Search results

1. Steve.

KLH Computer Controlled Loudspeakers. Any owners?

Does anyone own the KLH 1, , , or 3 ? I have the owner's manual, troubleshooting manual, and brochure in excellent condition. Send me a PM and I will mail them to you.
  2. Steve.

Lab12 DAC1 Reference

I own this DAC. I bought it with the intent of trading it up within a year for something 2 X the cost. It sounds so good I am pretty sure I'm going to keep it. It is engaging and totally non fatiguing.
  3. Steve.

EL34 recommendations

The JJ EL34 tube is great... awesome tone .
  4. Steve.

Tube pin cleaning w/magic eraser - quick n’ easy fix!

I just had to log in and say thanks !!!!! My c-j preamp is fussy when it comes to tubes. Not a perfect tube and I have hissssss. Nothing more irritating to me than noise. I had a brand new 6922 that I thought I would have to use as a driver tube in one of my amps because it was noisy in...
  5. Steve.

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Recently ordered a Toolshed Amps 300b.....will be a little while before I receive it. A Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 followed me home the other night.... it happens. I was actually looking for a preamp for my brother and I stumbled across it. $500 , I couldn't pass it up. That was one of those...
  6. Steve.

Klipsch, love em or hate em?

The Forte IVs are pretty awesome in my opinion. I've had a number of decent speakers and none have sounded like live music as these do.
  7. Steve.

Klipsch, love em or hate em?

Such a polarizing topic.... I am LOVING my Forte IV. They are such a fun speaker to listen to. Not perfect but make me dig out all my old music and rediscover it. These are not my first Klipsch.... I have had KG 1.5 , KG4. Heresy II., CF 4 , Heresy III , and lastly the Forte IV. In...
  8. Steve.

New Forte IV on the Klipsch web site

I've had the Forte IV for about 3 weeks and they are fantastic. Going from H3 to these was a huge step up. I think the $500 premium over the F III was worth it.
  9. Steve.

The price of concert tickets today.... What's your take?

I would love to see a concert this summer but tickets are ridiculous. I live about 20 min from Great Woods in Mansfield MA... thats what i knew it as. It officially comcast or xfinity center now. The last few shows I saw were tickets I won on the radio. How can the average person afford...
  10. Steve.

Tube Amp Storage....

Retrovert is right on about his method of storage with dessicant in a bag. Keeping the tubes in is also a good idea unless you are transporting it. If I do remove tubes I always note what socket they came from, V1, V2, etc. I do it mostly so when I do put them back in , my matched pairs...
  11. Steve.

Why aren’t all digital disc players have SACD capability ?

Many Blu Rays will spin them but SACD died commercially a long time ago. My OPPO plays them through analog out and via HDMI at 24 /88.2k into my DAC. I have a small collection of SACD and I'll be honest , there are a few that don't sound as good as their 44.1k counterpart. Don't know if it's...
  12. Steve.

Low output from Integrated amp, tube pre

Ok, hopefully is just a weak tube
  13. Steve.

Low output from Integrated amp, tube pre

Many streaming devices also have a volume utility in tHe software....any chance that is too low? Plus a preamp into an integrated leaves you with cascading volume controls. The integrated's volume needs to be high enough for enough gain to its amp section.
  14. Steve.

Electro-Harmonix 6CA7 big bottle?

Some folks love them, I found them to sound dark .... not for me. In just a few months I had one red plate in my Anthem Amp 1....took out a cathode resistor in tje process
  15. Steve.

Incorporating a sub in a 2 channel tube system

If it has L+R outs that are in parallel with the main pres that is the easiest route. A sub will give you the lower registers you are missing, you will retain that warm sound because your main are driven by the Mc 60s and your tube pre is driving the sub. I have a pair of Heresy III with...
  16. Steve.

Tapeless deck

I think I'd rather buy a Tascam or Denon / Marantz SD -USB solid state recorder.
  17. Steve.

When//how/how much do you listen to music?

About an hour before I go to work i listen to my ho e system, I get in my van listen to it's crappy AM/FM with 5" door speakers for any where between 2 and 4 hours of driving....then about 4 hours each night I listen to my system again .....
  18. Steve.

I had an HGS 10, my Dad still uses one daily in his HT. Great sub but I think only the. 15 and 18s had speaker level. That 10 was one of the best subs I"ve ever owned... you can convert speaker level to RCA but you would not want to use one stereo adapter , you would need 2 . Something...
  19. Steve.

Easy to do if you have a sub that has speaker level inputs. Connect the right and left input to each respective amp like any other speaker. It's an easy load , or if the preamp has two pre outs you could go RCA line level which is preferred. You can also use a "Y" splitter at the Mc's...
  20. Steve.

The 90 Pound Elephant In the Room - Cornwall IIs

Simply Speakers has the Ti mid diaphram, it looks exactly like the one I pulled out . I believe it is OEM, if not it is excellent quality.
  21. Steve.

Your opinion on your favorite tube pre for under $500 and for under $1000

Great pre that sometimes pops up around a grand? Conrad Johnson Classic.... excellent sounding pre.
  22. Steve.

Very odd noises in left channel

I had some weird noises , like a little bit of electronic garbage coming through one channel. Naturally thlugh it was a tube. Tried everything, found out by accident that it was one of those plug in air fresheners in another room....
  23. Steve.

Love for LOW power receivers/amps

My garage system is a 15 watt Technics rec and a pair of Klipsch KG1.... plenty of power. Main system is a pair of 40w PP amps driving Heresy III , overkill I've owned some power hungry speakers and some mega power amps and none have been as dynamic and live sounding as the Heresy /...
  24. Steve.

Who to Blame? Recordings or System?

My system sounds great with excellent recordings, but not so much with lesser quality recordings. It's disappointing how many bad "remastered" recordings out there.
  25. Steve.

What tube pre amp is this?

Get in touch with Bottehead , I'm sure they can help
Back
Top Bottom