Search results

1. AudioJag

SAS Cantilevers: Boron vs Sapphire vs Ruby

I have used the SAS/Boron for more than a year in my Shure V15/IV..... Loved it from the first play..... recently purchased the SAS/Sapphire..... I love it even more... I believe that I heard bass improved on the first record I played..... I have never heard better clarity and definition ...
  2. AudioJag

Stevenson and Baerwald walk into a bar...

I use the Baerwald on all turntables I work with..... cuts through all the BS..... and they all sound great, beginning and end of LPs..... -- just my opinion.... we all have them here in this great forum... enjoy your turntables, that's most important.... play records!!
  3. AudioJag

Dust!

Calypte...... Get an "In The Groove" record cleaner from Music Direct.... and use it under an led light prior to playing each side.... you will be amazed how simple this is and how well it works..... I've been using them for years, and I recommended that Music Direct pick them up earlier this...
  4. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

No..... the TT is 37.7 by itself !! Must be rubber..... the hardware store should have them... if not you may be able to order via ebay or Home Depot...
  5. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

I don't know..... you have to give it try .... there are no guarantees... but I know your situation..... I made some smaller but similar ones for a Thorens TD145 I sold to a friend... I believe they work fine too.... I really think it would be best to get your TT off of the receiver for best...
  6. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

I knew the darn Sansui SR929 was heavy everytime my back hurt when I picked it up..... actual weight on my strange special designed isolation feet.... 37.7 lbs
  7. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

BTW... weight of the Sansui 929 is near 30 lbs
  8. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

You know what pvc pipe is.... well imgine a 4 inch pvc pipe needing a cap.... that's what they are for
  9. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

Don't know why photos duplicated .... but there they are
  10. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

Bagiz010... Hope the photos help...
  11. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

4 in caps might be too big if you want to have the tt on top of your receiver.... I would find a way to separate the two so you can use the 4 inch caps... or at least 3 inch
  12. AudioJag

Feedback isolation

Hi Bagiz010..... I had a similar problem with my Sansui 929 back some yearsago and engaged my younger mind to come up with a solution.... and I did !!:-) Try to follow what I describe... and if you are not sure I will try to take some pictures for you. Go to the hardware store and purchase 4 ...
  13. AudioJag

What is the story on the Zirconia cantilever... JICO SAS/Z N97xE

Thanks Tom..... I'll fahgettabout the Zirconia.....
  14. AudioJag

Tom and Chris.... I thank both of you for such incredible attention to detail.... I don't know if my question is really answered though... I have been using the following and love all three: Shure V15 w/jico SAS/Boron ; Denon DL160 w/saffire line contact ; SoundSmith Boheme w/ruby line contact...
  15. AudioJag

JICO SAS/Z N97xE Replacement for Shure N97xE Stylus Is the Zirconia even more fragile than the Boron or Sapphire?? Thanks to all in advance....
  16. AudioJag

Which JICO SAS on Shure V15 Type IV or Type V?

instead of reading all this I will just say: I use a Shure V15 IV with a Jico SAS/B (boron cantilever) on an SME Series III arm with the brush down. In my opinion only.... I love it and if I were to make any change, I might get the Jico SAS/S (saffire cantilever) down the road.
  17. AudioJag

Thorens 145 MKII - arm-lift won’t work. Is it imperative to fix?

I have to admit that I did have a Grado Gold stylus on the Grado Black.... Probably improved the cartridge performance a bit. (sometime ago I put an 8mz stylus on my Grado Gold, so I had the extra stylus which I needed for the Black)
  18. AudioJag

I recently reconditioned and sold a TD145 to a friend with a Grado Black cartridge ..... It performed surprisingly well once the alignments and tracking force were dialed in. Btw... my friend loves that Thorens table.... Just a thought if you want to keep costs down, the Grado Black cartridge...
  19. AudioJag

If the arm lift goes up and down even a little bit.... then you loosen the allen screw on the side of the lift mechanism, and adjust to the proper height. There could be other issues to look at but start with that.
  20. AudioJag

Thorens TD 115

If you feel handy..... carefully take the front panel apart (buttons will pop off pried up gently) and adjust what you have found and moved with your small screw driver. You should be able to fix it ..... give it a try
  21. AudioJag

Thorens TD 115

The strobe light should be on when selecting 33.... but as I said above the platter won't turn until Manual or Start is selected. So you may have a contact switch not engaging..... try turning the speed adjustment and see if the light starts to work. It's possible to get inside the front...
  22. AudioJag

Thorens TD 115

I think I misunderstood the issue..... so sorry for that. That sounds like you are not sliding the main sel switch to "Manual" which you must in Manual mode.....??? When going from Off to 33 in Auto mode you must slide the start switch to the right or it doesn't turn until you do. Let me know...
  23. AudioJag

Thorens TD 115

PNXvillvinyl.... following is the excerpt from the user manual about the strobe: Hope this helps
  24. AudioJag

Thorens TD 115

If I recall correctly from the manual..... I have two TD115... The strobe is only for 33 - 50 or 60 cps Htz..... so if it isn't working on 45 it really doesn't matter. I'll pull up the manual and check that. You can get one if you don't have it at Vinyl Engine web site.
  25. AudioJag

Micro Seiki owner's club

I am cleaning up a Micro Seiki MB-18 to bring it back to use as a starter turntable for someone...... it is missing the original counter weight, and I have not been able to locate one anywhere. Already checked in BarterTown and assoc.
Back
Top Bottom