Search results

1. luvvinvinyl

2023 Member of the Year nominations are now open !

Well said, good sir!
  2. luvvinvinyl

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations, Heather! You are a deserving winner> Congratulations to gadget73, as well, along with all the nominees. Thank you for all you bring to the AK community.
  3. luvvinvinyl

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

I'm so very sorry, Chris. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.
  4. luvvinvinyl

Grumpy is having a get together, come on over.

I'm very much looking forward to attending.
  5. luvvinvinyl

Comment by 'luvvinvinyl' in media 'Blue Circle Room'

That is a Lector CDPO.6T cd player. Tube buffered output.
  6. luvvinvinyl

"Private" Conversations - no notifications?

There are some people who mistakenly use the conversation function of the Chat, instead of the forum's usual Conversations. I find that it's very incovenient.
  7. luvvinvinyl

Editing “About” in Profile

There is no "Edit" function. You just re-type your desired changes.
  8. luvvinvinyl

Changing the header on your post?

@ConchBoy66 Sorry, I have been out of the admin game long enough to forget that Subscribers CAN edit a thread title. Registered members must use the report link. You can edit the title exactly as described.
  9. luvvinvinyl

how to subscribe

It has always been so, and has often been done. It just doesn't get broadcast when someone graces another with kindness. You will need to contact Tinkerbelle. She's the admin with authority to make that happen.
  10. luvvinvinyl

Thread disappears when I am logged in, reappears when I'm not logged in

This is similar to you posting in a thread, and then checking "New Posts". Your post won't appear as a New Post, because the computer figures you know that you put it there.
  11. luvvinvinyl

Thread disappears when I am logged in, reappears when I'm not logged in

@old_tv_nut You are the OP. You are the last poster. It will fall back to its timeslot, since your computer is cookied, when you log in. When you are not logged in, or in Incognito mode, no cookies, so it is visible as having unread posts. I will post a 'test', and then you check to see if it...
  12. luvvinvinyl

Changing the header on your post?

Only staff can change the thread title. Use the Report link, and ask the staff to change the title.
  13. luvvinvinyl

how to subscribe

This. If you make a payment to paypal before the expiry date, and email Grumpy, you are pretty much guaranteed not to update on a timely basis. Please wait for the link to appear.. There should be a time of day for the expiry. When you click on the link provided, the software will automatically...
  14. luvvinvinyl

Happy Birthday luvvinvinyl!

Thanks so much, everybody. Today was a quiet, good, day, spent indoors, away from the frigid weather. I'd move down to Texas, but it got almost as cold down there.
  15. luvvinvinyl

Identifying the OP in a thread. Would this feature be a cool idea?

This isn't a setting. It's an aftermarket add-on, written by a third party, and is a purchased item. I looked for it when I was admin, but it was not in the options.
  16. luvvinvinyl

Report Problems with Ads Here!

Google ad mix is controlled by Google, unless @Advally requests a block. Hopefully they see this call-out, and block them.
  17. luvvinvinyl

I have a Bang O Beogram TT and Benjamin Miracord Turntable that needs refresh, new needles, needs stylus replacement. looking for someone in CT

I have requested that a mod move your post to the correct forum, so that you get better response.
  18. luvvinvinyl

Have you ever considered just turning off Profile Posts?

Rich, yours are on, three pages worth. :idea:
  19. luvvinvinyl

how to subscribe

AK never had provisions to accept debit or credit cards. Paypal, or cheque, cash, or postal money order, sent in via snailmail, direct to Grumpy. Maybe paypal will let you sign in as a guest, I don't know. I have a bank account for only paypal, in a different bank than the one I do all my other...
  20. luvvinvinyl

When Did AK Start Censoring Private Messages?

As the site has gotten larger, monetization from Google ads gains significantly in importance. Ultimately, that is what is driving this issue. This was never a philosophical position by AK management. Quite the contrary. Twenty years ago, the site was small, and like the wild west. Now, the...
  21. luvvinvinyl

Also, help with styluses and cartridges...

Absolutely correct.
  22. luvvinvinyl

That's because a user's password is the gateway to their PMs. As an admin, I could never see a user's PM unless they shared it with me. The software does not provide for toggling on in posts, and, simultaneously off, in PMs. Until 2015, the vBulletin software had a MUCH MUCH longer list of...
  23. luvvinvinyl

Relying on memory, the software was set up to replace 'fcuk' and 'cutn' with asterisks. Also a wildcard on the end of the f-word. The auto-censoring is up so that the Google ads aren't rife with NSFW ads, due to the presence of what they deem profane. So, auto-censor removes those, and, for the...
  24. luvvinvinyl

How do you get to private chat messages?

Go to chat, and the messages list, on the right, shows all your senders. Click on the one whose message(s) you wish to read. I prefer conversations, too, but the chat messages let you have a sidebar with one individual, when you are in chat with several people, without losing the thread, or...
  25. luvvinvinyl

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

If you are being asked to log in, again, check that your bookmark is up to date, and that you are not logged in on multiple devices, simultaneously. https://audiokarma.org Not http:// or any variation of www.audiokarma.org, nor .com, .net, or other shadow domain that may be trying to steal...
Back
Top Bottom