Search results

1. E

Anyone recognize these speakers?

Thank you very much!
  2. E

Anyone recognize these speakers?

I believe they are dual 6.5” woofers and a .75” dome tweeter. Fairly heavy and the base is solid oak. Can’t figure out this logo.
  3. E

Quantum Jr Woofers

Hello goodolpg, I have the serial number for one cabinet but not the other so I can't determine if they were made consecutively. Also, the spiders look to be about the same age and there appears to be no indication that the actual cones were replaced so I think both woofers are original. I will...
  4. E

Quantum Jr Woofers

Hello, I picked up a pair of Quantum Juniors today for $10, but both are missing the midrange and one is missing the emit tweeter. My question is about the woofers used in this model. I could have sworn one of the woofers was not original but when I removed them they both had the same markings...
  5. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Hello Nikkoholic, Yes, you are absolutely correct about the previous postings concerning checking the accelerometer cables back to the DIN connectors. I even said I would check these at that time, but didn't think this wiring could be wrong. Again, this just confirms the obvious...do not...
  6. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Servo/Acceleromoter Fixed...I think? Thanks to all who have helped me so far. I believe I have finally found the issue with the accelerometer/SCU, and I'm almost too embarrased to respond with my findings. Since I couldn’t get any measurements at all at the accelerometer leads, and...
  7. E

Beta/Gamma/Delta restoration questions

Serial Numbers - Gammas Hi Dave, Here are the serial numbers of my Gammas: G020922 G020923 and the serial number of my SCU: 008221 I just saw your pictures of the slave and control woofers. How did you remove the dust cap so cleanly? I still cannot measure any voltage out of my...
  8. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Feedback Testing Hello John (& others), I tried the "tap" test the way you describe (servo unit on, speaker wire and feedback cable connected) one channel at a time, but I still don't get any sound from the slave woofer in either the Right or Left channels. I thought that maybe I could...
  9. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Servo Circuit Working??? Everyone, Well, I was able to successfully solder the new RCA jack to the PCB, and the unit is working with no hum at all, so we are good there. However, now I am uncertain if the servo feedback section of the unit is working or not. I tried the "tap" test that is...
  10. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Update on RCA Terminal Repair. Since the buzzing stopped when I jumped the ground of the RCAs from input to output, I thought I might be able to just solder a wire to the bottom of the board connecting the bad input ground to one of the other grounds. Wrong, I discovered the break was...
  11. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Hello John, You were exactly correct! Thanks to you (and Dave & everyone else) for the suggestions. I checked the ground continuity between all 8 RCA jacks on the rear panel and only the outputs and bypass jacks were connected. The inputs are not being grounded. So I took a piece of wire...
  12. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Hello John, Yes, I believe this is a grounding issue and not something with the power supply. I will try to gently wiggle the RCA jacks around on the back of the unit while powered up and see what happens. Unfortunately for me, this is not intermittent, and the buzzing is always there when...
  13. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Nikkoholic - I will double check the wiring of the servo cables back to the speaker and also to the input of the SCU. As far as the gain setting, I have it set to 0 right now, and it seems to be fine. I believe it is some kind of grounding issue at the input of the SCU at the RCA jacks, but I'm...
  14. E

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Servo Control Unit - Issues and Questions I'm a newbie to AK, but thought I would revive this thread as I'm having difficulties with my Servo Control Unit and was hoping to get some advice as how to proceed with correcting the problem. I located a pair of Gammas and SCU, without servo cables...
Back
Top Bottom