Search results

1. feds27

My Humble DIY build w/Audax Carbon-Fiber

I’m glad you mentioned the port. I picked up precision 2” flares port to go with it too. My cabinets are .38 cu ft curved 2-way from parts express. Looking up the Audax HM170C0 spec sheet on Madisound they recommend: 0.4 cubic foot box with 2" diameter port by 7" long has an F3 of 65Hz
  2. feds27

My Humble DIY build w/Audax Carbon-Fiber

Great job and thanks for the update. I have a pair of the HM170C0 drivers and the TW025A20 tweeters that I’ve been planning on installing in a cabinet similar to yours. I was planning on using an active crossover with them but I haven’t gotten around to routing out the baffles, so the project...
  3. feds27

How many of you have a Nakamichi CD player?

I recently picked up an OMS-7 with dual TDA1540 DACs and I’m surprised at how lush and full it sounds. I’m really enjoying it. I also have a CDP-2A with the TDA15141A DAC but I’ll need to fix the drawer mechanism before I can compare the two players side by side. I’ll probably do a partial...
  4. feds27

Tandberg Enthusiast

Tandberg Enthusiast
  5. feds27

Tandberg 3006A

Hi John, Thanks for replying to the thread. I’ll follow your advice and will pull the FETs to measure and regrease before firing it up. Are there any parameter values that are important when measuring the FETs? Do they need to measure a certain Idss? What sort of procedure should I follow...
  6. feds27

Tandberg 3006A

My latest project is a filthy 3006A. My current setup is a Tandberg TR-2080 driving a pair of Tandberg Studio Monitors. I’m debating recapping the Studio Monitors as some of the caps aren’t measuring to spec and the crossover has a Frako cap on each channel. Anyway, I’ll open a separate thread...
  7. feds27

Tandberg 2025 - dim lights

I think I found the issue. The program Select board fuse is supposed to be a 6V 3W festoon bulb type but a 12V 3W bulb is installed instead. I'll swap it to the correct fuse and see what happens. thanks.
  8. feds27

Tandberg 2025 - dim lights

If one of the lamps is incorrect, would that affect all? I think this may be the case with my 2075. I only replaced the burned out bulbs with correct bulbs but they light up dim. I'm guessing have to find the culprit by removing them all and testing.
  9. feds27

Best Vintage Preamp

Threshold Fet10 Nakamichi CA7 Yamaha c2x Tandberg 3002a 3008a McIntosh All great
  10. feds27

Mounting Vinyl Records on a Wall

Here's an idea, you can load the photos of the album jackets onto your pc and use a mosaic program to help you layout the albums to make a bigger picture. Then replicate it on your wall.
  11. feds27

DIY Vinyl Cleaning Machine with Rotary Brush.

And the Titebond II test. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2993462&postcount=508
  12. feds27

DIY Vinyl Cleaning Machine with Rotary Brush.

Nicely done! http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/218276-my-version-ultrasonic-record-cleaner.html A nice ultrasonic cleaner alternative.
  13. feds27

Top 3 receivers of all time

1) Tandberg TR 2080 2) Pioneer SX-1980 3) Sansui G-22000
  14. feds27

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

WOW! on the KEFs
  15. feds27

Papi Chulo's back!

It looks like his Sansui au-a907 plus cd will be closing on the auction site in 16hrs. Poor bidders don't have a clue.
  16. feds27

Any reason NOT to use a low-leakage electrolytic cap?

The nichicon website has a nice chart mapping out their different series and what their ideal use is. For power supplies it looks like ripple current and low impedance maybe good traits but I'm no expert. Not sure what impact a low leak cap would have on a power supply but interested in hearing...
  17. feds27

Papi Chulo's back!

He got negative feedback today on that userid rego_rego. Bait and switch scam.
  18. feds27

Papi Chulo's back!

Another thought....if you check his other ebay ads, why are the items photographed in different surroundings? Wouldn't most people setup a table and swap out the equipment as they are photographing them? If they were connected and in racks, I could see different surroundings, but these are...
  19. feds27

He shoots, he SCROES!!

Well done, congrats.
  20. feds27

Papi Chulo's back!

This looks like the Sansui AU-907 Limited ad that was posted on Audiogon a couple of months ago. His account was closed by Audiogon shortly after I had contacted him. He listed the integrated with the CD player at the time. I noticed the ebay ad also lists the integrated with the CD player...
  21. feds27

Is it normal for SS bias to vary with temperature?

I had the same question and started another thread when I couldn't find this one. I'm listing the link here so others can find both threads in the future..... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=520780
  22. feds27

Temperature and Bias setting

I was searching for something else and finally found another thread on the topic so I'm linking it here so others can find it in the future....similar discussion..... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=514461&highlight=distortion+testing
  23. feds27

Thanks Terry, that's very helpful.
  24. feds27

Hi, I adjusted the bias of my Tandberg 2075 MKII per the service manual, about 10 minutes after I had switched it on (when the voltage seemed to stop rising across the bias resistors and seemed stable). I set them per the factory spec at 40mV. I closed up the unit and used it for a few hours...
  25. feds27

Choosing a dummy load for bench testing

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the 8ohm 200watt ones. skibjr, you're right, I meant 2 x 4ohms in series would double the the impedance. I saw that in Echowars recommended equipment sticky he says he uses 2 x 4ohms for each channel. I was trying to figure out why he would do that.
Back
Top Bottom