Search results

1. isRelative

Room Treatments for New Apartment?

It's 6' poured concrete floors with laminate wood flooring, but I have large area rugs everywhere!
  2. isRelative

So I got lazy and neglected to put in some furniture that will be behind the listening position - a desk against the back of the listening couch, a hanging lamp shade above the desk, and another couch against the back wall. That back wall also will have window shades (roller shades, so some...
  3. isRelative

Hi All, Just moved to a new space and need some advice on how to treat the room! I'm thinking of putting acoustic panels on the wall behind each speaker and a corner bass trap by the left speaker. I don't think I need any treatments for first order reflections on the left wall as there are...
  4. isRelative

Devore Delivery from Chicago to NJ?

Still looking, thanks fam :)
  5. isRelative

Devore Delivery from Chicago to NJ?

A bit of a long shot, but anyone travelling from Chicago, IL to New Jersey (near NYC) soon-ish? There's a pair of Devore's I've been eyeing but having trouble thinking of ways to get them here :P
  6. isRelative

Floorstanders or standmount speakers in my space?

Will putting a bass trap and/or sound absorption panels in that corner to tame the bass not work out? I know it's not ideal, but I'm sure there are "apartment audiophiles" that find a way around speaker placement limitations, no? Also, thanks for the recommendation and I have heard good things...
  7. isRelative

Floorstanders or standmount speakers in my space?

Hello! Moving into a new apartment soon and would love your opinions on if the space would best be served by floorstanders or standmounts. Red squares are where the speakers would go and the blue rectangle is where the couch/listening position would be - looks to be around 8-10 feet away...
  8. isRelative

Small-ish Floorstanders under $3k?

Any opinions on the Triangle Celius 202? Looks to be a sweet looking pair of speakers.
  9. isRelative

You know, I actually looked into them and they're really pretty speakers, but I'm reading that their frequency response graphs are almost the worst in the industry lol. They're a super divisive company in terms of people either swearing by them or hating their sound :(
  10. isRelative

Hi Everyone, Good to be back! Been a bit M.I.A. as my stereo needs haven't really changed for the past few years, but I'm moving soon and would like some advice from you gurus out there. I've never actually owned floorstanders (only ever bookshelf speakers) and I think this is my opportunity...
  11. isRelative

Longevity of “Chi-Fi” Gear

I totally get that "Chi-Fi" wasn't all that great years ago, but I'm mainly asking since amps like the Boyuurange A50 mkIII and the Willsenton R8 are getting rave reviews now. I know not to throw money at questionable products, but at what point does a brand stop being questionable and how much...
  12. isRelative

Longevity of “Chi-Fi” Gear

Hi All, I took a hiatus from gear hunting for a couple of years, but with an upcoming move, I find myself perusing what’s out there once again. It seems the landscape has changed considerably and that there’s a lot more receptiveness toward Chinese valve amplifiers with brands like Muzishare...
  13. isRelative

Good MM Cartridge for SME IV?

Hmmm, it seems to be a fairly rare cartridge to find in the US (in terms of finding a pre-owned copy). Gotta keep my eyes open!
  14. isRelative

How important is it to have unwarped records with this cartridge? The clearance between the record and record surface seems pretty small with the cantilever design!
  15. isRelative

I know a lot of people are using MC cartridges on their SME 309 / IV / V tonearms, but are there any good MM cartridges that people have used that they'd recommend? My integrated amplifier (Simaudio Moon 240i) has an onboard MM phono preamp that I'd like to use. I have a Shure M97xE but I...
  16. isRelative

Any Staten Island AK'ers able to courier to Manhattan?

I have a done deal with a fellow AK'er in Staten Island but have no means of getting the item here to Manhattan. Any chance someone makes this commute regularly? Thanks, Brian
  17. isRelative

Standmount Speaker Recommendations?

Budget I guess is under $2500 and I actually prefer pre-owned to get the most bang for my buck. I'm not THAT dead-set on what I'd be willing to spend/not spend on speakers - I also don't want to get a pair of speakers that will be bottlenecked by the amplifier haha.
  18. isRelative

Standmount Speaker Recommendations?

Hi All, I just moved into a larger apartment, but the listening area is considerably smaller than it was previously. I'm using a pair of Omega Super Alnico Monitors but I can't get the positioning right to where it sounds very good (everything sounds a little muddy). Can anyone make any...
  19. isRelative

Record Jacket with "John Lee" Sticker on Back

Hello Everyone, This is an odd request, so I didn't know where to post it. My father-in-law is an avid audiophile with a love for music that I personally have never seen matched by anyone else I know. His guidance and his musical tastes have definitely shaped my appreciation of music...
  20. isRelative

Almarro A205A MKII Volume Potentiometer Swap?

Hi All, I have an Almarro A205A MKII and it sounds divine, but the volume potentiometer on it has way too much gain. I don't think I've ever gone past the 7 o'clock position on it and it's making even moderate changes in volume difficult to dial in. I have a pair of V-caps that I've been...
  21. isRelative

Anyone know anything about Soliloquy speakers?

I sold these a couple of years ago, sorry mate!
  22. isRelative

Ground Loop from Pro-Ject Phono Box RS Phono Preamp?

So I found an interesting interaction. When I move the phono preamp power cable so that it's running in the opposite direction of the direction of the signal in the RCA's (parallel but opposite if that makes sense), the hum almost entirely disappears. Or if I touch the power cable to my...
  23. isRelative

The suckish thing is that my apartment has old wiring so all of the wall sockets are 2-prong. I'm currently using a cheater plug as a workaround to use my MIT Z-Strip, which is a fantastic power conditioner / surge protector in its own right. I'll try and plug other things in the room to...
  24. isRelative

Hello All, I'm scratching my head on this one. I recently purchased a Phono Box RS phono preamp and everything sounds great, but when I use the 60dB gain setting on the phono pre, I get what I'm assuming is a ground loop at high-ish listening levels. I've ruled out the turntable since the hum...
Back
Top Bottom