Search results

1. slow_jazz

Is Optonica good equipment??

Saw a listing for Optonica looked interesting. Never heard of them personally. thanks, greg
  2. slow_jazz

Magnavox CDB-650 cd player gone crazy

my trusted Magnavox CDB650 has gone crazy. As soon as I turn it on and insert a cd it pops right back out. It was working great yesterday. I've always liked the sound of this cd player and hate to junk it. I pulled the cover off and don't see any bad components. Any help would be...
  3. slow_jazz

Ever have a good day!!

Last Friday was a good day!! 1. Nice sunny day. 2. Part for my treadmill I've been waiting for arrived. It was under warranty and free. 3. Stimulus check showed up in my bank account!! 4. Health Department called and I'm getting my first Covid vaccine on Tuesday 3/23. 5. Watched episode 1...
  4. slow_jazz

Pioneer SX-780 on facebook marketplace

no affiliation to this but saw it on facebook marketplace in s.e. michigan. looks like a decent unit for someone.
  5. slow_jazz

This is how I feel!!!

6. slow_jazz

Super funny ebay ad!!

Came across this on ebay. You would think the seller would include free shipping!!
  7. slow_jazz

New Discovery Channel Show Driven about cars.

Big fan of car shop shows and this is a new one about Galpin Auto Sports. They restored Carroll Shelby's modified Pantera in first episode. So far so good.
  8. slow_jazz

A decent MCS deal on Facebook Marketplace

Not sure if this is the right forum for this. No affiliation but I happen to own both these MCS pieces and they perform way above their pay grade. MCS - 3835 integrated and MCS - 3701 tuner. I know for sure the tuner was built by NEC. Not sure about the integrated.
  9. slow_jazz

Grundig console for sale cheap on Facebook

Came across this today. It's on Facebook Marketplace in Toledo, OH. Looks like a great deal for someone... No affiliation.
  10. slow_jazz

This looks like a good deal for someone.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. Caught this on facebook marketplace in trenton, michigan. no affiliation whatsoever.
  11. slow_jazz

Norelco One Blade actually works!!

I have no affiliation with Norelco. I received one of these for Xmas and have loved it ever since. I was always getting razor rash on my neck for years and I hate beards. I started doing my neck with the one blade and my razor rash is gone. Thing lasts a month on one charge and I'm still...
  12. slow_jazz

Interesting ebay auction - John Boulton stereo

Not sure if this is the right forum. No affiliation whatsoever to this auction. Caught my eye. Looks expensive at one time. Never heard of this equipment. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-JOHN-BOULTON-SIGNATURE-SERIES-STEREO-SYSTEM/223173499230?hash=item33f62d595e:g:1wgAAOSw0G9btKEI
  13. slow_jazz

Looking for a good frozen pizza

I've been looking for a good frozen pizza and been disappointed. Not a big fan of thick crust like DiGiorno. I need to try a Trader Joe's soon. Any suggestions??? thanks, greg
  14. slow_jazz

My first stereo back in rotation

This was my first real stereo. An Electrophonic all in one system. I purchased this from Kmart around 1975 or so. I had it in layaway for several months paying a little each month. The speakers are long gone. I always kept it for sentimental reasons. I hooked it back up over the weekend. I...
  15. slow_jazz

Looks like a VOM possible tube console on ebay

Voice of music console. No affiliation. 1967 is the year. Looks interesting. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stereo-System-Record-Player-Radio-Reel-To-Reel-Model-989-2-1089-2/132452806389?hash=item1ed6cd6ef5:g:ni8AAOSwrklU723D Looks like decent price.
  16. slow_jazz

Ebay laugh of the day.

No affiliation but this is hilarious, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stereo-System-GPX-am-fm-Deck-system-s3580eq-EQ-Tuner-Cassette-Turntable/322944487940?hash=item4b30fdd204:g:VPMAAOSwA~VaCZCu Get it now they knocked 10% off.
  17. slow_jazz

Latest addition to collection. MCS 3835

I bought this several months ago and just got around to using it. MCS 3835. Hookup up cd player and speakers. Turned it on and got a solid click but no sound. Took the case off and all fuses are good. Nice open layout, fairly clean inside, no bad smell or bad looking parts. Turned it back on...
  18. slow_jazz

Do tires age???

I was looking over some receipts and noticed my tires are 8 years old. Tread isn't terrible but what about the rest of the tire??? Do sidewalls wear out??? I drive a Mustang so their speed rated. thanks in advance, greg
  19. slow_jazz

First tube stereo

A couple years ago I purchased this amp from a fellow AKer and just left it boxed up. Finally got it going this week. Somehow I lost the fuse holder and picked one off ebay. Not sure how many watts it is. I had an old Pioneer wooden tuner cabinet that I used to house it in. Had to give it a...
  20. slow_jazz

Is OLED worth the extra money??

Was looking at a 65 inch OLED LG tv and it looked great. Also looked at some Sony and Samsung tvs. The OLED I thought looked the best of any of them but not sure if it's worth the extra money. Any thoughts?? Thanks, greg
  21. slow_jazz

Anyone make a protein powder that mixes well?

I've tried several brands of protein powder and none of them mix worth a darn.... All I get is bunch of small clumps. thanks, greg
  22. slow_jazz

Strange looking forum threads today on AK

When I look at the New Posts this is what is showing up for me today.
  23. slow_jazz

WhiteSE is solid seller

just finished doing business with WhiteSE. Very good seller...
  24. slow_jazz

eedork is solid seller!!!

finished a transaction with eedork for rebuilt Pioneer SX-450. works great!!
  25. slow_jazz

Kmulkey & Fanghorn both great to deal with

Purchased from both of these guys and they pack great and item arrived safe and sound!!
Back
Top Bottom