Search results

1. morris_minor

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

I know I'm not selling my 7010!
  2. morris_minor

Any Technics linear tracking fans out there?

A good place to look for p-mount cartridges is LPGear. I still have an SL-QL1, and recently sold an SL-7 - and made this video before parting company with it:
  3. morris_minor

Denon DP-45F and Family Turntables

I love my Sony "Biotracer" - just waiting for something to go wrong with it!
  4. morris_minor

Idler wheel turntable opinions

Peter Reinders in the Netherlands makes his Solid9 and Solid12 turntables with refurbished Lenco motors/platters mounted in a custom top plate and a plinth made of Corian. There's an improved bearing available too. You can see/hear my Solid12/SME M2-12-r here.
  5. morris_minor

The turntable is a PTP Audio Solid12. It's got a Lenco motor/platter and a plinth made of 4 layers of Corian. I specified a fancy top layer :)
  6. morris_minor

Yamaha MC1-x on an SME M2-12-r tonearm. Sorry for crappy phone picture! The Yammy's claim to fame is a tapered beryllium tube cantilver.
  7. morris_minor

Here's my Kenwood KD7010 with a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star
  8. morris_minor

What TT's do you folks have

Here's my PTP Audio Solid12 - a Lenco based unit with an SME M2-12-r tonearm. Cartridges used include the Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star shown here, Ortofon Synergy GM SPU, Zyx R100, Hana EL and others . . . . More pictures are on my blog here. You can see/hear it in action on my YouTube...
  9. morris_minor

Trio/Kenwood KP-880D Info?

These Kenwood decks are a dream. You can see/hear my KD7010 (aka 990) in action in this YouTube playlist . My 7010 came from an eBay seller in Germany a few years ago.
  10. morris_minor

There were a number of reasons I wanted a Technics SL-10 or SL-7.

Please excuse the self-promotion, but my little hobby website may be of interest for lots of pictures of linear trackers, and a load of FLAC downloads of p-mount cartridge rips done on my modded SL-QL1. (AT, Empire, Grado, Sonus, Technics, Shure, Stanton, Pickering, Ortofon, Sony, ADC)...
  11. morris_minor

Post a picture of your turntable

I love the look of this! Congratulations :tresbon:
  12. morris_minor

Thanks! The 4500Q was a stylus produced for CD4 quadraphonic records if I recall. I was after one when I was in a cartridge buying mood a year ago but could only get the 625E. However, the 625E performs well; better on the Pioneer than on the Sony PS-X600 Biotracer I have where it tracks...
  13. morris_minor

It's in remarkable condition, Ken! Couple of issues I need to look at - the auto set-down point is a little too far in (and run-out pickup goes right to the locked groove), and there's a "belt-slipping" type sound on pickup set down when "cold" which lasts for about 20 seconds and then never...
  14. morris_minor

A new arrival for me is a Pioneer PL-L1000:
  15. morris_minor

. . and THAT is a lovely car! :yes: They don't make 'em like that any more; rather like classic turntables, really . .
  16. morris_minor

. . after my Dad's first car . .
  17. morris_minor

Now THAT is a lovely turntable!
  18. morris_minor

Benz Glider in a Sony Biotracer?

That's "yes" as in yes, that would work, I assume.... It gives another set of options. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  19. morris_minor

The Glider is a bit lighter than the Ace at 6.8gm. I don't have the additional counterweight unfortunately but the standard weight goes up to 7gm. This was one reason for passing over the Ace, which had been my original target. Just a thought though: because of the way the arm applies the...
  20. morris_minor

Thanks for the comments everyone . . . I'm just that bit closer to pulling the trigger, especially as I've just found a source of headshell shims . . . :)
  21. morris_minor

I have a Sony PS-X600 Biotracer TT and quite fancy trying a Benz Micro Glider HOMC. Since this is not a cheap cart I'd like to hear opinions from folk here on the wisdom of doing this, please . . Is the arm a good match, and would the lack of VTA adjustment make it a no-no? I run an...
  22. morris_minor

Here's three of mine - all on a Sony PS-X600 Biotracer. Pickering XV15-625E: SAE 1000E: Sony XL200 integrated headshell. Though this fits, with the correct geometry, it's too light to zero balance properly, being too light. Though not in the pictures, I now run this with some...
  23. morris_minor

Thanks for the welcome . . . It's Two door! I use the name for many reasons: It was my Dad's first car; Morris is a proper name (not mine, I'm Bob); and "minor" was a description added in posh British schools in the past to refer to a younger brother of an older pupil. Not so much Senior/Junior...
  24. morris_minor

Thank you! I thought I'd posted before, but obviously not! The camera's only a little Canon Ixus 95IS, so nothing special.
  25. morris_minor

Thanks! The Technics parallel trackers perform really well, and easily hold their own against many well-regarded current turntables. If you want to hear my tweaked QL1 head over here! (Shameless plug over . . ).
Back
Top Bottom