Search results

1. deeezy

Cornwall score of a lifetime!!

I picked up my Cornwalls from the street for free when someone around the corner from my house left them out for the trash. I had to play them for my wife to convince her to let me keep them. Enjoy!
  2. deeezy

Pulling in stereo radio on 500-C - very distorted

I have had a similar problem with my 500c as well, with the stations sounding distorted on the "stereo" setting. I employed a foolproof 2 step method that should be much easier than the aforementioned solutions: 1. Set your knob to "FM Mono" 2. Don't give a crap so much about stereo I'm a...
  3. deeezy

Fisher 500C

My 500c powers the Cornwalls I recently picked up, and it sounds great! The only thing I don't like is a slight hum when nothing is playing, due to the high efficiency of the Cornwalls. When I hook them up to my SS Fisher amp, there is no hum. A small price to pay, though, because that 500c is...
  4. deeezy

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Just grabbed a pair of Cornwalls off of the sidewalk for free yesterday, and they sound great with my Fisher 500C!
  5. deeezy

Klipsch Cornwall CBR

OK, just hooked them up to the 500c, and playing one of my favorite test records - WOW! How did I ever live before I heard these speakers? The best part is, the wife is letting me keep them in the dining room/living room setup (I made her listen to one of her favorites on them first!). Thanks...
  6. deeezy

Klipsch Cornwall CBR

Hey gang, been awhile since I posted on here. I was walking my dog today, and saw what looked like a pair of dirty cabinets across the street left out for the trash, but since I always look more closely to see if it's audio, I crossed the street, finding to my amazement a pair of slightly beat...
  7. deeezy

Pink Floyd Reissues

I just found out that Pink Floyd will be reissuing its catalog on vinyl. Does anyone know if these will be analog reissues or digital? Or who will be doing the mastering?
  8. deeezy

Fisher 500c knob caps

Why a plain one for the tuning knob?
  9. deeezy

Anyone else into prog, jazz and metal?

Yes, love all three, jazz, prog, and metal, in that order. Jazz is the true classical music of America. Prog is often overlooked, but in my opinion is the beautiful sound of rock dying. Metal is often underestimated because of the hairstyles and what-not, but in its upper ranks displays a level...
  10. deeezy

Reference piano recordings vs others.. and to help you dial your system

Check out anything put out by Columbia in the 50's or 60's. I have a white label promo of Glenn Gould with Bernstein conducting Beethoven's second piano concerto, and it sounds freaking incredible.
  11. deeezy

Fisher 500c knob caps

Hey all, I haven't posted in quite some time (been insanely busy with nursing school), but I have a question I don't think anybody but the wonderfully obsessive audionuts on AK can help me with. I recently purchased a gorgeous 500c from an estate sale (don't ask me how early I got in line to bag...
  12. deeezy

For the breast awareness people on a budget

Ha! Cool. I have a classmate who loves Hello Kitty, but she's 20 years old, so I'm sure she has no need for a radio/cd/cassette player. BTW, AB rocks, and I actually believe him when he said he didn't mean to kick the punter in the face. I laughed my ass off when it happened though.
  13. deeezy

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

"Revolver" new mono reissue. Sounds freaking incredible. If you're a Beatles fan, and you haven't checked out these reissues yet, you absolutely must.
  14. deeezy

Hating Opera

Try Bizet's "Carmen", always a crowd pleaser.
  15. deeezy

Mingus Ah Um, reissues in general

You should visit Pittsburgh sometime and check out Jerry's Records. That's where I bought my original copy of Ah Um, in great shape for about $6, as I recall.
  16. deeezy

Kind of Off Topic, but how many of you are Hi-Fi and RADIO/Ham/CB People As Well???

I would love a HAM radio, but I also love my wife. She draws the line at HAM radio and reel to reel.
  17. deeezy

Why is there no 78 sub forum?

I can count the number of threads I've come across that were specifically about 78's on one hand, even with fingers missing. I'm a big 78 fan, and there are a few other out there, but all you need to do is start a 78 thread in "Turntables" and they will show up.
  18. deeezy

Stromberg Carlson treasure hunt

I don't know anything about it, but that's a gorgeous looking console. If it is tube, I would ask about it in the tube forum, you might get some good info. I like how nicely it fits in that small space, bypassing the usual "wife freaking out" feature that comes with most consoles.
  19. deeezy

AM Radio - The bad news keeps coming

Wow, this is excellent news. I'm excited to hear that Radio Disney will be vacating the airwaves, and I hope it's frequency will be replaced by something more enjoyable to listen to. Like crickets chirping. Or someone farting into the microphone.
  20. deeezy

Quadraphonic Sound

I use a Fisher 504 with a pair of KLH 23's in front and 6's in back. Not my everyday setup, but fun for a lark every now and then. Quad records aren't exactly easy to find. I often think about moving one of the pairs of KLH's into my dining room, but then I wouldn't be able to tell people "I...
  21. deeezy

A 'Then and Now' Perspective On The Saavy Stereo Consumer

It seems to me that the obvious factor in the downfall of consumer interest in audio quality is the coming of the digital age. This will not discontinue anytime soon, if at all. The focus now is on convenience uber alles; one can always reason to oneself that it still sounds just as good, if not...
  22. deeezy

Tube Amp Starter for the Newbie

Did you mean to say "melodramatic" or is that a play on words? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass; I'm genuinely curious. I also have a Maggie console pull, that I had modded, primarily for taping. Low output, but I love the sound of it as well.
  23. deeezy

The joys of monomania

Good read. Love me some mono.
  24. deeezy

This dude has 5 Million Records

This thread again?
  25. deeezy

Albums that were never properly mastered digitally

All of them.
Back
Top Bottom