Search results

1. flasher1

Hole size for Jelco tonearms

Does anyone know the hole size for the following Jelco arms? SA-370h TK-850m I looking for the size of the hole to mount the arm. Thanks,
  2. flasher1

Rek-O-Kut K33H - Need mounting template

I am looking for the mounting template for a Rek-O-Kut K33H. I cannot seem to locate one. Either a photo of a plinth or a photo of the template (if there ever was one). I will be building a plinth for a gentleman but I don't have the turntable to use for measuring etc. Maybe it is the same as...
  3. flasher1

Stylus for Shure Premier cartridge

anyone know what EVG stylus fits a Shure Premier cart? I think the cartridge is a M75 but not sure. Thanks,
  4. flasher1

Rekokut Ashland motor not keeping speed

i recently rebuilt a rekokut Rondine delux with the large Ashland motor. I replaced the lord mounts and had the idler rebuilt as well. The motor turns free and seems to run well but is occasionally dropping speed a bit. It normally runs at 33.1 but drops to 30.1 for no apparent reason. Does...
  5. flasher1

Rek-O-Kut B12H thrust plate

does anyone know if a B12H turntable use a thrust washer below the platter spindle? Tks
  6. flasher1

Empire 208

does anyone know how difficult it will be to install an SME 3009 on an Empire 208? Tks!
  7. flasher1

Pioneer PL-55D

I am looking for a tonearm for the pioneer listed above. If you have an old junk turntable of that model and we would be willing to part with it please let me know. I’ve also posted this in Barter town. Thank you
  8. flasher1

Question about cartridges

Probably a dumb question. I have ended up with a bunch of cartridges with no styli. I went thru them all and put a meter to the coils to make sure they are worthy of a New stylus. I noticed the difference in ohms between the right and left channels of some cartridges as compared to others. Why...
  9. flasher1

Dusl 1237 platter cupped?

Has anyone ever put a straightedge across the top of a platter? I did that on a Dual 1237 today and was surprised to see how much lower the platter was in the center. Can anyone with a Dual 1237 put a 12” ruler across the platter and let me know what you find. The platter on this 1237 has the...
  10. flasher1

Dual 1237 issue-question

ive been workin on a nice Dual 1237 that had several odd issues. I’ve corrected most but I still have one nagging and perplexing problem. let me attempt to describe. After starting the table, I let the arm sit down and begin play. The table starts skipping more and more as it approaches...
  11. flasher1

Help! Need assistance

hey fellow members! I am abolitionist to replace the tonearm in my dual 1219 due to a broken gimbal. I have a complete tonearm with good gimbals and tonearm wire to reinstall. I've looked everywhere and am unable to find any directions for this major surgery. If anyone can give me a lead on...
  12. flasher1

Thorens plinth question

Hey All, Does anyone know if the plinths for the Thorens TD126 is the same at the TD125? Thanks!
  13. flasher1

Help with tonearm identification

All , I need some help with identifying the tonearm in one of my tables. It is installed on a Kenwood KP-5021 which was sold in Japan and not intended to be sold in the US. Anyway, I'm installing a Shure V-15 lll and don't know what protractor to use. I need the specs on the arm but have no...
  14. flasher1

Anyone recognize this tonearm?

Anyone recognize this arm? It is on my Kenwood KP5021. I need the specs for setup if anyone is familiar with it. Tks
  15. flasher1

Help with adjusting an arm liftq

All, I am working on a custom turntable and my client purchased a copy of an Ortophon Hi-Jack Arm Lift. It is a very nice piece of workmanship and is supposed to be height adjustable. I did not purchase this item and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to adjust the height. It was made...
  16. flasher1

Mass Cherry plinth for Garrard 401

Hello all, I just completed a two year "on again off again" construction project for a mass plinth for a Garrard 401. It took awhile as there were several new skills that needed to be developed. For more photos, you can take a look at my Facebook page. Just search on "Vintage Analog Restoration...
  17. flasher1

Polishing Question

i am looking for ideas of how to polish AR-XA spindle and tonearm wells to reduce friction. I've done it before but I wasn't happy with the results so I'm looking for how other folks have done it. Tks
  18. flasher1

Miracord binding tonearm

Hey all, I have a Miracord 50HII that seems to have a slightly binding tonearm. It seems to bind just enough to cause the arm to skip/repeat unless I crank the VTF to about 2 1/2 or a little more in order for it to track properly. I've cleaned everything I can think of, tried the anti- skate...
  19. flasher1

Need a Belt for my Kenwood

I have acquired a new turntable and it will most likely be my main table for a long while. It is a Kenwood KP-5021 which was made for the Japanese market. Wonderful table, built almost like a Thorens TD-124. Massive mechanisms. It is a combination of belt and idler drive table. Anyway, I am...
  20. flasher1

Pioneer PL-30L II

Anyone out there familiar with the Pioneer PL-30L II? I received one to service and as expected, there is little information out her on it. At least in English. The one I am trying to fix should lift the arm at the end of the record but this one isn't working. I looked underneath and there is a...
  21. flasher1

Photos Arrrggghhh

I still am having trouble posting a photo on this site. I have loaded some photos to photobucket, went thru what I think was the correct procedure by entering some text, post the text, hit the key that shows the landscape, post the url that I copied from photobucket and enter. Either shows the...
  22. flasher1

Kenwood KP-5021 / thorens TD124

Hey All, I have a georgous Kenwood KP-5021 turntable which is a belt/idler drive table very similar in design to the Thorens TD 124. I was checking it over today and realized that I hadn't done anything to the spindle bearing well. It seems to have some drag so I thought I would pull it out...
  23. flasher1

Capacitors for AR XA

Good Morning, I am rebuilding some AR XAs and want to replace to two caps in the wiring. I am having trouble finding a replacement. I looked at mouser and Digikey and couldn't find anything with the correct specs. Does anyone know where I can find them? .1mfd 600v .022 Mfd 600v Any help...
  24. flasher1

Tonearm Length question

I am designing a plinth for a Garrard 401 and had a question regarding the tonearm. While in the design stage, I am trying to estimate the placement of the arm. I will be using a 12" arm but I haven't purchased it as yet. Does anyone know the approximate distance from the spindle to the pivot...
  25. flasher1

Belt needed

I just acquired a Kenwood KP-5021 and am looking forms some guidance. This table is a model that has limited information available. It was produced by Treo for the Japanese market but there was a US version, the KP-4021. Under the covers, it has a similar arrangement as a Thorens TD124 with a...
Back
Top Bottom