Search results

1. D

What's The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done?

Naw, I know a guy who divorced and remarried the same women EIGHT times. Not me, I swear. Same guy also has four PhD's. (Not post hole diggers).
  2. D

What is your occupation?

Retired weapon engineer from NM national lab. Former USMC EW Systems tech. Radar Homing and Warning, jamming pods, chaff and flare dispensers, mostly on F-4's.
  3. D

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Brought back a lot of memories. At one time I had every Atomic Rooster LP. Reminds me of the foil covered Frigid Pink LP...
  4. D

McIntosh on SNL

I made my wife memorize the lyrics to the LCD Soundsystem song "Yeah."
  5. D

McIntosh owner (finally)

Congratulations! I bought my MC2205 in 2013. Like you, I've always wanted one but couldn't afford one in the 1970s when I bought my first stereo system for about $1800. The MC2205 was selling for about $1500 at the base stereo shop in 1977, so I bought mostly Sansui gear. All that gear is...
  6. D

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Marantz Model 300DC at night (scary face) Marantz Model 3800 Marantz2110
  7. D

Horns.

Hello Merdy- those are Iwata horns. JBL 2446H compression drivers, sitting on top of JBL 4648A-8 cabinets. I use a AN Kit 1 300B for the cd's, and a McIntosh MC2205 for the bottom.
  8. D

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Rare Earth- Get Ready
  9. D

Horns.

Honk if you're horny:
  10. D

Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

Thanks! Those are Iwata-300's, with JBL 2446H Compression Drivers behind them. Top end sound is driven with a AN Kit 1 300 Tube amp assembled by me. MC2205 driving the big JBL 4648A-8's. Both amps are connected to a dbx active crossover and Krell PAM-7 preamp. I'm still happy/surprised that...
  11. D

Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

How's everybody doing? Retired from Sandia Labs in 2015, moved to So. Cal so my wife could care for her aging parents. One thing I didn't like about Southern CA was putting up Christmas lights in shorts. Back home in ABQ for good! I sold most of my tubes, testers, curve tracer and power...
  12. D

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Please post photo without the car!
  13. D

Does it seem like the activity at AK has slowed?

I don't usually go onto forums seeking opinions about life, relationships, politics or religion. At the risk of being banned again I'll say that the grumpy owner of this here forum pissed me off and then banned me from his precious forum. It doesn't matter that my banishment was caused...
  14. D

Southern California Registry

Looks good. You can save as a STEP file that I can use in Fusion 360 or SolidWorks.
  15. D

That wouldn't be cool. What CAD software do you use? I ask because if you use Fusion 360 or SolidWorks, you can send me the STEP files.
  16. D

Yes. How many of each do you want? You would have to apply the coating. Can you send a measured drawing, CAD model or parts? Dan
  17. D

Hi Guys! Yes Mr. Creosote, 12AX7, 6V6 and 6SN7's are easy to test. Also, sounds like you're working on a Tweed Champ 5F1? My son and I built one from a kit last year. Send me a PM, I can lend you some new tubes that are tested and known good, or sell them to you for a great price. Mr...
  18. D

Mr. Creosote-- what part of So Cal are you located? What tubes do you want to test? If you're near Pasadena, and depending on the tube(s) you want to test, you can use either my B&K 707 of Hickok tester.
  19. D

Thanks, Toddalin. Nice gear!
  20. D

Hello Mr. Creosote- I have a Hickok 580A and a B&K 707. I'm not a tube snob or anything like that. Both were given to me, along with about 1000 various tubes. My neighbor was a retired JPL engineer who lost his hearing before he passed away. I take public transportation to and from work...
  21. D

Thank you! My brother in law is from Costa Mesa.
  22. D

Greetings! Dan C, aka Duke Pasadena Most of my gear is now in the garage because my wife and mother in law don't like my music choice or the volume. It's okay, I've got a refrigerator and nobody counting how many beers I've had. I can help out with tube testing, have access to machine...
  23. D

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

This McIntosh MC2205 can push the low/mid end on these JBL speakers like my 92 year-old mother in law can push out turds in the morning after eating prunes.
  24. D

Just saw a 2270 go for $2,291.66 on ebay!!

Supply and demand. I bought a Marantz 300DC, Marantz 3800 and Marantz 2110 for around $3k. Was it too much? For me, no. All three were nearly perfect and as advertised. AND- none of these items needed any work. I did adjust one channel for DC balance and blow out cobwebs from the 300DC...
  25. D

Best way to use Marantz o-scope?

Thanks, thx dave! I'll soon be retiring from the Department of Redundancy Dept./bureaucracy and you better believe the scope will be running if someone visits!
Back
Top Bottom