. Also, I am not sure the sound quality from the Sony would be as good as the Aurender. I plan to...
  8. DogsPart2

SimAudio Moon CD players

Thinking of replacing my Cambridge CXC transport with a new Moon Neo260D transport. Gets good reviews by the rags, however I cannot find much chatter on the Interwebs about SimAudio Moon CD players. Anyone have experience with their players? Advice greatly appreciated.
  9. DogsPart2

Reliable? External HDD

After finally entering the exciting world of digital audio, my 3 week old 2tb WD passport drive suffered catastrophic failure last night lost all functunality the 278 CDs I have burned so far. The WD HDD lived in a smoke free enviornment and was handled very carefully (ie. never abused in it's...
  10. DogsPart2

Hdd through PC to DAC

I am a died in the wool physical media guy who has resisted digital files forever. However, my wife (an IT manager) recently convinced me to give it a try. I purchased a 2TB WD HDD and I am ripping CDs (Flacc lossless) through our PC. We are using Windows Media Center for now. My questions...
  11. DogsPart2

MCT 450

Anyone have one? Curious about owners impressions as I may take the plunge shortly.
  12. DogsPart2

Camridge Audio CXN

Anyone purchased one yet? I am looking to enter the "digital world" and my head is spinning. I have a great DAC (McIntosh D100) so I would prefer to run my steamer/player through the Mac. The Sony HapZE looks nice, however no digital out + its expensive. The Moon Mind looks very nice...
  13. DogsPart2

Cambridge CXC Transport

Intrigued by the transport. Haas anyone auditioned or purchased yet? So new, very little information available
  14. DogsPart2

Vandersteen---->Bryston

Tonight, the wife and I are having "the Talk" After 2 years of complaints, I will finally make the offer to replace my beloved Vandersteen 2CE, SigII with a pair of Bryston Mini T. The size is right, the sound is good and I believe they will have a better wife acceptance factor. (plus...
  15. DogsPart2

Replacing my Vandersteen 2CE Sig II

Well the "ball and chain" is slowly wearing me down, complaining about the size of my Vandys. As much as I love them, they may need to go. Any ideas on a smaller footprint speaker which may sound as good? I would love a Harbeth 30.1, however at 6K they are very expensive. Any contenders...
  16. DogsPart2

Compnents Off, Standby, or On

I upgraded my system earlier this year (new Mcintosh Int and Linn DC player). So far they have performed flawlessly and I turn them off when not in use. 2 Days ago, the CD player skipped and locked up on a CD I have not played in a long time. At the time, I attributed it to the CD. Yesterday...
Back
Top Bottom