Search results

1. tygr

A little Emit K troubleshooting help needed.

So I've almost got my $45 7 Kappas working. One of the Emits seems to work outside of the speaker with a full range signal fed to it. It does NOT seem to work when wired into the speaker though. Could it be the L pad? I'm now a little over my head.
  2. tygr

Are these a good investment?

I LOVE my RSIIIbs and have a chance to pick up a pair of Kappa 7s in, let's say, fair to poor, condition. The mids are gone, the tweets and woofers look ok. The grilles are missing. I can get them for $45 the pair. What say you?
  3. tygr

M70 slight problem...what could it be?

I have an M-70 amp that sounded great for about 6 months after I purchased it. Now, however, there is a slight amount of distortion in the left channel. It started all of a sudden one day after powering up and hasn't changed or gotten worse on subsequent tries. Any clues as to what could have...
  4. tygr

Value of Citation 25 preamp?

What would you say is a good price for a Harman Kardon Citation 25 preamp? Are they even any good?
  5. tygr

Citation 25 preamp...anyone ever heard/had one?

Does anyone know anything about this pre? Any good?
  6. tygr

Magnepan MG 1.4 treble questions.

I recently picked up a pair of 1.4s for a very good price. Both speakers had been "re-glued" and they sound like the previous owner did a very good job of that. One thing though; one of them seems to have no treble at all. What should I be looking for when I roll the socks up? Crossover...
  7. tygr

Another dumb question re: M-80.

Will the silly speaker jacks on the M-80 accept banana plugs?
  8. tygr

Technics SL-1900...no return at end of LP.

I really like this old table but the tonearm no longer will return at the end of a record. The service manual doesn't seem to cover this. Can any one help?
  9. tygr

Can you kids look at this x-over for me?

Is this RSIIIb crossover "refurbished" from original? I know it's a bad pic but I say yes, it is.
  10. tygr

They finally got here! (RSIIIb content)

So my new (old) pair of $275 RSIIIbs finally arrived here from Miami today. I unwrapped them, brought them in the house and hooked them up for a little trial listening, and something was just not quite right. The imaging just wasn't centered like I had expected. I thought about this for awhile...
  11. tygr

Finally, another pair(?) of RSIIIbs are on their way to me.

Several years ago I had a nice pair of RS3b speakers and I guess I just didn't appreciate them...I sold them. Now however, I regret that decision. I've been looking for some more. Anyway I could not find a nice AND affordable pair anywhere close to me. I finally found a very mismatched pair in...
  12. tygr

What kind of problems could a headshell really have?

So, my new to me Micro Seiki Solid 5 seemingly has a headshell problem. The left channel puts out a stronger signal than the right. Right is not much weaker but enough to screw up the imaging for sure. I've checked wires, connections, sprayed the four headshell contacts, all to no avail. If I...
  13. tygr

Vaughn is a great seller!

Matt Vaughn is a superb seller on AK. He really delivers in a timely fashion and is a man of his word.
  14. tygr

Image imbalance.

Ok, so yesterday I installed my new 2M Red cart on my tonearm and I'm experiencing a great imbalance in the signal to the speakers. I have not yet set it up with my protractor. Could this be the cause of my problem? Most of the sound comes from the right side it seems. Tested the rest of my...
  15. tygr

Micro Seiki, anyone?

So yesterday while perusing the local CL ads I came upon one for a turntable. A Micro Seiki Solid 5 to be specific. I was intrigued. After a little talk the seller and I agreed on a $120 sale price and I proceeded to go and pick it up. The only demonstration I got was that the motor ran and the...
  16. tygr

Well my M70 is dying...

...it has developed distortion in the left channel. I thought it might be the C70 but I tried that with a different amp and I can't duplicate the distortion which is always there. It started all of a sudden, was intermittent for a little while and now is constantly there. Sort of a fuzzy sound...
  17. tygr

Kindel PLS-A...what do you know about them?

Anyone?
  18. tygr

Joined the Cornwall club this morning.

Was looking to replace my main system speakers the last few days. Thought I would go with Maggies. Saw an ad on CL for a pair of Cornwalls for a decent price with sort of trashed cabinets. Figured, what the hell, may as well go and have a listen. Sounded a little bright but otherwise worth the...
  19. tygr

Need a little help here please.

I've sold my Audio Nirvanas...great speakers but I grew a little tired of them. I've been looking for some more Magnepans. I've had SMGAs and a pair of MGIIIAs and I loved both. However, I have come across an affordable pair of Cornwalls! I've never even heard Cornwalls. Will I like them? I've...
  20. tygr

My new M-70 is...

...working and sounding great! I just had to go on and buy a C-70 and T-70 (I guess I'm a little OCD about that) and I'm loving being back in the high power Yamaha fold. I just had to share with the rest of you kids.
  21. tygr

Houas07tc is a good, honest seller!

The amp was packed to withstand a nuclear blast. Arrived safe and sound and working flawlessly.
  22. tygr

LYX Pro...anyone?

OK, don't laugh. I'm looking for a cheap pair of open back headphones for home use only. I saw these on Amazon and thought they might be a bargain. Lyx Pro OEH-10s, to be specific. What say you kids?
  23. tygr

Pioneer CT-s707, anyone?

Going to pick one up in about an hour for $60. Is it worth it? Does anyone know?
  24. tygr

What IS the attraction to cassette tape format?

Is it the new recordings coming out, the nostalgia thing, the "hands on" experience? I, for the life of me can't figure out the reason to want a cassette deck...yet want one I do. Why?
  25. tygr

Polk Monitor 10 or Paradigm 9SE MKII?

So in my home office, behind my desk, I'm running the Paradigms now. They're about 6 feet apart and about 5 feet from me; on stands. A friend has a pair of Polk Monitor 10s that he'd like to trade. I used to have a pair and liked them a lot. Has anyone heard both? I'm thinking of offering a...
Back
Top Bottom