Search results

1. FastG

AK Mid-Atlantic AK Spring Gathering May 5th, 2024!

Missing another one, my timing stinks. I will be on the Queen Mary II sailing out of New York for a 7 day Trans-Atlantic voyage. Celebrating my retirement. Graham
  2. FastG

Tidal is cutting their price for HD streaming

I just got an email stating my monthly fee will go down to $10.99 for my next billing cycle. Good news. Graham
  3. FastG

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

I don't think this is a big deal. We are getting to the age of self driving cars. Self driving cars are going to travel at the speed limit, so I don' see a problem, Graham
  4. FastG

AkitikA GT-102 Z4 Power Amp Kit Build

Vintagegroov were are you based? I have the power amp not being used, if your close by you can test it out. I am in northern Maryland. Graham
  5. FastG

Class A, AB vs latest Class D amps? How close is Class D?

Class D amps are very new, so there development will be rapid. Most people have never experienced high end class D amps, so there comparing $90 amps to items costing many times that amount. Setups from companies like Bell Canto and PS Audio sound real good. I think at least 1 class D amp made...
  6. FastG

Disappointed with Geshelli J2 4499EX

One area I am sure could use improvement is the power supply. The wall wart is tiny, I have an electric clock that has a lager power supply. I will be looking for something like the iFi SilentPower iPower2 Graham
  7. FastG

Disappointed with Geshelli J2 4499EX

I just started using a J2S with the 4499 and Sparko opamps, running via coax from a Node. I think it sounds very good, detailed, good body, much better than the internal DAC in the Node. My issues is the user interface, what the hell were they thinking, it must be designed by the same people...
  8. FastG

AK Mid-Atlantic AK Fall Gathering October 15th, 2023

I am out of town on a car event at the National Corvette Museum. I was also supposed to miss the last event but turned up after a cancellation, so you never know. Graham
  9. FastG

Installing an internal protection relay in an amp

Years ago I purchased Adcom GFA-555 off Ray that he had modified. Works perfectly. Thanks Ray
  10. FastG

3D Printed Speakers

Very interesting video, just shows what can be done. Graham
  11. FastG

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Emerald Physics EP-X, I don't think many sets of these were ever built, sound amazing. guess mine would by a hybrid setup, open baffle mid/high, standard bass cab. The base chamber is ported around the bottom. Graham
  12. FastG

AK Mid Atlantic Gathering May 20th!

Sorry, I will have to miss this one, off playing pretend race car driver:) Have fun. Graham
  13. FastG

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

Huck, I would not worry, the Ares II is an amazing DAC with or without the firmware upgrade.
  14. FastG

Justin Bieber Sells Entire Song Catalog at 28 years old

No he is staring again expect a new album on 2023 https://www.iheart.com/content/2023-02-25-new-justin-bieber-music-is-on-the-way-hailey-bieber-reveals/ Graham
  15. FastG

Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence. Scared yet?

Read this today U.S. investors have plowed billions into China's AI sector, report shows https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-investors-have-plowed-billions-into-chinas-ai-sector-report-shows-2023-02-01/
  16. FastG

Taking the lump sum is the deal. Collecting royalties is tough, you need teams of people, lawyers and the like. Some big firms just pay, but chasing down all the monies owed is difficult time consuming and expensive. So these companies that buy catalogs already have that infrastructure, they...
  17. FastG

I think his catalog only goes back to 2010, so not bad for 13 years work. Graham
  18. FastG

It make me laugh some peoples responses, Bieber is a generational talent and star. Just because you do not like his work does not make the statement true. I am not a fan, could not name a single song, but that is not the point. Bieber is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with...
  19. FastG

Happy to be here from Gettysburg Pa

Welcome, keep an eye on the events forum. The Northeast region holds a couple of get together per year. We would be pleased to see you. Graham
  20. FastG

PS Audio nuwave dac vs topping D50s

It's like picking cars based on there dyno runs. I think its interesting information but about 15% on the buying process. Graham
  21. FastG

When did DACs become "A Thing"?

Your analogy about the 80s/90s CD players, did that all sound the same? No, could it be that the inbuilt DACs were better on some that others, very possibly. Graham
  22. FastG

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

I have a pair of Sony SS-K90ED, a real sleeper speaker, sound very good. Fully functional, grills not great, but frames good. Free to a good home, they are worth a listen. Graham
  23. FastG

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

I am planning on attending. I cannot get into Barter Town, But I have a Adcom GFA-555 I am not using, legendary amp, re-built by a member on the site with speaker relays so no danger to speakers on a failure. Ping me if your interested. Graham
  24. FastG

AkitikA GT-102 Z4 Power Amp Kit Build

Later model GT-102's have the single heat sink. Mine has the single. Love the amp by the way, amazing quality and value. Graham
  25. FastG

Bluesound Node or ??

I have 2 Node 2's, There is so much crap on the internet. One is on all the time, via an ethernet cable, connected to a Ares 2, the internal DAC is good the Ares is better. I did find the coax connection sounded the best. The second in my office is via WIFI. it's switched on when in use. neither...
Back
Top Bottom