Search results

1. G

major score for someone here in SoCal

A friend listed his single owner Sansui G22000 WITH AMPLIFIER for $2000 on FB marketplace. I saw it and tried to call him but it was too late -- he had accepted an offer and the guy was coming to pick it up. Lance is a gentleman and would never go back on his word, so someone got a pretty...
  2. G

Marantz 8B

10b is the pinnacle of tuner design and engineering honestly, on par with Sequerra Model 1 and follow-on tuners. The scope is a nice to have especially in mid-city environment with multipath. Signal strength is useful as well but thats easily done on a meter. The sound quality of 10b is amazing...
  3. G

Flooding in San Diego County

Scripps Ranch here, I am at the bottom of a hill (canyon) - no issues -- like the poster above, in late Sept I go clean all brow ditches and culverts that could cause a problem. That takes the better part of an afternoon. Then, before a storm, walk through and remove branches, big leaf...
  4. G

Do you have hobby -related regrets?

Gave away -- Thorens TD124 type 2 with SME 3012 arm and V-15 III cartridge to a friend as I was preparing to move cross country. Also gave away a fantastic ReVox A77 -- this was in 1981. I dont really regret it as my friend got SO MUCH enjoyment out of this gear - but sometimes i wish I had em...
  5. G

Replica Marantz 7

I talked by phone with Kevin at VAC in 1996, as I wanted to buy a rear panel assembly for an original model 7, with the silkscreen lettering and the rca plugs. We talked for 30 minutes roughly, I explained what I was doing (restoring my fire damaged original model 7) and he very kindly sold me...
  6. G

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

SME tonearm. $$
  7. G

Current status of sales and values of vintage gear

I have a ton of stuff at home and my expectation is that it will all be thrown in the dumpster at some point by my kids. I'm 64 and been into hifi since 1975.
  8. G

Colts Neck NJ Scott 310E tube tuner, Dyna 70 & PAS 3 & 120, KLH, AR TT, Eico ST40, TEAC RTR, NAD, tubes

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/legacyremembers/anthony-rustako-obituary?id=52259815 Mr Rustako was a friend of my Dads. the Rustakos did not have any children, if they had I would have gone to school with them RIP Mr. Rustako.
  9. G

Colts Neck NJ Scott 310E tube tuner, Dyna 70 & PAS 3 & 120, KLH, AR TT, Eico ST40, TEAC RTR, NAD, tubes

This is about a mile from where I grew up, and looks just like my Dad's estate when we liquidated it. The guy who has this stuff is likely Bell Labs.
  10. G

Marantz 7C 7T 10B

huh?
  11. G

Koss CM 1030s

yes, they have the plastic surrounds. Im currently debating with myself whether I should replace them with something a bit more modern or at least a bit more transparent. Thinking Quads or maybe Martin Logain electrostats......
  12. G

Koss CM 1030s

Jeff, I have a pair of 1020's that I bought from Koss in ?79? -- dealer special buy on get one free. Rebuilt the xovers and replaced switches throughout the late 80's to late 90's. They do sound pretty good when paired with a nice tube amp bigger than 35-40 watts.
  13. G

What you can find if you keep an eye out.

I had that same Halli back in the day -- hours and hours listening to various broadcasts from around the world-- Remember the 'numbers broadcast?" A series of numbers read out over SW. I still wonder what that was all about......
  14. G

University Speakers. Need some info.

I have a set of those University speakers -- custom cabinet by 'audio craftsman' - in the garage. Driven by early 70's Sansui 25w receiver playing Spotify from the computer to the AUX inputs via computer headphone jack. Sound is great and I listen to it almost every day while wrenching /...
  15. G

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

All I can say is -- WOW! What a scroe! I have an old M3 that I am wanting to sell off as I will never use it again -- Leica is the cream of the crop for 35mm without a doubt!
  16. G

Marantz Tuner question

Vendo, who do you know that can align (well) a 10b? Im in CA as well and am getting ready to start a resto effort on my whole setup, 10b included. Thanks
  17. G

San Diego CA Technics & TEAC RTR, Infinity, Marantz, Advent, Revox, Dyna, Bozak

A little story behind this estate sale. I bought a house on that street in 1993. I still live there. I had a collection of marantz and mcintosh stuff I'd had (still do) since I was 16 -- . I had a MC40 with a rusted chassis, and between 1980 and 92 or so I was looking for a new chrome chassis...
  18. G

A problem with my MX-117. Advice sought by hobbyist with a DVM.

yes, optocoupler failure most likely. They get tired after a while. One of the main issues with Marantz 10b tuner. I think you could google search for new ones
  19. G

Stopped a crime yesterday! Feelin good!

My neighbor and friend, huge audiophile, passed away a year ago, and his wife is cleaning out the house getting ready to sell it. My deceased friends son-in-law was coming to load up a truck to take back to his place a bunch of Artie's stuff. I stopped over to say Hi and see if there was...
  20. G

Tell me why this dumpy little boombox is worth so much...

I still have my Sanyo M9994 : with the original microphones! I bought it in 1979 as I recall : I think it might be worth something to the right buyer. I replaced the belts on the cassette player about 2 years ago, it works fine still! It just hangs out in a bag under my bench though..!
  21. G

Glendale AZ Marantz 7,8,10; Mc 275; Sansui G-33000; Empire; Scott, more

no serial number. At least its not visible in the photo. Would need to take the covers off to verify production vs prepro status. Tubes look orig Amperex holland
  22. G

Glendale AZ Marantz 7,8,10; Mc 275; Sansui G-33000; Empire; Scott, more

that model 7 looks like a preproduction model. very valuable if so.
  23. G

Does this Marantz 8b look all original?

yes it is original
  24. G

Thorens TD 124 for sale. Yes no maybe so?

i gave my TD124 with 3012 SME arm away 40 years ago when i was moving every 6 months. My buddy still has it, he has moved once in 40 years, and uses it all the time. Best giveaway I've ever done.
  25. G

dynaco st70 bias question

100% normal.
Back
Top Bottom