Search results

1. Franksta

Will This Hook UP Plan Work?? Please Advise!

OK Thanks for the reassurance. I had split the preamp out before but for some reason I didn't immediately think about that. I hooked it up that way and it everything works good. I now have 3 outboard devices to determine what I listen to and on which speakers. I know I go overboard with all...
  2. Franksta

Yes I have used the preamp out before. Splitting the preamp out with one leg back to the HK's main in and the other to the Fosi's input. The HK controls both amps. I guess just set the Fosi's volume at the max that will give a complimentary level to the HK's volume. Then if I want to hear just...
  3. Franksta

I need help determining if the plan I have will work without causing harm to any of my components. I have the system shown in the picture. I recently put the HK 730 receiver in the system. I run stacked Advents on it with one pair hooked to speaker system A and the other pair to system B. There...
  4. Franksta

Pics of your listening space

Fresh setup in the guest bedroom believe it or not. Newly restored Harman Kardon 730. Pioneer RT-701 BIC 980 table and Technics SL-1301. Denon DVD-756 CD/SACD Hooked to mixed Stacked Advents (OL on bottom New on top).
  5. Franksta

Akai GX-266II My Persistence Paid Off!

Well this Akai GX 266II is one of my prized possessions but I almost let it go out of frustration. I found it in a thrift store a little over 7 years ago. I think I paid $20 for it if I recall. It was in immaculate condition cosmetically. It had the smoked dust cover, an Akai metal take up reel...
  6. Franksta

Harman Kardon 330C Plus Pinnacle 8+ Amazing Synergy!

The 730 has one channel that cuts out. It has been out recently so I sent it to Tim Riggs in Va. for repair. I can't wait to get it back.
  7. Franksta

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Found a Sony MDS-JE510 Minidisc deck in like new condition in a thrift store around Christmas time. It was marked $100 so I knew it wasn't worth that to me. I was going to skip it until I noticed a note that said "discs located at check out". So, I figured maybe a couple or 5 discs or more so I...
  8. Franksta

Harman Kardon 330C Plus Pinnacle 8+ Amazing Synergy!

I got what I feel was a great deal on this little Harman Kardon 330C that just got delivered yesterday. I bid $122.50 and won to my amazement. It was $149.75 all in including shipping. I cleaned it up, although it was in pretty good nik to start with. I changed all the dial lamps and the power...
  9. Franksta

My "Use It Or Loose It" System

I had accumulated more equipment than I could use even though I have four systems in operation around the house and one outside in my shop. You see I have a very understanding wife. She buys all the shoes she wants and I get to fill the house up with audio equipment. Included in the equipment...
  10. Franksta

Thirteen Speakers In One room For Stereo Listening! Too Much?

OK I overdo everything when it comes to audio I'll admit. I have a fairly roomy living room and somehow over time I have managed to fill every corner with some sort of audio/video equipment. The point of this post is to see if anyone else has a setup as extreme or more so than this. I have a...
  11. Franksta

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

What a great underrated speaker! I found mine at a thrift a couple of years back for around $20 if I recall. I left them when I first saw them because they were dirty and looked tired and a little unimpressive. I changed my mind a few hours later and went back and got them. They cleaned up great...
  12. Franksta

Realistic Optimus 5B Tweeter Wire's Color code?

I just revisited 2 old pair of Realistic Optimus 5 B speakers that I had donated years ago. They came back to me so I am looking at replacing the piezo tweeters that had been put in them to replace the original cones. The wires are blue and black and I assume that the blue is positive and the...
  13. Franksta

Cassettes, Cassettes... What is the best Type II tape?

I don't record a lot on cassettes anymore but I've never had a problem with them. I also have some other Metal tapes Denon & Maxell in 90 and 100 min. I have 24 of the TDK MA -110's. I ran across them at a thrift store quite a few years back. They were used, apparently recorded on one time by a...
  14. Franksta

Cassettes, Cassettes... What is the best Type II tape?

I'm like a lot of you guys I used TDK-SA or Maxell XLII. Also the TDK SA-X and the Maxell XLII-S. I have a big stock of TDK MA-110's also BUT...... the most impressive high BIAS tape I have ever used is the Sony UX-ES! It is really low noise high output. The tape says "Br. 2000 Gauss" don't know...
  15. Franksta

Black Sansui 8080DB

I am posting this based on a request from dswan01 on the "Members Systems" "Pics Of Your Listening Space" I didn't want to start it there and highjack that thread in anyway. This 8080DB had the typical problem of the fake woodgrain peeling off. I saw another post back in 2007 where nyindallas...
  16. Franksta

I am posting pics on the General Audio Discussion Forum under "Black Sansui 8080DB" so as not to highjack this thread.
  17. Franksta

I will try to post a good picture of it tomorrow. Meanwhile back in 2007 when I got the idea to do my Sansui member nyindallas told about doing his Pioneer in this post https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/black-pioneer-sx-838-thanks-to-home-depot.122209/. After seeing that I did...
  18. Franksta

Just got through rearranging the vintage system in the bedroom. I know it's still overdone for a secondary system but "Overdone" should be my middle name. It is however a lot slimmer than it was before. I had a SFF computer and a 24" TV on it before. Also a DVD/VCR Recorder. It's more streamline...
  19. Franksta

Pinnacle PN8+ Best 2 Way I've Heard! Surprising!

I have been collecting vintage speakers for quite a while. I have kept a lot of the ones I like and flipped the ones I didn't want to keep. I have heard a lot of great 2 way speakers in that time and I still have a few vintage winners. I have or have heard winners like the Dynaco A-25's and the...
  20. Franksta

Patch Cords Anyone? Post A Picture Of How Extreme You've Gotten.

Yeah, Patch cords, Patch cables, Interconnects, RCA cables, Phono cables same difference to me! I just thought I'd mention that some of the other "shrapnel" that I have created and accumulated over the years are panel Knobs from components and phono cartridges and speaker wire by the miles.
  21. Franksta

Patch Cords Anyone? Post A Picture Of How Extreme You've Gotten.

Well I decided to do some cleaning up and organizing. I realized I needed to thin out some stuff I had accumulated over the years while enjoying this vintage audio hobby. I had a couple of boxes full of cables and accessories that I went through. It was not until I got into those boxes that I...
  22. Franksta

Pondering CD player solution

Well the Advent 300 you have is sweet so if I were you I would look for something vintage to compliment it. The units that I have had experience with that come to mind are. The Maganvox CDB502 and the ADC 16R2. The Magnavox has a TDA1543 Ladder DAC and the ADC has a Burr Brown DAC. Both are...
  23. Franksta

What Ever Happened To Mini Disc?

Minidisc still has a small but devoted following. I am one of the followers! I have 5 component decks and about 6 portables. Also around 300 blank discs. The main followers are European although the U.S. enthusiasts are around too. The sound of a properly recorded minidisc really is...
  24. Franksta

Water Stain KLH 5

I am not sure about a method to treat just the spot to get it to match the rest of the cabinet....What I would do is sand both cabinets down past the finish that is on them to get as far through that spot as you feel comfortable then use Howard's Restore A Finish (walnut, nice and dark to cover...
  25. Franksta

Your Favorite 8 inch 2-Way Speakers

Some great speakers mentioned in this thread! I really love the 8 inch 2 way configuration. It's funny just today I found a pair of Pinnacle PN8+. They cost me $20 for the pair at a local thrift store. Just by looks they didn't immediately impress. However after a cleanup and some new grill...
Back
Top Bottom