Search results

1. peterh

Howto remove chat ?

I would like to remove the annoying chat at the bottom. How ?
  2. peterh

Tube manufactoring questions

What is the blueprint for manufactoring a certain tube ? Is there an "owner" that has blueprints for the components ? And if so, is there any licensing or patent issues ? Or is the creation av a new instance of a tube a matter of combining and dimensions of the elements so that the end results...
  3. peterh

Happy X-mas

4. peterh

New(old) preamp turns out good, A Dynaco PAS4 clone

Starting out as a comment from a friend many years ago i was curious on the Dynaco PAS4. No such preamp ever came to sweden, few was build and most stayed in US. Some years ago Roy Mottram announced that he would build a few clone boards, i bought one. Finally i got to build it. And i am amazed...
  5. peterh

Happy Christmas

To all of you i wish a very good xmas.
  6. peterh

Strange Dynaco design - i do not understand why !

Looking at the MkVI schematics ( no i do not have any) i see a feature that seems strange. Dynaco has introduced a time relay on the B+ feeding the driver tube, a 7199. This implicates that when the powertubes are hot and drawing current a sudden positive surge will occur when the timerelay...
  7. peterh

Vincent SA-T8 schematics anyone ?

I have been connected by a user of this amp, anyone that has a schematic or information in any other language then french ?
  8. peterh

Yadreb

Yet Another Dynaco REBuild It might be of broader interest; i badly wanted a remote volume, and i also needed a buffered output to my PAS-3. The end result was a quad buffer with remote control and in addition a power sequencer / protector for the power amp. See...
  9. peterh

Why all soldering problems ??

Is it the lead-free solder that makes it hard to get decent solders ? Lot's of problems seem to be related to "bad soldering" or "cracking solders" This was not the typical problems kit builders or doit-yourself builder experienced in the 80's, the period i was most active.
  10. peterh

warning for fake NOS tubes from mullardmagic.co.uk

Last april i bought 3 7199 from mullard magic. They were advertized as NOS. It's also what staed on the reciept. (NOS for me is New Old Stock). Some weeks ago i had the opportunity to measure them with a tube tracer, and they were far from new. They were in fact at the very limit of useless...
  11. peterh

Tube tracer built and tested

I could not resist building a uTracer ( dos4ever.com) as it seemed to be a nice design and does have the ability to not only measure but also make tube graphs. The first samples are measured with the gear on my table, now it's time to mount in boxes. uTracer uses a u-controller to pulse the...
  12. peterh

New tube production in sweden

According to "Computer sweden" Sylvania has taken over ericssons phone factory in Ronneby sweden, and plans are for producing a number of the most profitable tubes. 7199 and 6550A is two of the initial products, with more to follow. See "http://www.lurad-i-en-burk.se/torsk"
  13. peterh

mcintosh autobias - how does it work ?

I have ( as usual ) stumbled into an area where i did not know what i was talking about. (big mouth opens too fast for brain to catch up-syndrome :-) There is apperently some sort of auto-bias in mcintosh amps such as mc275 The schematic is available but frankly i do not understand how...
  14. peterh

Meaning av "matched pair"

If i should start selling tubes i'd need to supply matched pairs ( or quads) Whats the definition of "matched pair" ? Is it "simular current at some voltage and bias" ? ( which voltage ? A typical for the tube ( 400V for EL34, 500V for 6550 ?) Or is it simular current and transkonductance...
  15. peterh

Hi from snow-covered sweden

As my mentor and friend from many years has moved to another world i need to broaden my views. I've done transistors, and each time i'm back into tubes. The latest is a vta-70 that sounds very nice. My audio-interest is a hobby, although i am thinking of redistributing jj in europe ( why...
Back
Top Bottom