Search results

1. weber1

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

I agree and asked it knowing that it is a package deal to make the difference, but I had to ask. That is what I want to know. I am out of floor space. I need to sell the F3s and several other speakers and amps.
  2. weber1

My first Super Heresy build... Help!!

You're right. I am using the ones that you made for Rich on these. You did a great job making them.
  3. weber1

The SH that I put together were Heresy 1.5 and were not mine, so at some point, I had to put the original parts back in the cabinets and tell them goodbye. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I scored a pair of Heresy (again) for myself (I wanted them because of the veneer). It turns out that...
  4. weber1

You read what Mook said, other than to keep me away from the volume knob. I am not disappointed with the Kappalite. They can play to a stupid loud level and sound great doing it. If I had it to do over, I would start with the Celestion TF1225. They might be 100% as good as the Kappalite...
  5. weber1

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

I have a pair of Forte III and am curious about the 4s. Has anyone changed only one thing at a time? I am curious about what each change does.
  6. weber1

On a sad Klipsch note

He was out there and ahead of his time.
  7. weber1

First time powering used MC30

Thanks. Yes, the more I looked at them, the more surprised at how clean they were. That was a large reason they followed me home. I need to read and learn the things to do and not do and the general care for them.
  8. weber1

Absolutely
  9. weber1

Thanks for the replies. So far, so good. Used a VariAC to bring them up slowly and had no issues. Played a few of Holst's offerings from The Planets.
  10. weber1

Thanks for the response. I have no idea. I do know that they have been in a climate-controlled house, but not used for a few years. They were probably in queue to be used, but other amps were being used, rather than these.
  11. weber1

I scored a pair of MC30 and I want to make sure I power them up properly. I am not new to the audio world, but I am new to tube equipment. Are there a few steps that I should take, or things to check first? Some sort of VARIAC or lightbulb or something in case something isn't right. These are...
  12. weber1

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I just now bought my first McIntosh equipment. A C-26 Pre and an MC2505 amp. Before I picked those up, I was reading about the C-32 preamp and brought one of those home from the same road trip. Love the sound and features that they offer. A few weeks later (now), I have a MCD-7000 that needs...
  13. weber1

Yes, the Kappalite 3012HO. I am using Dave's SMAHL too with an E-2 network. I have ports that are in your link. I wanted flairs on both ends. The 4x4 I have was added to an order I placed from PE a few years ago. Looks like the B-52 is half the price of the 4" x 4".
  14. weber1

KPT-250 II's! Super theater heresy!?!

Mike, Thanks for the phone conversation, advice, and encouragement. I used the LF coil and cap that's on the stock KP250II board and the parts I have here to make up the mids and highs crossovers to do what's on the HF E-2 networks. I didn't have the T2A, but I do have the 3636, a few new...
  15. weber1

Yeah, these are a bit of a mess, but they are compact and, like you said, cheap.
  16. weber1

Thanks Mike. I thought it was a 6uF cap, but, since it wasn't marked like the others, I wasn't sure.
  17. weber1

It looks as if someone wasn't getting power to the positive side of the tweeter, so they snipped the wire and soldered it to the input positive terminal. I replaced the caps and put the yellow wire back and it ~ matches in sound to the one that wasn't violated. Does anyone know what the...
  18. weber1

I am enjoying tinkering with these. I like the voicing of the KP262 (church speakers). The HIIs are dialed in and sounding great. I haven't listened to the SH1.5 for a couple of days because of the problems I have with the KP250 (II). I call them 250 (II) because they were KP250 II, then I...
  19. weber1

Okay, I R&R the 2.5, 3.5, and 4uF caps in the second KP250 (II) and added the LMHAL. If I can get these to sound right, I will take them apart and refinish them. Pictured are KP262, KP250 (II), recapped HII (bottom right), and the SH1.5
  20. weber1

Did he fall off? I thought he jumped. Either way, the wagon is still on fire, so it's a good thing that he's not on that ride.
  21. weber1

I haven't listened to these for years. I figured I would play with them and see what they can sound like with ports. Hooked them up and they sounded like yuck.... surely the cups can't make that ugly sound. Opened one cabinet and found the networks like that. I didn't have all the caps I needed...
  22. weber1

It looks to be, but the terminal cups are not biamp ready.
  23. weber1

I would like to have a schematic for a KP2.5 network out of a KP250 II if someone could post one please. Thanks in advance
  24. weber1

I can't quite figure out what is wrong in this picture.
Back
Top Bottom