Search results

1. don philipe

Recommendation for a FM antennae for vintage receiver.

I second what Oerets said.I use rabbit ears on my Marantz 2285 and it works great,really pulls in the stations and I live out in the boonies.
  2. don philipe

Marantz 250 restoration recommendations

Try Blagstrom up in Washington. He's on the forum,Done work for me,reasonable and good turnaround.
  3. don philipe

Marantz prices,through the roof

Anyone notice what a2275 is going for on the bay? $2000 in original cond.
  4. don philipe

Must have receivers

I can't believe what there getting for Marantz recievers on e bay. $2000 for a 2275 original cond. Holy crap!!
  5. don philipe

Hitachi Turntables? Any experience?

I have a Hitachi HT-550, I think thats the number,I'm not in my studio now.It's really a beautiful table but when I bought it ran kind of wonky speed wise.I recapped it and now it;s right on the money.Not a big job,about ten caps and easy to get at.
  6. don philipe

Is there a piece of equipment that you absolutely swear by?

My Marantz 2285B,absolutely killer. Also my zen tube amp from Decware.
  7. don philipe

Tips, Tricks, Cheats and Shortcuts

Doug,I was just about to offer the green magic marker trick and you beat me to it.
  8. don philipe

Lightning protection

If I know there is going to be an electrical storm I unplug my system. Simple protection.
  9. don philipe

Any fans of Alan Watts out there ?

Never read illusions,maybe it's not too late.
  10. don philipe

Foods you are literally addicted to.

Coffee and ciggs.non filter American Spirit. Popcorn is a staple with me,I make it the old way in a pot on the stove with a little oil.Got a special pot for my corn. Try garlic powder and soy sauce and a little ceyane pepper and butter of course.The soy takes care of the salt.
  11. don philipe

Any fans of Alan Watts out there ?

I met Alan Watts in Ann Arbor back in the '70's,devoured all his books.There was a group of us that became very aware of cosmic consciousness back then and we wrote him a letter asking what to do next and he wrote back "flowering branches grow,some long some short" Stuck with me my whole...
  12. don philipe

Fm antenna

I use an old TV rabbit ears.Works great,I get lots of fm and I live way outin the boonies.
  13. don philipe

OK.. I am not a "Conspiracy theorist" BUT...

This is some conversation,I need to take more of my meds.
  14. don philipe

Best FM antenna in area with poor reception

I use an old set of rabbit ears inside and get great FM.I also live way out in the boonies far from any FM towers. Now my tuner is a Marantz 2285 which has a great FM section. Years ago I did the tv antenna outside which worked quite well although I had to go out and turn it occasionally to...
  15. don philipe

not meant to start an argument, serious question

To my ears my system is perfect,no need for improvement.
  16. don philipe

Best way to clean a CD player lens...

Check out my relply on the first page of this thread."why some cd's won't play"
  17. don philipe

Why do some CDs not play?

This worked for me, a friend had a player that would not play certain cd's so we cleaned the disc's with a microfibre cloth and removed the cover from the player and cleaned the lens that reads the disc with a q tip and a bit of alcohol. everything worked fine after that.I've done the twice and...
  18. don philipe

Redmond WA Sansui Au-555a Integrated KLH Speakers

Blhagstrom,you refurbished my 555au a while back,I wouldn't take anything less than 400 for it.Those are real nice sounding amps.
  19. don philipe

Upgrade to Marantz 2285B from 2250?

The 2285b has an amazing fm tuner.I get tons of stations and my antenna is an old pair of rabbit ears,also I live way out in the boonies. The amp is also running a turntable,cd player and an Oppo 95.Speakers are AR 2ax's and JBL 36,s It handles everything really well,I rarely turn it up to10 or...
  20. don philipe

How can I hook up a vintage receiver, to a new TV, and be able to control the volume but mute the TV

GD70,I run my tv thru the DVD player and into my 2285 ,Push the tape button to engage sound. Use the headphone out from tv.The dvd player remote will control volume.
  21. don philipe

Best YouTube playback

Excellent tune and well recorded,thanx for posting.I just went to Amazon and ordered some Chet vinyl.
  22. don philipe

Help with turntable not keeping speed please?

I have a Hitachi table that wavered in speed,after cleaning everything and lubricating to no avail I finally recapped it.10caps on one circuit board easy job and my first recap,fixed the speed problem.
Back
Top Bottom