Search results

1. diamondsouled

Any good deals on new & efficient book shelf speakers?

Have a buddy that's looking for a decent book shelf sized speaker that sounds good. I have several old pairs myself but live too far away to gift him a pair. Told him I'd ask the folks here on AK what's new, efficient, and affordable. Cheers! Lar
  2. diamondsouled

tube preamp mated with class d amplifier

I matched up my elcheapo Music Angel Marantz 7 clone amp with a elcheapo T amp and it sounded amazing!
  3. diamondsouled

AK Retiree Club

Retired a few years ago. Here's a Dzogchen thing about being retired. "Mind and body are profoundly relaxed-uncontrived and genuinely present. Like an easygoing person who has nothing more to do, mind and body rest in whatever way is comfortable, for there is no tension or looseness. " ~...
  4. diamondsouled

My Great Great Heil DIY Speakers

Funny thing I actually paired some Great Heils with a pair of Sony APM 33ES speakers. These were the version with the dome tweeter which was prone to blowing. Just used an old AMT-1A crossover I had lying around, with new poly caps of course, it was the crossover version with the smaller value...
  5. diamondsouled

Altec Valencia = Heathkit AS-101

If you do decide to go three way you might find the JBL bullet a bit too directional. I tried adding bullets to my home built Valencia's back in 1975 and found them way too directional. Ended up with slots and quite liked them. Ended up selling those DIYs around 1982. Lucked across a pair of...
  6. diamondsouled

After market diaphragms, a good deal or not?

Thanks! Would love to throw some beryllium's in these 2441s. Have read a bunch of eBay reviews on the after market ones and they are glowing mostly. Jammin Jersey has some used but like new factory 16 ohm diaphragms. Will have to think over my options. Will be running the 2441s as the mids...
  7. diamondsouled

After market diaphragms, a good deal or not?

Need to pick up an 8 ohm diaphragm for a JBL 2441 driver. A friend kindly lent me a pair with lens to try out in my system but when I went to check ohmage one came in at 7.6 and the other at 14.7. Oddly the diaphragm was labeled as being 16 ohm. Go figure must have been a Friday at Radian. Have...
  8. diamondsouled

R.I.P. to jaymanaa you my friend will be missed forever

RIP Jay. Gone too soon. My thoughts with Suzie, your family and friends.
  9. diamondsouled

Happy Birthday to diamondsouled!

Thanks for all the B-Day wishes folks! Warms this gnarly old heart. Need to be spending more time here at AK with this fine circle of fellow audio enthusiasts! Am waiting patiently for my first Old Age Pension check lol! Not a lot of deneros but good for some beers, combustibles, some tubes...
  10. diamondsouled

Biggest fish I've ever caught!

Fried it up. Even ate the cheeks. Was delicious! Still have a huge piece in the freezer.
  11. diamondsouled

Biggest fish I've ever caught!

Been fishing all my life but never caught a fish this size. Ten pound Walleye! Fun!
  12. diamondsouled

What are you drinking now?

Brewed this beer with a friend. 10 pounds of 2 row, 1 pound of 6 row, black patent malt, roasted barley, chocolate malt, bakers chocolate, ginger root, licorice root, juniper berries, 1 cup of molasses. From a recipe in Joy of Home Brewing called Goat Scrotum Ale, or Tumultuous Porter. Amazing...
  13. diamondsouled

1970 Gold Monarch tube price list

My goodness. If we'd only known! Cheers Lar
  14. diamondsouled

My first SE 2A3 amp, impressions

Funny to see this thread still going five years later.
  15. diamondsouled

Any Tragically Hip fans out there....

Don't own any of their records, saw them live September 6, 2013 in Moose Jaw and enjoyed it. Saw Sloan in a much smaller venue a couple years later and I have to say I enjoyed their show much more. Have never been a big fan of vibrato in vocals though.
  16. diamondsouled

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Remember seeing this show when it first aired. What an amazing line up. What I remember most distinctly is how Weather Report blew Little Feat off the stage. I was flabbergasted cause I loved them both. Weather Report took it to the next level.
  17. diamondsouled

Jazz Fusion Playlist

One of my favorite Jan Hammer discs:
  18. diamondsouled

Happy Birthday to diamondsouled!

Thanks guys! Haven't been on a while and missed the B-Day greetings. Finally cooling off here and the forest fire smoke clearing off.
  19. diamondsouled

Happy 60th Birthday to audiodon!

Have a great B-Day Don and enjoy some tunes through tubes!
  20. diamondsouled

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Robert Fripp String Quintet.
  21. diamondsouled

Farmhouse haul

Wow!
  22. diamondsouled

R.I.P. Kegger

Haven't been on for a while and was shocked to hear this sad news. RIP Paul. Healing vibes for your mom and dad. Kegger was/is one of those pillars of the community that will never be forgotten and who will leave a positive legacy for all time.
Back
Top Bottom