Search results

1. MrSparks

Kenwood KA-1400G Restoration

Thanks for this forum! The service manual for the 1400G is not free-downloadable that I can find. I am going to use this thread as I assess and rehab my unit. Thanks again
  2. MrSparks

Marantz 3800 Headphone out question

Thanks for the quick response. I installed my 3800 back into my system, routing the speakers thru the 3800. Wow! What a difference all new capacitors has made! Super quiet, brilliant highs! - next up for recap- Model 4000 Quadradial
  3. MrSparks

Marantz 3800 Headphone out question

I have just completed a re-cap of my 3800. While reassembling and testing, I have found that I get no sound out of the headphone jack. After reviewing the schematics, correct me if I'm wromg here-- In order to utilize the headphones you must have your preamp connected to an amplifier and use...
  4. MrSparks

Restoring & modding a Marantz 3800

If you are referring to the "X10" amplifier chip, a uA749PC, I just replaced that with one I just got off Ebay from Korea. I compared the 2, no difference. :(
  5. MrSparks

The 3800's Service Manual is rather poor in comparison to the 3300. I'm experiencing heavy distortion & lower output volume on the left channel. Also when the 400Hz tone button is depressed I get serious motorboating. ( I think that's the correct term) The right is performing perfectly. In the...
  6. MrSparks

I got my UA749PC today from China (actually it's stamped from Korea), installed it and it appears to work! I am still experiencing an output issue - the left channel is not as loud as the right. I just fixed that exact problem on my Marantz 3300 Preamp. Capacitor C412. An electrolytic...
  7. MrSparks

Bringing this thread back-- my 3800's UA749PC I believe is the problem. I took a gambke and spent $10 on one of the Korean IC's listed on eBay. Has anyone else had any experience with them? Hoping it's not junk. Be so much easier to plug a new one in rather than go thru the above steps.
  8. MrSparks

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Marantz Stereo/Quad set-up Marantz 6200 Turntable Marantz 3800 Preamp Marantz 32 Power Amp Marantz 4000 Quadradial (not yet hooked in)
  9. MrSparks

I acquired one of these 3800's, a 3300 preamp, a 4000 quad preamp, the quad adapter, an Advent 100 Dolby noise reduction unit and a late 60's sitar a few years ago. I am finally about to hook it up and see how it does. I am planning on using this as my main unit in my stereo. Your information...
  10. MrSparks

Marantz Score Today

Marantz 4000 question Does anyone have the owner's manual for this unit? I acquired one of these, a 3800, a 3300,the quadrial adapter, an Advent 100 Dolby Reduction Unit, and what I was originally looking at, a 60's sitar. I am in the process of refurbing the 3800 but wanted to know more/is it...
Back
Top Bottom