Search results

1. Eunomians

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Antenna input?
  2. Eunomians

What to do? Sansui 9090 and 4 ohm Speakers

No problem whatsoever running 4ohm speakers on a properly running/restored unit. I’ve been running daily a pair of AR-3a speakers with my 9090 for close to 20 years. It’s a match made in heaven soundwise - perfect complimentary sonic bliss.
  3. Eunomians

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Sansui 9090 today, after some last bits of maintenance... Both channels are pretty much the same :cool:
  4. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

I recently made a ton of interconnects for my entire system with Mogami 2549. I’m astonished with how much of an audible difference the cabling makes. I agree with you that it’s good stuff. It’s surprisingly easy to make your own custom interconnects. I opted to shield one side as per most...
  5. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

I chose W2549 to make interconnects partially due to the super low capacitance rating. The superb shielding was also something I considered. The cables I made really sound fantastic and are also deeply silent. Can't wait to see if the last part of my system not using 2549, my beloved AR-XA...
  6. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

No real problem at hand. The original RCA cable works fine but my entire system has Mogami interconnects. My XA is the only part that doesn’t. Maybe an improvement? I’ll find out and report back. As is, my restored XA has given me 20 years of terrific sound. Perhaps splicing in 2549 cabling will...
  7. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

Many thx! I'll do this mod tonite :)
  8. Eunomians

AR-XA RCA wiring

I've had my XA for a very long time, and it runs great. I recently made a large batch of custom Mogami interconnects for my stuff at home. As it turns out, I have some cable left. My AR-XA still has the original RCA cables, so I thought that I'd make a custom set to replace it. I don't want...
  9. Eunomians

What customizations did you do? The D2 is such a great DAC, especially when modified
  10. Eunomians

Can you elaborate as to what you did?
  11. Eunomians

Sansui 9090 and fuses

Thx for the reply. The pics aren’t of my personal 9090. Considering that my unit has been restored and upgraded (albeit much more than a decade ago), I’m wondering still if 7a fuses are the way to go? Just tryna keep it up to snuff.
  12. Eunomians

Sansui 9090 and fuses

I’ve had my 9090 for a long time - and I had a terrific AK member CDfixer restore and upgrade mine (RIP CDfixer, he was a true gent and I’m very lucky to have met him). One thing that I’ve noted is that my unit has the updated fuses (pic shows two 10a fuses). A few questions: should I change...
  13. Eunomians

I’ll chime in and say that I’m very pleased with my upgraded Sparko & Tube D2. I’ve had it pretty much since it was introduced. It sounds phenomenal with my system. No need to change it but I was curious what Ryan might add to a v2.0 D2 to make it more contemporary, if you will. I’d like another...
  14. Eunomians

I guess nobody has heard any updates from Ryan
  15. Eunomians

Longtime upgraded D2 owner. I’m curious if anyone has heard any news about the new 24bit/192kHz variation. Ryan does not respond to emails anymore it seems. I’m leaning towards buying a D1+ and using my Sparko Labs in it if the new D2 with this resolution isn’t happening. Just tryna get more rez...
  16. Eunomians

My all out Minimus 7’s

I really appreciate what you’ve shared. Much appreciated!! I love my modded crossovers and caps walnut 7s. I’ve been using them with great success for years with a sub and a NuReality SRS unit with our HDTV. They sound fantastic! Now I’ll finally be able to match the grills with my AR-3a :) Cheers
  17. Eunomians

My all out Minimus 7’s

Question: how did you recloth them? What kind of adhesive holds the material in place? I’ve been wanting to re-do mine for a many years
  18. Eunomians

AR-XA motor question

Thank you for the information. It does look like a Premotec unti based on the part number. Good thing I didn't replace the pulley (I was considering it since mine has tiny imperfections on the 45 portion). I am thinking of getting the Music Hall 2.0 Cruise Speed Control. I'm fed up with...
  19. Eunomians

AR-XA motor question

It's a lovely turntable and it still sounds amazing after all these years!
  20. Eunomians

AR-XA motor question

Hello all, Old member here who just did a nice tune-up on my AR-XA. Every few years I clean it up... I wanted to oil the motor with sewing machine oil. And to my surprise, I had forgotten what motor was there under the plinth. And guess what? I don't know what it is. Does anybody know what...
  21. Eunomians

Who can restore my AR-3 speakers?

Hello gentlemen! It's been a while :D For some nice local work here in Los Angeles and its immediate environs, I suggest (and as you can see, I am not the only one suggesting this) Orange County Speaker. They are located in Garden Grove, not far at all from Los Angeles. Just make sure that...
  22. Eunomians

Pictures From The AK SoCal Meet Mar 24 2007

Looks like it was great! Wish I could've been there. Cheers :)
  23. Eunomians

Joe Zawinul

I gotta pick that one up. Zawinal is one helluva dude.
  24. Eunomians

Free BBQ grill!

I gotta try that! :D
Back
Top Bottom