Search results

1. Brian C

Today's Blues Playlist

Great choice vinowino, absolutely love this album. California has a great jazz vibe, great album!
  2. Brian C

Today's Blues Playlist

From my recollection, he pretty much disowned this album as it wasn't put together or released with his input. Some great tunes on there though. Same deal with the TB Sheets comp album.
  3. Brian C

Any Connecticut People Haunt The Forums?

Hi Pete, thanks for the update and info. I do plan to attend a meeting soon, I'll check out the website. Hope to meet you there! Brian
  4. Brian C

Got the Band Back Together

Looks like they were made in Berlin CT by Genesis in the 70’s, which has ties to EPI and currently Human Speaker. Interesting as I lived in that area and never knew they built speakers there. Actually I’m at work right now, not two miles from where they were made.
  5. Brian C

Don’t recall the FLS house brand speakers, any idea who manufactured them?
  6. Brian C

My low cost system

Nice story, you can get great sound without spending a lot of $$$. The old low power HK's are keepers.
  7. Brian C

What CD Player Do You Use?

Marantz CD-5004 Onkyo CD-7030 These are in the two main systems, not high end but sound very nice. TEAC CD-650 OPPO BDP-103 Primarily used for testing and spares.
  8. Brian C

Well back in 1972 I’d saved up enough lawn mowing and paper route delivering money to buy my first real stereo. I walked into Fred Locke Stereo spent a couple hours listening to things and walked out $300 later with a Sherwood S-7100A Receiver, Pioneer PL-12DII Turntable and a set of EPI 100...
  9. Brian C

Tom Dowd and The Language of Music

Title is "Tom Dowd and The Language of Music". I have the DVD, not sure where else you my find it, but definitely worthwhile. Some great footage and interviews.
  10. Brian C

Tom Dowd and The Language of Music

I recently watched this documentary and thought I would share it here. Tom was a brilliant audio engineer, extremely smart and and was on the cutting edge of audio among other things for the majority of his career. In addition he was an outstanding people person and was well respected by his...
  11. Brian C

I'm hoping to be able to attend, I was at a FrakenFest event a few years back and had a nice time. Saving my cash!!!
  12. Brian C

Pioneer SX-780

Have someone lined up to put a pair of eyes on it for me to maybe determine what I'm up against. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check into them.
  13. Brian C

Pioneer SX-780

Great info on the contacts, just what I'm looking for. Much appreciated!
  14. Brian C

Pioneer SX-780

Got a call today from my daughter on the west coast, seems that when she turned on her SX today nothing happened, no lights, no nothing. She's been using it regularly and out of the blue, no power. There was no noise, pops, crackle, smoke or any indication something was wrong and there is no...
  15. Brian C

I’ve thought about attending one of their meetings from time to time, just never quite got there for a number of reasons. Maybe when this mess we’re in clears up some.
  16. Brian C

Sherwood Receivers?

My mistake, I was looking at a Pioneer database. I was able to find that the S7900A was made in 1974
  17. Brian C

Sherwood Receivers?

From what I'm reading the S/N should begin with two letters. Is there a number that starts that way?
  18. Brian C

Sherwood Receivers?

Genov, If you can give me the Serial Number I can give you the date of manufacture.
  19. Brian C

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

March 16, 2013 Email is good!
  20. Brian C

Albums where EVERY song is good

+1 Blood on the Tracks
  21. Brian C

One Favorite Song

ABB Stormy Monday
  22. Brian C

On-line vinyl sales

I’ve primarily used discogs with good results, the few times I’ve had issues the vendors have been very accommodating.
  23. Brian C

That area also has the best trout fishing in the state if you’re so inclined!
  24. Brian C

Melissa

Yeah, I see the many YT videos of this version but I don't see where its actually on a DVD.
  25. Brian C

Melissa

Anyone else have any idea if this acoustic version of Melissa exists on DVD somewhere?
Back
Top Bottom