Search results

1. kcblair

Hello All, Update on my vintage gear.

Yep, besides properly setting up the TT and aligning cartridges (thanks to the guys in the TT sub-forum), the biggest improvement came from aligning the speakers. Then I could ease back and enjoy the music and focus on other hobbies . KB
  2. kcblair

Thanks guys, when the system is tuned, music is just plain lovely. Still have 4 TT. Daily users are my YP701 , and TT500 . Use my Yammy P200 with XV15 for needle drops. The Pioneer PL 512 + M97XE sits in the livingroom, just looking pretty. KB
  3. kcblair

It's been over a year (1.5+) since posting on AK. Since leaving the forum, I have not touched any of my gear, other than listening to my vinyl. Since cleaning all my vinyl with the KAB EV-1 record cleaner, every record to date, is still spotless and sounding as perfect as a record can. To the...
  4. kcblair

How are you and the family doing in PR. ? Hope your home and equipment are ok . Ken B.

How are you and the family doing in PR. ? Hope your home and equipment are ok . Ken B.
  5. kcblair

Yamaha YP-701: Cut switch engaged when needle down and out when needle up

If know one has messed with the wiring of that switch, your method should wok. Maybe if he has a multi-meter, he could check the operation of the switch.
  6. kcblair

That's way Kool. I tried it today, and it finally works, as described. Again, Thanks.
  7. kcblair

Well, the manual sure is confusing. I couldn't figure that for the life of pete. I'll choke that up to old age.
  8. kcblair

No, just using the finger lift to lower tonearm to the record.
  9. kcblair

Wow, this is interesting. My YP-701 is wired like reydelaplaya's , but , I have never known this function to ever have been working on my TT. I have noise when I tap the tonearm, in the parked position, and makes a sound when lowered to the record. Maybe I best leave stuff alone, as all is...
  10. kcblair

Your cheapest component that made the biggest difference?

I'll sure second that.... Also, got the DVD "Get Better Sound" by Jim Smith $20.
  11. kcblair

Pickering XV-15 Impressions And Info...........

Yep, I'll second that......... Thanks to you, I have that combo and it sits in rotation, behind my Grado ZF3/8MZ and Shure M91/SAS.
  12. kcblair

KAB EV-1 issues??

Same here, never had any issues cleaning records. I had 400 to clean, when I first got the unit, cleaning 15-20 per session. I did order an extra set of felt lips and changed them after 100 records. Now I clean the records , as I purchase. After the initial cleaning, if I detect any dirty...
  13. kcblair

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTRIDGE

First, Grado ZF3+8MZ, followed by my Shure M91+SAS.
  14. kcblair

Raspberry Pi+HiFiberry dac or PC+USB dac with RCA out ?

Well, I'll check those out and order one. Say, I have a ART DJ Pre + Plus, that connects via USB and has RCA outs. Might that qualify as a DAC. Nothing mentioned in the specs.
  15. kcblair

Trying to keep under a $100, as that what the RPi and accessories would have cost me . Thanks.
  16. kcblair

Thanks. I didn't know the same language is used in both OS's. So looks like I'll start looking for a DAC. Any suggestions ?
  17. kcblair

I'm at a cross road. Been following threads about Raspberry Pi and sounds like fun. My dilemma, I recently put together a PC with leftover parts for other builds. I decided to try Linux Ubuntu 16.04. New to this OS. I recently added a Logitech Blue-tooth stereo adapter to my vintage stereo...
  18. kcblair

Bluetooth question

Ok, Bluetooth 4.0 adapter arrived today, and paired right away with the Logitech BT Audio Adapter. Playing flac files from my music library sounded great. Nice tone, stereo separation. Pandora , sucks...... Spotify, now that sounded good, real stereo separation . So, overall, I'm pleased...
  19. kcblair

Bluetooth question

Thanks guys, My main purpose of streaming with BT, was background music, while puttering around the house. What I have learned, was teh importance of A2DP devices.
  20. kcblair

Bluetooth question

Nice, thread, and lots of info. I too bought the Logitech Bluetooth adapter from BBuy on sale. My current BT adapter in my PC is Ver. 2.0, so I ordered a 4.0 (IOGEAR GBU521W6 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Multi-Language Version Micro Adapter) which is A2DP compatible. Hopefully , it will be here soon...
  21. kcblair

Mixing Modern Digital with Vintage analogue

Thanks for the info. The pc is connected by wifi card, no ethernet cable. I have been looking at the Chromcàst audio.
  22. kcblair

Mixing Modern Digital with Vintage analogue

Hello Guys, Just discovered this thread, as I was looking for ideas. I just cobbed together a pc, left over from other DIY projects. It uses a Intel Core 2, and I'm trying out Linux Ubuntu 16.04 as a OS. Loaded all my music onto the HHD. I have long enough cables to run to my stereo equipment...
  23. kcblair

Shure M91EDM Replacement Stylus Q's

Hello Guys, Anyone mention the EVG 3136DE ?? I loved that stylus in my M91, till I upgrade to an SAS-JICO.
  24. kcblair

Yamaha P-(X)50 Turntable DIY Maintenance Thread P-350, P-450, P-550, P-750, P-751, P-10, P-20

Nice, I thought I was the only Yamaha fanatic.......... :beerchug:
  25. kcblair

Cleaning : How often do you remove all equipment from shelves and racks

Same here, sweeper duster, at least weekly.
Back
Top Bottom