Search results

1. Brindabella

Nightwisher's New Luxman's Room and Beyond

Hi Nightwisher, I am deadly curious on your listening opinion of the Technics SB 7000a. Here in Australia you'd be lucky to see one pair every couple years come up for sale but I am determined to find a pair....every speaker has their own story to tell but in your opinion would they add listen...
  2. Brindabella

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

Thank you for the journey, watching and waiting for the final result.
  3. Brindabella

Which comes first .. the amp or the speakers ???

Speakers, amp , speaker placement + stands, source....if it is a tt - cartridge, cables and IC's and finally bourbon. Each to their own, to many ways to get your audio kick, do what sets your hair on fire. Rob :)
  4. Brindabella

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Bought another one of these on the weekend...... Kenwood M2 - gotta spare C1 to go with it, oh and a pair of KEF 105.2 very yummy. Rob :)
  5. Brindabella

A serious question.

Me thinks you under estimate those we share the planet with.......if you put music on and your hips start a swaying then I reckon you've got a pretty good handle on what's going on. Clearly, you didn't bother ask them their opinion on the matter! But to respond to the real reason we...
  6. Brindabella

A serious question.

Oky doky And the two 10 and 11 year old boys who occupy a room in the zoo that is my home who won't sleep unless Enya is playing and after 6 weeks of no school they have reverted to their natural state, a pair of feral animals. Rob :)
  7. Brindabella

A shocking find while browsing the Wayback machine

Three notifications alerts all from Romeo, you bored! Everyone here in Australia are barricaded behind doors, we're bored too. But as long as the postal service keeps delivering cd's all is good. The Zenith's and that onkyo are delivering a sweet sound. Rob :)
  8. Brindabella

Waiting for your package to be delivered is like:

Gotta be happy with that! Rob :)
  9. Brindabella

It looks like the fella's over at Hitachi got Akai to design the HA-2?? Mind you, I always liked Akai's styling. Rob :)
  10. Brindabella

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

I present from loving personal experience the following (17mins you won't get back):
  11. Brindabella

You can never tell with cats, spying to: determine why my human slave is not lavishing me with attention :bowdown: stare into your brain repeating the mantra 'feed me' :rant: deciding if this is a good spot to attack your ankles :yikes: make sure you're secretly not a dog person :eek: plot...
  12. Brindabella

What have you accomplished this weekend?

'Walking or granny gear' not a term we use here, luv it! They're my new go to explanations from now on. Thanks.
  13. Brindabella

What have you accomplished this weekend?

Saturday - I bought on ebay some tall steel speaker stands thinking they'll be perfect for my JBL L15's....happy to report they are perfect. I also ordered and arrived in time for the weekend some quality orange oil and polished a few sets of speakers and the smell is intoxicating. Sunday -...
  14. Brindabella

Sold so many of these back in the day..... Rob :)
  15. Brindabella

AIWA users thread here!

It is a really good deck, so easy to use.....still gives me joy today. Rob :)
  16. Brindabella

AIWA users thread here!

Ohhhhhh I wish I had one........so many buttons and pretty lights (drool) I can see my Aiwa living happily under this! Rob :)
  17. Brindabella

I was a full time staffer for Miss Molly (gone six years and irreplaceable) a black and white ball of fluffy naughty mischief. Five pm everyday Miss Molly would enter the pantry, jump up on the shelf where her cat food was stored and proceed to push one can at a time off the shelf with a clang...
  18. Brindabella

AIWA users thread here!

I have one of these since new! Stunning! Does the mean I can join the squad? Rob :)
  19. Brindabella

Kraut's New Listening Space

Love your posts, as the kids would say "so jelly at your mad skills man" Rob :)
  20. Brindabella

Don't skimp on speaker cables, they are important...

Regrettably, I am no science geek, my brain is not 'wired' the right way!! But I do experiment and enjoy challenging audio myths through personal experience and not quote articles or engage in a group think mentality. In 1982 I worked in a hifi store with two owners. One was a true...
  21. Brindabella

It's all in the eye of the beholder.....errr I mean the ear of the beholder. Rob :)
  22. Brindabella

Just curious botrytis what were you trying achieve/contribute from your recent above posts? Rob :)
  23. Brindabella

I follow this thread and me suspects you give yourself a bucket load of Christmas presents throughout the year! All of them very cool! Rob :)
  24. Brindabella

"First reflection"...what it means, why it's important, how to find it

I wonder if a concrete 40x40cm garden paver and glue on some rubber feet or furniture pads (not scratch any un-carpeted floor) could assist? This is what I have done, it worked for me. Rob :)
Back
Top Bottom