Search results

1. N

What happens running 4 ohm amp connects to 8 ohm speakers?

What about if I have 1 meter 94db 8 Ohm speakers. I find them to sound much better on the 4 ohms tap. With 94db being easier to drive? Would this make since
  2. N

W-30 biasing issues

Good morning rachel. I have played with the probes of my multimeter a bunch over the last week and i am still getting next to nothing on the reading. The highest reading i have gotten is .009 on the biasing points 2 and 3. Any suggestions. Should i use a tube socket biasing probe?
  3. N

W-30 biasing issues

I recently had my main amp board and pre-amp board totally replaced with new from the factory boards. Amp powers up and sounds fine going thru the phono. The issue i am having is that i am only getting bias readings from the bias testing ports at points 1 and 4. The inside 2 points read...
  4. N

The Big Switch SS to Tube

Ok sold off some gear and went with this. Grant fidelity 30 Thoughts on my choice
  5. N

Ok I let the jolida go. On to the hunt for Eico
  6. N

I also found a Magnavox 6V6 stereo tube amplifier with phone stage but no tubes and does not appear to have any volume controls. Thoughts I can get it to me a shade over $100
  7. N

So that is a +1 for shadowdog. Plus name means nothing to me. I want sound by far #1 easy modding/work on a good chassis and that open look. Suggestions for front end tubes?
  8. N

Wow thank you for that great explanation. So in your option. I can't really go wrong with this for 300 bucks. And worse case / (best for my over all knowledge) these should be DYI fixes for say a level 2 out of 5. I have had a sansui 8000 series that I stripped to the bones as my first real...
  9. N

I am a bit confused though on the bias. If you two wire bypass the bias would that create a zeroed bias setting. The wattage my vary on the channels due to off sets in many places but it would just send power out at the same as a zero bias setting correct. It is nothing more than a manual power...
  10. N

Ok I will check that option off the list. Anyone know anyone looking to part with a used Manley.
  11. N

Here is a picture of the unit
  12. N

He says and I quote " Its play music fine I just dont know where the bias is set at bc it has been bypassed.. Also only comes with power tubes.." My frist guess was just a fualty pot as well. but i dont know Tube at all only solid state. I am pretty good with the hot iron and have done a good...
  13. N

I found a 302a going pretty cheap. Has a couple issues. Says doesnt come with any front end tubes. And has bypassed the biasing due to an issue. If I could pick it up for under 300 shipped. This seem like a good option
  14. N

any thoughts on a Jolida 302a
  15. N

Yeah would love a Manley or Prima but dont think that is going to hit my price range
  16. N

I will check out the buy/trades here. Yeah if anyone has or knows of someone that has a nice peice and a good price. I trust your knowledge and/or suggestion
  17. N

I ran across this the other day. More than I really wanted to spend but isn't everything. Any thoughts. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/eld/3719239179.html
  18. N

That would be awesome but I am kinda a lone wolf on my HIFI. Don't really have any buddies that are in to the hobby. I know a couple very high end dealers but don't they have anything in my ball park.
  19. N

Well it's Golf season so right now looking for pretty much plug and play. I could go newer used or vintage. But from what I have looked at going true vintage may be a bit over my budget. But maybe not.
  20. N

So I have been working on a the HI-FI set up for about 6 months now. Have been thru a bunch of the solid state gear from Sansui monsters/kenwood kr's/marantz 2's/heathkit at-1500a/pioneer sa-88/speakers from whaf w60d'/Maggie's/Klipsch. Right now I am running a carver m-200t off a believe it or...
  21. N

Pre/power amp for Maggie SMGa

I picked up a one owner prefect pair of Maggie SMG's from the heart land of the USA. Already been emailing with Ivonic Pete Gunn before purchase. No gummy/No Red/ No Delam. I know it is coming just preparing for it. Question. Snagged a great deal on NAD xx20 model pre and Carver M200 thoughts on...
  22. N

Sansui G-8700db Left channel issues

PETE HELP!!!!!!!!! So played the sansui for like 2 hours lastnight didnt get very hot at all... say warm to the touch at most. So came home she powered up fine worked the balance back and forth just nice and easy started to sound better. This is without any detox just running it back and...
  23. N

Yep replaced the out puts double checked all the diodes and resistors on protection board. Trimmed used the dim light and trimmed the bias to 5,2mv. Checked voltage on the coil and click powered up like a champ. Put her back together gave her a test run. Went smooth. I can't thank you enough...
  24. N

Ok only issue I have is treble is now a 20% higher out of the left speaker. Any easy fix
  25. N

You guys are amazing. http://youtu.be/IE9xJI7aSM0
Back
Top Bottom