Search results

1. T

EL84 reviews? What do you guys like?

I run 7189s from The Tube Store in my DECware SE84UFO and they are excellent IMO. I wasn‘t over the moon with the Russian tubes that shipped with the amp. The Tube Store 7189s change significantly to changing the bias - seems to change the soundstage width and imaging. Neither way is right or...
  2. T

Cheap SACD player w/ Benchmark DAC1 HDR

Old thread, but … I bought the Essence HDACC II last year precisely because it has inputs for HDMI audio. And it‘s very full featured too. I am using two HDMI inputs - one for an AppleTV 4K and one for a Sonny UBP-X800. Both of those devices have only HDMI output. I had been using an HDMI...
  3. T

Blueglow 2020 Amp Build Ideas

My vote is for the high end 300B but only if it's mono block. My reasoning is that I want to build a pure mono system for listening to mono records. That means dedicated turntable with both LP and 78 cartridges/stylii, mono electronics and a single speaker. But I'll be happy with whichever...
  4. T

XP Series Speakers 1959-1973

Thank you -- that was extremely helpful
  5. T

Cloth Speaker Surround Treatment?

This helps me with my Fishers XP-5a.
  6. T

Notdigital: Yes, the woofer surrounds appear to be cloth (that was my first impression) and doped -- they are shiney and a bit stiffened up, but I don't recall any serious cracking. I will have to check again. Fred: Yes, as I said, they appear to be cloth. I am going to leave them for now...
  7. T

Hello -- I'm "resurrecting" this thread because I a few months ago I bought a pair of XP-5a in near-new condition (cosmetic) at a sale benefiting Ronald McDonald House. It cost me a wallet-stretching $20USD. :) I took them down to the basement where they sat until today when I finally hooked...
  8. T

DeWald tube tuner

The Overture The product name was "The Overture." In 1962, this tuner was listed for $119.00USD. Go to page 16 of this link.
  9. T

DeWald tube tuner

Resurrecting this old thread ... did you ever get this tuner going:wave:? I ask because I have what I think is the same model which has literally been collecting dust for many years, and I just pulled it out of its (homemade) case and am taking it in to my tech for service. Pic one shows the...
  10. T

do i have to keep all amps?

I am of an age that I am DONE collecting equipment unless it's just a piece I need so as to enjoy music. (I know people are laughing right now!) But it's true. I have four amps, three of which are in service. The fourth (an Audionics 80wpc) will either be auditioned as a replacement for the...
  11. T

DCM Time Window 1a incredible score! w/ story

One thing I found is that I had the left and right speakers switched ... now the image is much better. Doh!
  12. T

The more I listen to these, the more I think any issues in the low frequencies are due to other factors. Probably the room is #1, the source player #2, positioning and anchoring #3. Once I get those issues corrected, I will be able to make a more intelligent assessment of the lf performance.
  13. T

The return of vinyl

I am looking forward to putting a couple of turntables back in service. I think the first LPs I play will be Time Out and Will The Circle Be Unbroken. I have no interest in the vinyl vs. anything debates ... I just like the music.
  14. T

Angstrom Radix 200 & 400 speakers- Info??

I have a pair of the 200s in my living room as part of the video system. They're being driven by a Denon AVR-888. I'm not sure of the impedence, but I bought mine from a friend in Wellesley, ON, who was an Angstrom dealer. I'll see if I can reach him and ask. I put new surrounds in a few...
  15. T

Albums where every song is great, and that never get old.

Nitty Gritty Dirty Band - Circle (original)
  16. T

DCM Time Window 1 vs 1a

BTW, my serial numbers are consecutive, 45xxx.
  17. T

DCM Time Window 1 vs 1a

Yeah, I'm thinking there may be something else at work. It's not a big issue for me, as I don't often listen to them at that volume, and I'm not going to do any real investigation until the room is right and I am absolutely sure of the source material and source device.
  18. T

Hi -- I'm new here and this is an old thread. But I wanted to chime in on the Time Windows. I scored a nearly pristine pair of Time Window 1As this past Saturday. They were at Record Archive, which primarily sells used CDs, LPs and some music ephemera. Unlike canuckaudiog, my pair wasn't...
  19. T

DCM Time Window 1 vs 1a

Hello, I joined audiokarma primarily because I was able to score a nearly pristine pair of Time Window 1a yesterday for the princely sum of $200. The socks are perfect, there is only one blemish on one of the top plates, speaker cables were included, and connected to my newly restored Fisher...
Back
Top Bottom