Search results

1. 20191201_142727-01

20191201_142727-01

Sansui BA-3000 running dual bridged mono, powering Mirage M1
  2. 20191201_152847-01

20191201_152847-01

Dual BA-3000, Threshold FET two series II, Bluesound Node2i
  3. MistaChen

Do you still have band posters on your wall??

Hanging with Jimi, Johnny, and Pink Floyd in the man cave
  4. MistaChen

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

It was just loading slow at first I guess. Kind of weird making the video in the basement, uploading it, then walking up a flight of stairs and watching the same video on the home theater system (Integra pre, Emotiva xpa-5 and JBL 4430) on YouTube.
  5. MistaChen

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Well, it snowed last night so I'm hiding in the basement/mancave this weekend . I recently added a Threshold FET two series II preamp to the system, so I can spend some time getting to know it. Might delete this video and try again. Quality is pretty crap....
  6. MistaChen

Goodmans Goodness

Cool find. Years ago, I found some Goodmans 330 Economax drivers that look very similar to yours. I drilled the rivets on the cylinder to replace the cap in there.
  7. MistaChen

Show Me Your Sansui!

AU-9500 The 3 Amigos: BA-3000, AU-9500, and Empire 598 III
  8. MistaChen

Your furry K9 or Kitty listen with you?

Haha he's too fat and lazy to pounce on anything. Just splootin' on the armrest :biggrin:
  9. MistaChen

Your furry K9 or Kitty listen with you?

Marcel really likes jazz. Cannonball Adderley and Johnny Hodges mostly
  10. MistaChen

What do I have here?, JBL4430

Looks like a 27mm inner frame with peg holes, and a 24mm cap glued to the perimeter. Looks like a steep chamfer on the outer edge.
  11. MistaChen

What do I have here?, JBL4430

Great save! I've had my 4430s for about 2 years now. I have a lot of British speakers and still have a pair of Infinity RSII in storage. The JBLs beat them all when it comes to cranking up Black Sabbath I built some 9" stands? risers? for them which brings the buttcheek up to seated ear height...
  12. MistaChen

What's Pioneer in your rig?

My first Pioneer: SX-1050 Normally i'm a Sansui guy, but this 1050 is rocking my Ditton 66 series II, and my world.
  13. MistaChen

Show Me Your Sansui!

BA-3000s, freshly serviced and new LEDs. I like the blue, but still want to try green and white LEDs. My QA-7000 will replace the AU-9900 once it comes back from service.
  14. MistaChen

Please Help!

$ sent, keep up the good work :beerchug:
  15. MistaChen

Scenes from a typical AK'ers Saturday night

Protecting my ears from War Pigs
  16. MistaChen

Scenes from a typical AK'ers Saturday night

Cheers boys :beerchug:
  17. MistaChen

Great Harmonies...

The whole album is full of great harmonies but this might be my favourite track
  18. MistaChen

Show Me Your Sansui!

BA-3000 x2
  19. MistaChen

AK thinktank: songs that start off lo-fi and bloom into spectacular hi-fi

I REMEMBERED NOW! Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I love the jarring change in sound.
  20. MistaChen

AK thinktank: songs that start off lo-fi and bloom into spectacular hi-fi

I thought of a song the other day, starts off sounding like an AM radio and then like a flip of a switch it blooms into a full blown, great sounding song. I've been racking my brains for a week now and can't think of it. *Kinda like the opening track on King Crimson Lizard, Cirkus* **kinda...
  21. MistaChen

Custom made Wood for Audio

My Rita-880 all dressed up in clear coated African Zebrawood. I bought this amp off a talented, local AK'er that does all his own woodworking and paint work. :beerchug: @guystp Vs
  22. MistaChen

For those with multiple systems: How do you listen to them?

We're in a four level split, with a good stereo on each level. Digital only on level 1 (bedroom) and 3 (home theater), and vinyl/digital on level 2 (living room) and 4 (mancave). Music on whichever floor we're hanging out on. The fun starts when you have a Chromecast Audio on each system and...
  23. MistaChen

Empire 598 on CL

Just your friendly neighborhood enabler poppin' in to say "Do It" ;-) and that's what the arm should look like
  24. MistaChen

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

My Teac A-3440. Currently working on it, but I'm definitely in over my head. Other than a good cleaning, bearing and spindle lube, and belt change that's all I'm good for. Will be handing it off to my tech this summer.
Back
Top Bottom