Search results

1. ReliefAshama

Today's JAZZ playlist

Bought this one on a whim a month or so ago - Robert Glasper Trio - Covered. Blue Note, 2015. It's a trio, piano jazz and it seems to fit with a lot of things, not just Sunday morning.
  2. ReliefAshama

Today's JAZZ playlist

Agreed. Bought that one the moment it came out and it's terrific.
  3. ReliefAshama

What Follows Van Morrison?

Thanks for the heads-up on John Martyn and Dave Van Ronk. I'm not familiar with either of them. Well, until today. SaSi - I spun it twice. Again after a side of Coltrane. Then, out into the cold rain to finish cleaning the yard. Seemed right.
  4. ReliefAshama

Yeah. That's what it feels like after Van Morrison. Look at responses here, we're following Van with Van. My albums are trembling, none want to follow. Ha ha.
  5. ReliefAshama

Quickly spun some Coltrane so I could recover. Veedon Fleece, his lost masterpiece. I like your style. Playing....pffft! Back to the question.
  6. ReliefAshama

Astral Weeks is wrapping up and I'm there, so, you know... What to Follow? Silence? Is that it? Is music over, have I reached the end?
  7. ReliefAshama

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Hard to say who spoke, speaks the most fluent guitar. If you said SRV, who could say you were wrong? Saw him in '89 in Mansfield, MA. There were others, too, but...
  8. ReliefAshama

Record Store Day 2015 Purchases/Listening

Took daughter to visit a college on her list. Ended up going to the record store ~ 3:30 because I wanted that Junior Wells album and I knew there would be a copy left. The place was deeserted. Picked that up as well as the James Cotton and Charlie Musslewhite albums. Junior Wells - It's My...
  9. ReliefAshama

Suggestions for cat proofing a house please?

One does not 'train' a cat. I used to think that was possible, too. No. You appease them and show them a bit of affection now and then and play with them now and again and make a safe environment for them. You also must clean the litter box daily and understand that you don't put the water...
  10. ReliefAshama

Hello from Worcester, MA

Wustah, huh. Remember carving my name at Coney Island and I am pretty sure that I will live forever having eaten many a burger at Ralph's. Welcome and good luck with the 17's.
  11. ReliefAshama

Are you snowed in? In that case, what are you doing to ride out the storm?

I was thinking Pink Floyd today, too, but instead we are watching disaster movies. Seems fitting.
  12. ReliefAshama

Favorite Male Vocalists

Bon Scott Joe Williams Gregory Porter Tony Bennett Ronnie James Dio Paul Rogers John Lee Hooker Nat King Cole Meatloaf Dr. Girlfriend...wait.
  13. ReliefAshama

One Hit Wonders of the Pop Variety

1978; we sang it in chorus. :sigh:
  14. ReliefAshama

Bands / Artists with ONE Album You Really Love, But Not So Much Their Others

I second U2's Joshua Tree. You can keep the rest.
  15. ReliefAshama

Which 5 tracks changed your life?

American Pie Sweet Jane Pick one from Bob Dylan... Maybe I'm Amazed The Load Out/Stay Hard to pick 5. American Pie, though; saw Don on a little stage on a stool playing that one Saturday morning on TV. He stopped my young self dead in my tracks and I sat, mesmerized, by the whole of it...
  16. ReliefAshama

vinyl cleaners

http://spinemup.com/cleaning-record-albums/ I made a goofy video
  17. ReliefAshama

Yahoo email - Is anyone else suffering? Suggestions?

I have many web based email accounts. My favorite is operamail because it's super fast and has all the features I would never use, which are important to some. Operamail started out as such a decade or so ago and then Fastmail took it over. Fastmail has always handled to workings for operamail...
  18. ReliefAshama

Rosetta and Philae Success!

"some get a kick from cocaine I'm sure that if I took even one sniff, that would bore me terrifically, too" But this, this is exciting. We landed on a comet!! Even my teenagers think it's cool.
  19. ReliefAshama

WOOHOO! Party Time - Playlist

'Course I played some Sly and the Family Stone-Greatest Hits, and I did think of Dr. John, but, alas, it was after I let the boy run with his playlist. All good. Good time...
  20. ReliefAshama

WOOHOO! Party Time - Playlist

I posted this to *cough* another forum but I am still too new there, moderated. We're having a bash today - celebrating 4 birthdays and end-of-summer(ish). Big crowd of all ages and the boy and I each have our own ideas for a playlist - he's 13, I'm, well, almost 50. We have 100 years of...
  21. ReliefAshama

Speaker Cable under $200

Lamp cord. Radio Shack spool 12 guage.
  22. ReliefAshama

What will your spouse do with your audio system when she becomes a widow?

I just asked my wife: Say I die tomorrow, what are you gonna do with the gear? She said: Nothing, listen to it. Yeah. :banana:
  23. ReliefAshama

Saturday Tunes

Joe Williams & Count Basie Joe Williams & Count Basie "Memories Ad-Lib" You just can't go wrong with this album. Sweeeeeeet nuggets.
  24. ReliefAshama

Is Yamaha underrated? Your opinion please!

I have always considered Yamaha to be one of the better values-for-the-buck in audio gear. I have 3 pieces of their middle-of-the-road gear and they are all much better than that.
Back
Top Bottom