Search results

1. hanfrac

Paid $80 to c0op3r for CDs. Two weeks later and no response and no CDs.

The seller has followed through.
  2. hanfrac

Paid $80 to c0op3r for CDs. Two weeks later and no response and no CDs.

I am still awaiting resolution on a transaction from 3 weeks ago. Communication has been spotty.
  3. hanfrac

Ripped off by "ccrider" in BT

I bought a receiver from ccrider at roughly the same time as the thread starter. While my experience wasn't nearly as bad, I do feel like the item I received was not in the mechanical condition I was led to believe it would be. The receiver I bought was supposed to be deoxited, bias and offset...
  4. hanfrac

Help-Loose Selector Knob

Did you try the teflon tape? I have an S-9910 with the same problem - very loose input selector knob and midrange knob.
  5. hanfrac

Kudos to Karmices

Bought a couple of albums and couldn't be happier. I've had (and am having) my share of bad vinyl purchase experiences through BT, but Karmices was/is awesome. Thanks!
  6. hanfrac

Shure V15 iii DU value

What's fair for one of these cartridge/sled combinations with the original SuperTrack Plus stylus? I see eBay listings over $300, but they don't seem to sell there. The ones that sell seem to go for under $200, but have non-original styli.
  7. hanfrac

New Arrival - Sherwood S-9910

I haven't put them into the same system, side-by-side, and don't expect to do that - too much of a pain-in-the-arse. I have the 7200 at my work in a desktop, nearfield setup with some Paradigm Atoms. Sounds very nice. Compared with the Sansui Six it will replace, it's very nice - a little...
  8. hanfrac

$100 for an S-9910 is steep? Depending on condition, I'm inclined to disagree.
  9. hanfrac

Thanks. After a month, I'm very happy with this receiver. I need to get my hands on the service manual to check bias/offset. I also picked up an inexpensive S-7200 to see what the older ones are like. As much as I like the S-9910, if a Sony 6060/6065/7055 or the like pops up at a decent...
  10. hanfrac

Fuse question - Belles 400 Power Amp

Great - this has been extremely helpful. I'll put 3A fuses into the speaker fuses on the amp and call it a day.
  11. hanfrac

My speakers have 3 separate fuses, one protecting each driver (3A for the woofer, 2.5A for the mid and 2A for the tweeter). I have the proper fuses in there. It sounds like you're saying I can put in a higher value fuse into the amp and the speaker fuses will protect the drivers - that I don't...
  12. hanfrac

better than seperates...

A "receiver" is simply separates (tuner, preamp, amp) put into one box. I don't see how a receiver could sound better than the equivalent separates unless cramming them into one box makes them better. But they could sound worse. That doesn't mean they will. Of course, any receiver may sound...
  13. hanfrac

Thanks for that link. I wasn't clear after reading that thread whether people were talking about fuses for their speakers or for the amp. My Snells are 4 ohms and have a minimum power rating of 80 watts. I would think I'm protecting them for something like 200 to 400 watts. If 200, then...
  14. hanfrac

Picked this up locally off CL. Neither expensive nor dirt cheap. Bought it off a guy who found it at a Goodwill. It seems reasonably well kept, but was missing a knob - that's why that black one is on there (if anyone has ideas on where to find a reasonable match, I'd be appreciative). The...
  15. hanfrac

The rear panel of this amp has 3 fuseholders. Underneath the left-most one, it says 3A, slow blowing. The other 2 fuseholders are next to the speaker jacks and have no notation. One of the speaker fuses blew last night. It was a 1A quick fuse. The other speaker fuse appears to have a 7A...
  16. hanfrac

Anyone hear Peachtree DAC-IT and Moon 100D?

I have an opportunity to pick up either of the above DACs preowned at decent prices. I'm leaning toward the DAC-IT based on feedback that it's a little warmer and mellower. Anyone have experience with both? I currently own a Ross Martin DAC and need a DAC for the 2nd system. Thanks.
  17. hanfrac

Love my Snell Type K's, but...

That's a pretty good idea. I have guitar string. Good excuse to restring my Taylor acoustic and use the old string for this.
  18. hanfrac

solution for now I was able to take apart most of the speaker stands, leaving the bottom plates still connected with adhesive tape and 2 long screws from the underside of the plates. With the tall part of the stands off, I was able to experiment with them on top and inside the shelf. Inside...
  19. hanfrac

Paradigm Atoms inside a bookshelf?

I like the 7700's very much. I bought one new in 1999 or thereabouts. It has served me reliably this whole time. So when I set up a 2nd system, I purchased another one on the bay. I can't really say they sound better or worse than anything else, as I have no frame of reference. I'm running...
  20. hanfrac

I love my Snells. However, I have another thread going - they are glued to some ugly stands with copious amounts of 3M double-sided tape (previous owner) and unless I can separate them, I won't be able to put them up high. If the Snell's, I'd rather have them on top, pointing down vs. in the...
  21. hanfrac

I have the attached wall unit. You can see my Snell K's on stands on either side of it. I really want to get speakers on the shelves and free up the floor space. If not on shelves, then on top of the wall unit, pointing down would be a second choice. I love the Snells and recognize that I'm...
  22. hanfrac

I don't know. This is sounding like a lot of work for speakers I paid $85 for (and then another $30 refoaming). I will try the hot putty knife. But I agree that at some point, it will require force and a lot of it. The area we're talking about is probable 9x7", parallel strips of tape pretty...
  23. hanfrac

I tried floss and thread 2 weeks ago, but without heating the tape. Both the string and the floss just broke. Given that the stands are metal, can I simply heat the metal with a lighter or a blowtorch or some other kind of a flame? I don't have a heat gun and suspect a hairdryer is a long...
  24. hanfrac

Great idea on using a putty knife as protection for the more aggressive methods. I'll give the blow dryer and putty knife a try, but given the amount of surface area we're talking about, I doubt I'll be able to get much beyond the first 1.5" on each side, leaving as much as 4-6" more of...
  25. hanfrac

I bought and refoamed some K-ii's several months ago and put them into my office system (11x11 room - I sit at a desk in the middle of the room and have a large wall unit opposite me where my components are - Snell's are on either side of the wall unit). Love them like crazy. The second I...
Back
Top Bottom