Search results

1. S

CR-420 with left channel distortion

So I've cleaned this guy and replaced all the capacitors in the power supply section. I thought I finally had it working and it sounded great on headphones. I hooked up some speakers and it initially sounded good, but I've started to get an intermittent distortion only in the left channel. It's...
  2. S

Incorrect cap in a CR-420?

Hey folks, I started working on my CR-420 again. I actually pulled a couple capacitors in the power supply to try and test them and then realized that my meter wouldn't work on the big ones. Duh. Anyways, I put them back in (with the correct polarity) and did some more cleaning. Powered up and...
  3. S

Thrift shop CR-420 odd background noise

So I scored a nice CR-420 at the thrift shop recently. It doesn't have any major issues and after cleaning all the pots work well. I haven't replaced any caps yet and the receiver is making an odd noise. Without any signal, I can hear a low dut-dut-dut kind of noise. It's on all inputs and all...
  4. S

Thrift shop advents w/ blown tweeter

Hi folks. I'm new here, been lurking for a while, but I finally have a question that I couldn't find the answer to by googling... As the title says, I picked up some Advent 2002's today at the thrift shop for $30. The foam and everything looked in really good shape, but when I got home I...
Back
Top Bottom