Search results

1. G

Heathkit AR-1500A How do you describe real power?

In reference to the Scope outputs on the rear panel. These are used so you can hook up an oscilloscope to enable checking/tuning your antenna for minimum multipath interference. This is described on page 181 of the Assembly Manual. They have pictures for reference on page 182. Yes, I'm the...
  2. G

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

I'm new to this site and didn't introduce myself yesterday before posting. Sorry about that. As far as equipment I still have my original turntable, a Thorens TD-160C. Heathkit AR1500A that I assembled back in 1974 Nakamichi 482Z tape deck dbx 3bx expander Tandberg 3008A Preamp Polk Audio...
  3. G

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

The easiest and cheapest way for a manufacturer to do this back then would be to provide a jumper on the bridge rectifier of the power supply to change it from half wave (for 120V) to full wave (for 240V) I don't have any specifics but if it is there it is probably plainly labelled.
  4. G

What was your first turntable?

A Thorens TD-160, still used occasionally for my vinyl collection.
  5. G

Heathkit AR-1500A

DC Offset With the single ended differential amp design on the input there might be a slight offset but I would expect both channels to be within 10% of each other. Grasping at straws I'd check the emmitter resistors on the output transistors to see if one isn't off value of maybe the gain...
  6. G

How many of you built Heathkits?

I built an AR1500A way back in '74. I modified the amp output from quasi complementary to full complementary. It doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned driving the fairly reactive 5 ohm impedence of my Polk speakers either.
Back
Top Bottom