Search results

1. gazious

Guess im the guy who brings this back up... (tubes sounding better)

@tha(t)oneguy , If it sounds different, it is; when I can hear a difference, it exists, dispite the average human's ability to hear or process sounds. If I like a difference in sound, I find better ways to employ it more. There is credence in listening; everyone hears and sees specific...
  2. gazious

CONSIDERING MAGNAPAN MG-1.5 QR

While I have an understanding of both the principles of electronics and sound, I can not claim an authority of knowledge in regards to how amplifier damping interacts/affects speaker impedance. My working rule of thumb is that low efficiency speakers benefit from increased amplifier damping. I...
  3. gazious

Best way to level an unlevel turntable without adjustable feet?

I used a deck of playing cards, then further corrected with small squares of paper (thinner).
  4. gazious

Turntable for 800-1200 euro

@JFCarlstrom , I simply desire the best sound that I can afford to procure and maintain. After researching this for years, though the market had proven volatile, I chose a Technics SL-1200-XX as the base platform to invest in improved cartridge and styli. To date I have spent 4x the amount on...
  5. gazious

@JoeESP9 , I Realise that bi-amping has zero to do with the source media but I appreciate you insuring that the point is understood. I have subsequently chosen to include a phone input also
  6. gazious

@Nat , @JoeESP9 , @Blue Shadow , @a_retent , @wmgwizard , @jazzmans , @twiiii , Thank you for your independent feedbacks. It has been a couple days and I have been thinking about both my question and my goal. I realized that I worded it incorrectly. Because I prefer a passive crossover...
  7. gazious

Hello, I am considering using a set of Magnapan MG-1.5QR's in a simple, true stereo system. I desire to run them bi-amped with CD source material: • 80 wrms high (Nikko Alpha III) • 250 wrms low (Nikko Alpha I) through a Nikko Beta II preamp. I am very interested to hear opinions on this setup...
  8. gazious

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Van Halen; Tokyo Dome Live... wow!! I am blown away with this performance, I argue their best recording to date. It would be better without Wolfgang on bass, as his playing screams for the childish and unyielding need for attention verses the laid back SOLID role Mr. Anthony provided the...
  9. gazious

Can lower power amps safely drive 4 ohm speakers ?

@Brite_Star This is how it works; Ohm's law states that for a given voltage (constant from source) current is inversely proportional to impedance: V = voltage, I = current and R = impedance V = I/R - If the load resistance is higher, less current will be available to power the load. EXAMPLE...
  10. gazious

Nikko Beta II

@dctangent I hope that you mopped up the blood and used extra bleach. Yes, I am GREEN.
  11. gazious

Cat Stevens': Buddha and the Chocolate Box, LP.
  12. gazious

Loverboy; LP.
  13. gazious

Boston; Don't Look Back, LP.
  14. gazious

price info for audioquest volcanos

i do know the original msr was 4,399.99 us dollars.
  15. gazious

i do have some hd pics but i do not know how to attach them yet.
  16. gazious

Mc_Man, yes this was the top 100 percent copper cable, they were used a single system for 13 months. i would say prestine but i am uncertain how others view a set of terminals that were used, once?
  17. gazious

hello, what is a fair market price for a condition 9 of 10 (the only wear being, "negible" use of the terminals), used 3m set of 72dbs, spade factory built and terminated audioquest volcanos with original packaging?
  18. gazious

Kansas; Leftoverture, LP.
  19. gazious

Don Felder; Audio One, LP.
  20. gazious

Joe Walsh; But Seriously Folks, LP.
  21. gazious

Pat Menahey Group; First Circle, LP.
  22. gazious

Lee Ritenour; On the Line, LP.
  23. gazious

WHERE THESE MADE SPECIFICALLY TO PRODUCE JAZZ?

I finally tried elevating the kg4's. I went up 12" but I used two plastic boxes. The mid range increase was incomprehensible and the blending between the mids and the highs was super but the low end dropped off the page. I think that it is because the plastic didn't transfer the sound to the...
  24. gazious

Chick Corea; The Leprechaun, LP.
  25. gazious

Rufus & Chaka; Masterjam, LP.
Back
Top Bottom