Search results

1. ftpols

KEF SP1280 Spider Bolt Torque

I need to re-torque the three bolts attaching the spider but can't discover Kef's torque settings. Amazon sells an SK11 1~6N・m STD-600 torque driver at a good price. This would do the job? Many thanks for any help.
  2. ftpols

Au777D service manual / bias setting

If you are really stuck, IDK Corp. specializes in repairing Sansui and Nakamichi gear if they have the parts. The website is in Japanese but after contacting them thru this website, they will correspond in English. http://www.idkcorp.com/tokushukikijigyoubu/nakamichicustomercenter.html I...
  3. ftpols

KEF owners thread

Many thanks for your time and help. I looked at Mundorf e-caps to replace the existing caps, but the service life is only 3,000 hours. Any downside (apart from price and size) in using Mundorf M-Cap MKP Polypropylene Capacitors for this schema, please?
  4. ftpols

KEF owners thread

Schematic I have is attached. The metallic blue cap is marked ALCAP 25 MFD 50V +/- 10% VNP. It was the KEF 1000 MFD 25V +/- 20% 1000UKADY that I wasn't sure about. Per your kind replyI will take it as bipolar.
  5. ftpols

KEF owners thread

KEF Q60 Capacitors Attached is photo of the original crossover . Some of the capacitors are clearly marked as bipolar, the others aren't. The circuit diagram doesn't indicate polarity. Can I assume that all the capacitors are bipolar? Many thanks.
  6. ftpols

KEF owners thread

UPGRADING ELECTROLYTICS TO MKPS I read on another site that the Kef crossover calculations took account of the electrolytic capacitors series resistance and good electrolytics were recommended by Kef as the replacements. If the electrolytics were changed to plastic capacitors then the OP was...
  7. ftpols

1 off Wooly NAD. How to clean?

1 off Wooly NAD. How to clean? I wonder if compressed air would have much impact. My Nakamichi amp was badly engrimed inside with dirt and condensation stains. I started stripping it a couple of days ago and washing the PCBs per this advice...
  8. ftpols

Nakamichi ia-2 help

Many thanks for your kind advice, Avionic. I connected shorting plugs to the phono inputs and a cable from the GND terminal to grounded mains socket. I also sprayed Electrolube in the MM/MC phono selector switch and operated it 20 times. With the phono MM/MC selector switched to MM, there...
  9. ftpols

Nakamichi ia-2 help

Hi, I just purchased a used Nakamichi IA-2 amp. Nice piece of gear but there is a very loud buzz from LH channel when switched to Phono and there is no signal source. (All other selection are silent.) Also, the trouble and strife says the reproduction is metallic... Could somebody...
  10. ftpols

Poor sound after recap SAE 2300 power amp

Bad luck with your recap project, Elara. There are numerous possibilities: improper soldering, defective original capacitors, ESD damage to one or more capacitors during/after installation, improper selection of capacitors, polarity of capacitors is reversed, etc. Please note the important...
Back
Top Bottom